Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Martin Keown. Truth or disrespectful?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Martin on talk sport saying he worries a little about Brighton(playing his beloved Arsenal) as the Brighton players will be playing for a move to a bigger club, putting themselves in shop window!
McAnthony told him he was being a bit disrespectful to us likewise, the chap from MGM giving the odds.
He did add that Roberto is unhappy at lack of quality in transfer window so perhaps the players who play tomorrow will want to show Roberto that they're good enough!
Given that, of the current squad, Steele, Estupinan, Dunk, Gilmore, Gross, Enciso, Ferguson, Mitoma, Welbeck, Buonanotte, Veltman, Webster, March, Lamptey, Lallana, & Moder have all played in matches where Brighton either won or drew against Arsenal, given that the seven in italics have scored for Brighton against Arsenal, and given we've not only knocked them out of the League Cup, but also beat them in games they had to win to get into the ECL and to maintain their title challenge, I reckon RDZ already has indication that, on their day, our players are good enough. In fact, since we've been in the EPL we've played Arsenal 14 times in all competitions and we've won more times than they have.

I can see his point about putting yourself in the shop window though. There are a few of our ex players who've enjoyed games against Arsenal too.

1712330964403.png
1712331094621.png
1712331243552.png

Saying all that: Wheel Loose.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The 2 huge errors within the first 4 words of #1 has me wondering how this has made it all the way to Page 3.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I quite like Martin Keown, and always have done ever since he played for us in my formative Albion supporting years. I find it baffling that so many on here are getting stroppy with him when he talks fondly of his time here, and he was a decent player for us.

And if all he said was he was worried because Albion players are putting themselves in the shop window, then actually I make him right. We gave the bin dippers a massive scare only last week. Alright, nobody said that about that game, but it was still actually probably the case. And it will be for the Man City game too.

I fully expect our players to raise their game against the 3 title chasers, and Keown is right to be worried. Plus we've lost once at home all season. It's a massive banana skin for them.

albionalba

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
I'm a bit more cynical and think that was all just a bit of semi-scripted banter to hook in follow-up views on YouTube for ad revenue. It got pushed to me knowing I was interested in Brighton, tagged accordingly, and surprise surprise an ad appeared just before the bit in the 11 min segment that was pushed my way.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I wanted to beat them already.
Now this muppet is trying to stir shit up with his mind games I want to beat them by more goals.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Arsenal are very worried about this game let me tell you. It is the sort of game Brighton are well capable of winning at home and with only 1 defeat all season. I am confident
I do think we will throw a spanner into the title race at some point.

It wasn't at Liverpool so maybe Arsenal or Man City at home ?

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
When I saw Keown playing for us he looked like bambi on ice. I was amazed when Arsenal signed him. A very basic defender, Veltman-lite; less composure, less streetwise, more angry.
He's also a very basic analyst.
I thought he was in loan from Arsenal when he played for us

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Didn’t he go to Villa? Or came from Villa?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
People on here moaning about to us being viewed as what we are, a smallish club, while disrespectfully referring to Bournemouth as 'plucky' or 'tin pot'
#self-awareness. :lolol:

You haven’t been a fan too long then, Bournemouth and Reading have always been at least ‘tin pot’ even when we were in League 2! :lolol:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I was pretty upset when he went back to Arsenal - he had developed into a good solid regular first teamer.
He’s not the only one thinking/saying this stuff. Meh.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There is no such thing as Brighton players 'putting' themselves in the shop window. The club is one big year-round shop window, it never stops.

Has Joao Pedro really put himself in the shop window if he scores a last minute winner tomorrow? I think he might have already done that by being 3rd highest scorer in the Europa League, one place above 100million Euro man Viktor Gyokeres.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Arsenal invincible according to Jim White….annoying irrelevance will do

As regards to what he apparently said it’s an opinion…couldn’t care less
Ps quite liked him when on loan to us (as a player)

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well I quite like Martin Keown, and always have done ever since he played for us in my formative Albion supporting years. I find it baffling that so many on here are getting stroppy with him when he talks fondly of his time here, and he was a decent player for us.

And if all he said was he was worried because Albion players are putting themselves in the shop window, then actually I make him right. We gave the bin dippers a massive scare only last week. Alright, nobody said that about that game, but it was still actually probably the case. And it will be for the Man City game too.

I fully expect our players to raise their game against the 3 title chasers, and Keown is right to be worried. Plus we've lost once at home all season. It's a massive banana skin for them.
Totally agree with that last sentence

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Didn’t he go to Villa? Or came from Villa?

Keown joined us on loan from Arsenal twice before new Arsenal manager George Graham deiced Keown wasn't part of his plans and he was sold to Aston Villa. After a three seasons at Villa, that included a relegation and a promotion, he then joined Everton. He spent 3.5 seasons at Everton before Arsenal re-signed him mid way through the first ever Premier League season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here