Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Masters Fancy's

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Billy. You have clearly been sent some info by someone who knows thier stuff. Is this one of those golf subscriber things? I am curious as the paucity of data for golf means there is money to be made somewhere and i could spend all day looking at stats.

What are the odds on a hole in one? Not that long ago, if you backed anyone getting a hole in one in every tournament throughout the year, you made money. Have never done it myself though.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Justin Rose at 16/1 for me (ew at quarter odds for the top 6)

Has done well before falling away in the past, but is in the form of his life

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
What are the odds on a hole in one? Not that long ago, if you backed anyone getting a hole in one in every tournament throughout the year, you made money. Have never done it myself though.

The accepted wisdom for the masters is back a hole in one on the sunday. The pin positions tend to be favourable and the price will have expanded if one hasnt happened on day 1-3. Current price is even money for 1 or more holes in 1. Long gone are the days when the bookies priced this up 6 or more to 1.

Jimmy Grimble

Had 2 winners in the majors last year and generally do pretty well. One of them was Bubba. This year I've gone with:

Poulter
Dustin Johnson
Kaymer
Webb Simpson
Jason Day

All e/w. And a outright bet on Els at 180-1 on Betfair which I'll probably look to lay off at some point (he's already dropped to 140-1).

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Had 2 winners in the majors last year and generally do pretty well. One of them was Bubba. This year I've gone with:

Poulter
Dustin Johnson
Kaymer
Webb Simpson
Jason Day

All e/w. And a outright bet on Els at 180-1 on Betfair which I'll probably look to lay off at some point (he's already dropped to 140-1).

yeh I got 2 winners last year too - Bubba and Webb, and had a fair few place too, so made about £300 off about 5 £1 E/W bets for each major

Jimmy Grimble

yeh I got 2 winners last year too - Bubba and Webb, and had a fair few place too, so made about £300 off about 5 £1 E/W bets for each major

Nice. I had Bubba and Els. Golf is always decent for e/w value.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Got a tenner each-way on Keegan Bradley (25/1) and Dustin Johnson (30/1).

All I want is for them to make the cut and get a good run for my money going into Sunday. :thumbsup:

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Donald @ 33's and Snedeker @ 40's.

5's each way on both

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fiver each way on John Merrick, the elephant man is a huge 700/1.

Jimmy Grimble

Got a bad feeling Jason Day has peaked too early. Hopefully he can hang on in there. Dustbin Johnson had a bloody 'mare in the final few holes.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Tiger could / should be disqualified:ohmy: Tiger said he took it back two yards which you aren't allowed to do under rule 26 1a and they may use that to hang him. I don't think he can use 26 1b as it entered the hazard on the other side.

26 1 a. Proceed under the stroke and distance provision of Rule 27-1 by playing a ball as nearly as possible at the spot from which the original ball was last played (see Rule 20-5); or
b. Drop a ball behind the water hazard, keeping the point at which the original ball last crossed the margin of the water hazard directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped, with no limit to how far behind the water hazard the ball may be dropped;

It will be interesting to see if they have the balls to do it. Penalise a little boy 1 shot for slow play in a 6 hour round is easy to do but DQ the worlds number 1 is something completely different.

It looks wide open at the moment and I'm liking Snedeker who is playing himself back to his very best.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
How is he throwing it away, today is moving day Friday is all about making the cut

I agree 1 under going into Saturday is fine but that was a shocking back 9 for Dusty, he's got to put that behind him now if he is to get into contention on Sunday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here