Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mastermind

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Three things:

The complete works of Shakespeare? WTF were you thinking?!!
It was madness in retrospect. I should have gone for my second subject - the history of Sussec Cricket Club first. I'd have won that episode with just an average score. As I said, I chose it in a panic as I couldn't think of anything. It was at the audition and you don't have time to go away and think of something else.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This incorrect on so many levels.

Firstly there are 15 reds in play at the start of a frame and there is no need to pot a colour after a red.

15 x Reds = 1 point each
Yellow = 2
Green = 3
Brown = 4
Blue = 5
Pink = 6

No need pot pot the final black if one player is >7 points ahead so:

Player 1 pots 15 reds with no colours and the final yellow = 17 points

Player 2 pots Green, Brown and Blue = 12 points

Player 1 pots the pink to lead 23 to 12 and wins

There might be a more elegant way to do it for slightly less points but this is the general principle.
You have obviously been watching me and my brother playing snooker.

And although 21 balls were potted, there were well over 100 shots played in the match.

Rinse and repeat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d be very strong on Jonathan Creek, Alan Partridge or The X Files. Try me, I promise I won’t cheat ;)
The final episode of what other series was an episode of the X files.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
0 - 12 surely ??

Foul from break (missing all the reds) 0-4, (opponent asks for ball to be replaced if ended in a snooker - extrememly unlikely as they would make them play from there) opponent then misses the reds in the pack again (0-8) and again ends in a snookered position , the opponent again asks for it to be replaced (again extremely unlikely), and the ref warns the player they will forfeit the frame if they miss again, and they proceed to miss once more and loses the frame with the score 0-12
We are confusing the OP's question with other similar questions which was:

What is the minimum number of balls you need to pot to win a snooker frame.

Nothing to do with the scores except my example was if every ball was potted individually and legally to bring the frame to a conclusion (not including the final black which isn't mandatory and depends on the scores).

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We are confusing the OP's question with other similar questions which was:

Nothing to do with the scores except my example was if every ball was potted individually and legally to bring the frame to a conclusion (not including the final black which isn't mandatory and depends on the scores).
I was replying to the post saying the minimum score is 16-8 but my example shows that a frame can be won with zero balls being potted and an even lower final frame score of 12-0, and so my reply was disagreeing with the result Google produced, and explaining why

I had already answered the original question earlier in this thread, showing that you can win a frame without potting a single ball, and explaining how it could be done.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I was replying to the post saying the minimum score is 16-8 but my example shows that a frame can be won with zero balls being potted and an even lower final frame score of 12-0, and so my reply was disagreeing with the result Google produced, and explaining why

I had already answered the original question earlier in this thread, showing that you can win a frame without potting a single ball, and explaining how it could be done.
(y)apologies if I misunderstood - I think we actually both came up with the same answer to the question posed.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What do Alan and Dave Clifton both class as a crime?

Who got shot on the last KNKY?

Corrie's Ian Puleston-Davies appeared as Alan's nemisis from school, but what was his character name?

What was the added extra to Michael's 'cup of beans'?

There you go...........

I expect 4 Phoenix Nights questions in return :thumbsup:
Dead air!

Forbes McAllister

Phil Whiley

A sausage (it’s like a savoury 99)

Who did Holy Mary impersonate in the 'Stars in Your Eyes' night at the club?

Which winner of "Junior Talent Trek" did Ray Von supposedly kill?

At the Phoenix Club's 'Family Fun Day,' Brian dupes someone into wearing a ridiculous costume for the kids. What does he rename them?

In the third episode Max meets a childhood friend. What is his nickname?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Dead air!

Forbes McAllister

Phil Whiley

A sausage (it’s like a savoury 99)

Who did Holy Mary impersonate in the 'Stars in Your Eyes' night at the club?

Which winner of "Junior Talent Trek" did Ray Von supposedly kill?

At the Phoenix Club's 'Family Fun Day,' Brian dupes someone into wearing a ridiculous costume for the kids. What does he rename them?

In the third episode Max meets a childhood friend. What is his nickname?
Lulu

Tracey Burns

Jerry The Berry

Pass.

I hope it’s a 4/3 defeat for me 😂

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not Millennium?
Yes Millennium.

1680633073891.png

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Mine?

Maybe... the wines of the Northern Rhone
My favourite (Southern) Rhone quiz question is: "What did the authorities in Châteauneuf-du-Pape ban in 1954?" and as a supplementary: "Which Californian wine celebrates that ban?"

(a gimmee for you, no doubt...)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
My favourite (Southern) Rhone quiz question is: "What did the authorities in Châteauneuf-du-Pape ban in 1954?" and as a supplementary: "Which Californian wine celebrates that ban?"

(a gimmee for you, no doubt...)
:) The ‘54 law certainly is: any flying saucers passing thru CNdP will be detained as they are persona non grata.

I don’t know which CA wine celebrates it, but I’d be pretty certain it must be Bonny Doon’s Le Cigare Volant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here