Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive squad overhaul needed in the summer...

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I think we need to re-establish our way of playing around certain players.
New keeper may be a necessity as TK is more than likely leaving.
We need new CB to help but dunk has real potential.
Chiksen seems like he could be an adequate left back to save up money for other positions.
Solly March, Ince, JFC are all talented and can be used. Obviously not all at the same time but with Stephens help could be a decent midfield.
Buckley isn't up to being a first team regular as he is too injury prone. Lua lua is inconsistent but I would keep him. Orlandi I'm not bothered about.
CMS is a decent striker and used in the right system.
Ulloa could generate some decent players.

Generally I would like to see youth, pace and a bit of attacking mentality.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
^^^ await the influx of Spanish flair.

woody12a

Nov 9, 2006
Kuszczak obviously leaving, been off form anyway, back up keepers horrendous.

Two ageing Spanish right backs, neither of which can defend very well.

Again, two old centre backs, how much longer can they go on? Dunk seems a bit of a liability.

Ward won't be back now Wolves are back up and can offer better wages.

Ince could possibly be sold, head and shoulders about anything else we have.

Andrews presumably won't be back.

Agustien presumably not wanted despite having obvious talent.

Lopez and Rodriguez are very poor at best.

Will 'Kitson' Buckley can't stay fit for more than two weeks and has lost all form.

Lingard clearly won't return to this.

Mackail-Smith will never score enough at this level but can't fault his effort.

Ulloa spends more time throwing tantrums than looking for the ball.

Oscar is negativity personified.

Jones is a puppet.

Burke is a buffoon.

Doesn't leave a great deal does it?

What an absolute tosser !!!!!

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
The season overall, I think we have over achieved given what we've had to contend with so no gripes and moaning here, Derby showed they are a far better set up unit that us all round so fair enough.

That said though, this season has been decidedly uninspiring, clinging onto single goal wins and hardly any dominant games at home especially. I just don't think we are physically strong enough compared to a lot of teams in this league. We need a really powerful midfielder, Ince could be that player but is too young to rely on for a whole season.

I hope Oscar stays and is given a summer to get in his players but out of who we have at the moment I think there needs to be a lot of changes.

Pig - Hope he stays but if it's all about money then there are other decent keepers out there.
Bruno - Far too inconsistent and injury prone to warrant a big pay cheque.
Calde - Nowhere near good enough for a starting role but hope he stays with the club, decent squad option.
Greer - Best days gone now, time to move on.
Upson - Really hope we can get him to stay, one of the highlights of the season.
Dunk - Since the court case looked back to his best, would love to see him starting with Upson.
Ward - Great replacement for Bridge, gives his all every game. Hopefully will sign if wages don't stop us.
Andrews - Not bad but not worth pursuing, loses the ball too frequently and doesn't have that physical presence.
Orlandi - Let go, inury prone and hasn't looked the same this year when fit.
Ince - Brilliant, but let's not put too much pressure on him, he needs quality alongside him.
JFC - Could still come good but not ready for a starting role, decent squad player.
Lopez - Awful this season, no idea why he's so different to last year, my biggest disappointment in the team this season.
Lua Lua - Lord knows why he is so different starting as opposed to coming off the bench. A Game changing sub but is that enough for us or him ?.
Buckley - Just not the same player we used to have, no pace, doesn't beat his man, looks so off his game. Sell if we can.
Ulloa - Great player, needs service, build the team to suit him.
Hoskins/CMS - Both horrible injury plagued seasons but for some reason I'd like to see them both given a chance but not if it means no other strikers coming in.
March - A great first season, very pleased we've got his contract sorted.
Crofts - His injury couldn't have come at a worse time, was on fire until then. Hopefully back for next season, he's much needed.
Lingard - Is he too good for us or not as good as United think he is ?, didn't come close to what I had hoped.
Ankegren/Brez - Both have been here a year too long. Give the youngster a chance as number 2.
Agustien - Surely best for both sides if he leaves.
Rodriguez - Done nothing to warrant a new deal.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Kuszczak obviously leaving, been off form anyway, back up keepers horrendous.

Two ageing Spanish right backs, neither of which can defend very well.

Again, two old centre backs, how much longer can they go on? Dunk seems a bit of a liability.

Ward won't be back now Wolves are back up and can offer better wages.

Ince could possibly be sold, head and shoulders about anything else we have.

Andrews presumably won't be back.

Agustien presumably not wanted despite having obvious talent.

Lopez and Rodriguez are very poor at best.

Will 'Kitson' Buckley can't stay fit for more than two weeks and has lost all form.

Lingard clearly won't return to this.

Mackail-Smith will never score enough at this level but can't fault his effort.

Ulloa spends more time throwing tantrums than looking for the ball.

Oscar is negativity personified.

Jones is a puppet.

Burke is a buffoon.

Doesn't leave a great deal does it?

Leaves a squad of CMS, Crofts and Stephens

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
The season overall, I think we have over achieved given what we've had to contend with so no gripes and moaning here, Derby showed they are a far better set up unit that us all round so fair enough.

That said though, this season has been decidedly uninspiring, clinging onto single goal wins and hardly any dominant games at home especially. I just don't think we are physically strong enough compared to a lot of teams in this league. We need a really powerful midfielder, Ince could be that player but is too young to rely on for a whole season.

I hope Oscar stays and is given a summer to get in his players but out of who we have at the moment I think there needs to be a lot of changes.

