Massimo Cellino blocks Sky Sports from Elland Road

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No matter if morally correct or not, someone should apply to be the Leeds press officer as that release looks like the workings of a 15 year old.

Could substitute BHAFC for LUFC and there would be a valid point in there. Time to stop f*cking over fans who have bought expensive tickets for precise date/times and made equally expensive travel/accommodation plans on the basis that the date/time on the ticket will be honoured. The quarrel in this case is with SKY.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I had hoped that they relented about 15mins before kick off, so that the whole Sky roadshow looked a complete shambles.

I imagine we face bigger disruption to our schedule now as Sky boycott Leeds for fear of a repeat lockout.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There are figures I saw somewhere (may have been Yorkshire evening post) that televised leeds games regularly attract figures upwards of 350k with other clubs attracting significantly below 200k

This. My point way back at the start of this thread is that many are saying he is complaining about Sky moving fixtures when in fact he wants to own the rights at which point he will move most fixtures away from the Saturday 3 pm slot.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes, but ...

I'm sure most Albion fans can come up with at least a dozen good reasons why Derby County should beat Leeds United, regardless of the circumstances on the day.

"Let's blame Sky" is an unnecessary addition to the litany.

I make no apology for the fact that I want to blame somebody other than us if we fail to go up this season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
SSN reporting on it as a "dispute with the football league", not with sky. Naturally.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Further to my comments regarding clubs selling their own matches to TV, something that happens in La Liga.
Malaga kick off tonight at 10:05 local time. It has been known for Barca to KO later.
Sunday there are four time slots for matches, 12, 4, 6:15 & 8:30 local times. All so that the matches can be shown live on TV.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
"Massimo Cellino and the Football League could be heading for another clash over fixture changes with Sky Sports attempting to re-arrange next month’s game between Leeds United and Middlesbrough.
Leeds believed they had avoided that re-arrangement after Sky chose their forthcoming trip to Brighton for a Monday-night broadcast on February 29."

Read more: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....ed-with-rearrangement-1-7681664#ixzz3xdGXkzgu

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports