Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Masks

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Give says it’s good manners and common sense. We appear to have few people prepared to think of themselves, let alone others. My brother got on a bus the other day and was the only person wearing a mask. Why the hell they can’t track and trace these idiots I have no idea.

Yoda

English & European
Hardly anyone wears one in Worthing.

No, but the cases being so low in Worthing, I feel safe not needing one.

April = 225 Confirmed New Cases
May= 127 Confirmed New Cases
June= 26 Confirmed New Cases
July= 1 Confirmed New Case (so far)

*These are pillar one AND two figures.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
It's not enforced as that would mean the Government showing leadership. What they are doing is abdicating their responsibilities. Same during the full lockdown which wasn't by any standard a full lockdown (see Spain!). Very light touch enforcement, especially with high profile government members and advisers breaching it. By not making it mandatory to wear masks then the onus rests with the individual. 95% will respond but the moronic 5% won't.

As a driving instructor I wear a mask as does the pupil but you still see other instructors not bothering. As for shops, if they took the lead and made it mandatory then everyone would have to. If you have a condition preventing it then surely you can get a letter from you GP to confirm that.

Does it require a change in law to be able to enforce compulsory wearing of face maks? It seems that the some members of the gvmt fully support this common sense action but are stopping short of making it a requirement.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Does it require a change in law to be able to enforce compulsory wearing of face maks? It seems that the some members of the gvmt fully support this common sense action but are stopping short of making it a requirement.

Just appalling IMHO that at every step of this pandemic, hmgov (and to a certain extent the 'experts') have had to be dragged kicking and screaming in the direction of basic common sense. Beyond pathetic, and many thousands of extra deaths have been the direct result

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just appalling IMHO that at every step of this pandemic, hmgov (and to a certain extent the 'experts') have had to be dragged kicking and screaming in the direction of basic common sense. Beyond pathetic, and many thousands of extra deaths have been the direct result

Indeed. After 4 months of dithering finally a decision to require mandatory use of face coverings in shops. Anyone would think we already had a world beat track and trace system...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Quite, but I cant think of any major condition that would prevent you covering your face for 10 minutes in a shop. If that is the case, get a family member to get what you need. You shouldnt be out at all. We have dropped face coverings here all but the metro... during the lockdown here, shops just wouldnt serve you if your face wasnt covered. People took responsibility

If face coverings had been made compulsory when we entered lockdown it would have been totally understandable. But we have been released from lockdown. Most sectors of the economy have now reopened. The question that the government has to answer is "why now"? Why instill more fear into the populace by introducing compulsory wearing of masks and set the economy back again?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]1279041338780954624[/tweet]

Nice visual representation of the supermen who like to throw around the snowflake 'insult'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Nice visual representation of the supermen who like to throw around the snowflake 'insult'.

Too much corn syrup guys...

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave

No doubt that the delay in making the wearing of masks compulsory in specific environments has not helped but neither has the “does it doesn’t it” negate risk debate that has been lumbering on for months.

Also a shame individuals seem to need to be told to do something that as you say is basic common sense. Many seem quick enough to berate the “nanny state” when they are given directions.

We each need to accept we have a joint responsibility to do all we can to protect one another.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Indeed. After 4 months of dithering finally a decision to require mandatory use of face coverings in shops. Anyone would think we already had a world beat track and trace system...

I will of course wear one if I have to at 2am in Asda.

But why now?

Why not 3 months ago.

Clueless

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I will of course wear one if I have to at 2am in Asda.

But why now?

Why not 3 months ago.

Clueless
Our " World Beating" government have taken our lowly nation to an incredibly high position in so many Covid-19 graphs. Just think of the global awareness of " Brand UK" now and be grateful.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

on other hand, some pictures would benefit from words to give context, could be about anything.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Barbs ain't going to be happy with these......

Snood.JPG

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
[tweet]1285055461004152837[/tweet]

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
They are not that nice to wear.

That said it is not the end of the world wearing one for 20-30 mins in the supermarket.

That said, I’ll just buy on Amazon rather than the hassle of wearing ones in shops, taking the mask off, putting it on.

I hope it is just me doing this as if too many of us do it, then that’ll be more high street stores closing and more job losses.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here