Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Match day parking

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
If you haven't already booked the Bridge car park, it is sold out. Not sure if other parking may go live before the season starts.

Cheers for the heads up.

Straight after that post I thought I should probably book my parking and saw the error of my ways. Guess it'll be a case of waiting for any other parking to open up or just biting the bullet and jumping on the p&r bus.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What's the parking in Lewes like ?

I can’t speak for Lewes I believe others have helped ..Southwick north of station is fine and free..but I reckon Lewes will be less hassle for u…I’m going to give that a go for the Leicester game to see what it’s like should not be able to get in The Bridge car park

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Are there still plenty of cycle racks available outside the ground? Park and cycle a good option if so.

Depends on the weather but there arent enough generally if you arrive close to kickoff, especially since they no longer allow us to lock to the railway fences. Though you can find places nearby. Dont think anyone has mentioned this but the parking permit areas have been expanded during lockdown to include the Bear Road/Coombe Road areas and the old barracks. This will put more of a squeeze on free parking areas that you could once park and bus or even amex bike from.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Depends on the weather but there arent enough generally if you arrive close to kickoff, especially since they no longer allow us to lock to the railway fences. Though you can find places nearby. Dont think anyone has mentioned this but the parking permit areas have been expanded during lockdown to include the Bear Road/Coombe Road areas and the old barracks. This will put more of a squeeze on free parking areas that you could once park and bus or even amex bike from.

It still amazes me there isn't a Btn BikeShare docking station at the ground yet given both the stadium and the bike share scheme are sponsored by Amex.

Obviously not expecting 30k people to all jump on hire bikes after a match but a big docking station there would definitely be used on matchdays.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Little disappointed the club didn’t have the vision to offer a drive in cinema equivalent in lui of one the stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Dont think anyone has mentioned this but the parking permit areas have been expanded during lockdown to include the Bear Road/Coombe Road areas and the old barracks. This will put more of a squeeze on free parking areas

Dammit i usually park round that area and get the bus, the only place now left is the city centre

EDIT: looked on the B+H council website it says permit only but nothing about matchday restrictions. bugger

https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/parking-zones?field_zone_id_value=U#map

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Dammit i usually park round that area and get the bus, the only place now left is the city centre

EDIT: looked on the B+H council website it says permit only but nothing about matchday restrictions. bugger

https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/parking-zones?field_zone_id_value=U#map

NWSS coach fellow Cowfold resident? Picks up outside the Old Post Office on the Bolney Road, (though you prob know all that anyway!)

No longer available on a match by match basis now though, and needs to be booked for the entire season, £170 a seat, so although convenient, not the cheapest option. It does mean that you can enjoy a drinky or three when you are the Amex though.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
It still amazes me there isn't a Btn BikeShare docking station at the ground yet given both the stadium and the bike share scheme are sponsored by Amex.

Obviously not expecting 30k people to all jump on hire bikes after a match but a big docking station there would definitely be used on matchdays.

It would and if people had to provide ID for them with your driving licence on the line like the trial scooter schemes it would work well. Especially if we had a bike only lane away from the stadium, it is a fight to get to the road. I head for the university, starting on the A27 is way too dodgy.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Jay White

Banned
Jul 26, 2021
Covid and the preference for fans to drive so socially distanced has shown a flaw in falmer. I still say should never have been built in an area of outstanding natural beauty.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In the 10 years we’ve been at the Amex I’ve never had to use park and ride as I’ve always got the train or parked in the Bridge car park but looks like I’m going to have to for the Leicester game as no trains running between Littlehampton and Brighton that weekend. I could do with some advice if possible.

It’s my kids first Albion game so I wanted to get to the ground particularly early so they can take it all in so as that’s a 2pm game, what times will the car parks open and the first buses run to to the ground? And how long do they run after the game?

Out of interest, how are other Hampshire based fans planning to get to that game?

Jul 7, 2003
In the 10 years we’ve been at the Amex I’ve never had to use park and ride as I’ve always got the train or parked in the Bridge car park but looks like I’m going to have to for the Leicester game as no trains running between Littlehampton and Brighton that weekend. I could do with some advice if possible.

It’s my kids first Albion game so I wanted to get to the ground particularly early so they can take it all in so as that’s a 2pm game, what times will the car parks open and the first buses run to to the ground? And how long do they run after the game?

Out of interest, how are other Hampshire based fans planning to get to that game?

Thanks for the heads up, hadn't spotted that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here