Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Masters Fancy's

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Have just added Nick Watney at 75 too. Short game to die for and just needs to get his driving sorted which his coach, Butch Harmon, seems to think is ok at the moment....although he's hardly going to say it isn't.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Have scrutinised the field and looking at the Valero Texas Open as a guide, I have chosen former Open Winner Ben Curtis at 750-1 (Betfair) to bring home the bacon.

1)He has won a major.

2)Valero scores were T31 74 71 72 70 287 $35,960.00, impressively tuning up his game.

3)Played well a couple of weeks back as well.

Have also had a 20-1 top 10 finish saver on him.

Great tournament, canne wait.

TNBA

TTF

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Adam Scott
Nick Watney
Justin Rose
Charl Swartzel

And two longshots Nicolas Colsaerts and Zack Johnson

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Woods wins, simples....Betting on anyone else should be each-way. Donald at 40/1 looks value. Not a long hitter which is a disadvantage, but then his short game is up there with the best in the world, which evens it out. Been having little bets on Tiger for about 3 months, tenner here and twenty there. Will be very happy on Sunday night when he slips on a 5TH green jacket....The clue is in the 5TH, he can spray it around here and still get birdies.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
I have been sent this about Tiger.....

"My main concern with Woods are his ball striking and scrambling. They are rarely as average as they are right now. 147th in driving accuracy (was 15th last year going into The Masters) 76th in greens in reg (5th last year) 79th in ball striking (1st last year) and 84th in scrambling (8th last year)...Augusta is not as forgiving as most of the courses he fills his schedule with."

Food for thought. The scrambling stat is the most concerning stat for his backers round Augusta for me as you need to have the chipping game that he used to have when you aren't hitting greens

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

"My main concern with Woods are his ball striking and scrambling. They are rarely as average as they are right now. 147th in driving accuracy (was 15th last year going into The Masters) 76th in greens in reg (5th last year) 79th in ball striking (1st last year) and 84th in scrambling (8th last year)...Augusta is not as forgiving as most of the courses he fills his schedule with."

Food for thought. The scrambling stat is the most concerning stat for his backers round Augusta for me as you need to have the chipping game that he used to have when you aren't hitting greens

Amazing stats when you think he has played 5 events this year and won 3 of them and returned to number 1 in the world....100 putts over four rounds, the other week!!!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Season 2013 so far,,,,

Putting...1st
Eagles....1st
Birdie av..3rd
Scoring av..1st

Stats can normally tell whatever story you chose to believe.

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
This is possibly the only sporting event ever where i am in profit having picked immelman (125-1) zach johnson (125-1) and bubba watson (50-1) in recent years. I reckon this year sneedeker, day, westwood and mahan is always there or thereabouts. Outsider perhs d.a. Points who did well last week and is 300-1.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Mainly on his courses that don't have much rough on them. His putter needs to be as hot as its ever been for him to win...nothing would surprise me with Tiger though.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Mainly on his courses that don't have much rough on them. His putter needs to be as hot as its ever been for him to win...nothing would surprise me with Tiger though.

Augusta hasn't got any rough though, it's all pine needles....why do you think he has won it four times already lol.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
How anybody can be tempted to back Tiger at 10/3 when there are possibly 40 players that could win it is beyond me.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
All will be revealed Sunday night. Tiger is the form horse, has the track form and is back at the top of his game. The bigger the field, the bigger the certainty is an old betting saying, he is that short for a very good reason. I personally think 9/2 will look massive on Sunday morning ahead of the last round. It's going to be interesting that's for sure....The Masters, The Open and Cheltenham. My fav three events of the year,,,,fantastic stuff.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I'm backing Dustin Johnson and Luke Donald. I also really think one of the Thai, phillipino or japanese players are going to win a major at long odds soon. Can one of the golf nuts on here suggest which Asian I should stick my doh on?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Billy. You have clearly been sent some info by someone who knows thier stuff. Is this one of those golf subscriber things? I am curious as the paucity of data for golf means there is money to be made somewhere and i could spend all day looking at stats.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
This is available on the PGA Tour website and a mate sent it to me, don't know where he got it from. There are so many stats available on the PGA Tour website that these type of things could come from anyone. Most golf events come down to who putts best on the week. Just watched Brandt Snedeker's interview and he looks and sounds in the right place now and I'm very happy about having backed him at 50/1. I think he's in for a big week and the 40/1 that is available now looks big given he was as low as 16/1 after he won in January / February.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
matt kucher for me - don't know why, he always makes the game look easy and he can putt too so that gives him a decent shot come Sunday (I hope!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here