Pig - Hope he stays but if it's all about money then there are other decent keepers out there.
Bruno - Far too inconsistent and injury prone to warrant a big pay cheque.
Calde - Nowhere near good enough for a starting role but hope he stays with the club, decent squad option.
Greer - Best days gone now, time to move on.
Upson - Really hope we can get him to stay, one of the highlights of the season.
Dunk - Since the court case looked back to his best, would love to see him starting with Upson.
Ward - Great replacement for Bridge, gives his all every game. Hopefully will sign if wages don't stop us.
Andrews - Not bad but not worth pursuing, loses the ball too frequently and doesn't have that physical presence.
Orlandi - Let go, inury prone and hasn't looked the same this year when fit.
Ince - Brilliant, but let's not put too much pressure on him, he needs quality alongside him.
JFC - Could still come good but not ready for a starting role, decent squad player.
Lopez - Awful this season, no idea why he's so different to last year, my biggest disappointment in the team this season.
Lua Lua - Lord knows why he is so different starting as opposed to coming off the bench. A Game changing sub but is that enough for us or him ?.
Buckley - Just not the same player we used to have, no pace, doesn't beat his man, looks so off his game. Sell if we can.
Ulloa - Great player, needs service, build the team to suit him.
Hoskins/CMS - Both horrible injury plagued seasons but for some reason I'd like to see them both given a chance but not if it means no other strikers coming in.
March - A great first season, very pleased we've got his contract sorted.
Crofts - His injury couldn't have come at a worse time, was on fire until then. Hopefully back for next season, he's much needed.
Lingard - Is he too good for us or not as good as United think he is ?, didn't come close to what I had hoped.
Ankegren/Brez - Both have been here a year too long. Give the youngster a chance as number 2.
Agustien - Surely best for both sides if he leaves.
Rodriguez - Done nothing to warrant a new deal.

Stephens?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Reading some of this makes us sound like relegation fodder.

Where did we finish in the league?

What sort of injury problems have we had throughout the season? culminating in a team with a very good defensive record being without a first choice full-back and a first choice (Rock) centre half for this game and then being deprived of the other stalwart centre half and club captain half way through the first half.

Some people on here need counselling.

sherrinned

Aug 12, 2003
West Worthing
All we really need is a decent midfield who are able to support the forward line. From what I saw today we were completely unable to successfully complete passes and without that we cannot supply crosses etc.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
My view on would I would like to see next year:

Pig - Think he's on the way out regardless, I'm confident we can sign a keeper of equal quality.
Bruno - Would be happy to see him for another year.
Calde - Great pro, not quite starting quality but good cover and I love his commitment and passion.
Greer - Showed tonight how important he is as a leader, could be good to have a season alongside Dunk to help him learn more.
Upson - Would love to have him back, really hope we do, only downside is keeping Dunk out of the side.
Dunk - Looking better each game he plays, I think next season could be his best.
Ward - Big fan and really hope he stays with us not Wolves.
Andrews - I think he has given his best but wouldn't mind seeing him leave.
Orlandi - Poor after his return, gutted he isn't showing what he did last year. Not sure he will play next season.
Ince - More starts instead of Andrews next season and I can see him being a key player next season.
JFC - Bench quality but I don't think he will start over Stephens/Crofts.
Lopez - Thanks but bye Spanish Dave, not good enough anymore.
Lua Lua - Would like to see him start more often but I think his attitude is the issue and we may have seen the last of him.
Buckley - If he can work on his fitness over the summer then he will still be good next season, if not then I think we will only see him occasionally next season.
Ulloa - With some more support he will fire over 20 next year I'm sure.
Hoskins - Would like to see him playing the 'Lindard' role next year, I hope he stays and gets some games once he is fully fit.
CMS - Love the guy but can't see how he will fit in, would like to see more of him.
March - Has to start more next year, like Ince/Dunk I think next year will be when he really blossoms.
Crofts - If fit then he will be our key man next season, midfield goals and leadership.
Stephens - In the middle with Crofts he will be excellent.
Lingard - Didn't suit our system, good luck with next season at United Jesse.
Ankegren - Maybe a coaching role? Don't think he will play for us again.
Brezovan - Can't see us keeping him, too many howlers and not Championship quality.
Agustien - Something not right, he will still be here but I can't see how he will fit in.
Rodriguez - See ya!

New Keeper
Bruno Greer Dunk/Upson Ward
Ince
Stephens Crofts
March Lua-Lua/Buckley/Hoskins/CMS
Ulloa

A few additions and we will threaten next year :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All we really need is a decent midfield who are able to support the forward line. From what I saw today we were completely unable to successfully complete passes and without that we cannot supply crosses etc.

Stephens and Crofts together perhaps. Odd that no-one on this thread has managed to mention them both in the same post.......................

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Stephens and Crofts together perhaps. Odd that no-one on this thread has managed to mention them both in the same post.......................

Beat you to that by one post ;) I agree, with Crofts getting forward more and being more of a ball winner and Stephens more of a playmaker, with Ince behind them both like a fortress winning everything that gets past. It's got potential!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hahaha knew this thread was only a matter of time. Love it!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Reading some of this makes us sound like relegation fodder.

Where did we finish in the league?

What sort of injury problems have we had throughout the season? culminating in a team with a very good defensive record being without a first choice full-back and a first choice (Rock) centre half for this game and then being deprived of the other stalwart centre half and club captain half way through the first half.

Some people on here need counselling.

The level of IQ on here usually directly correlates to how positive a result we've had in our last football game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here