Marshall/Murphy/Buckley/Bennett

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Personally I would never go back. Zamora is the exception to this rule because his age means the expectation is lower than it would be for any of Noone, Buckley, Bennett or Bridcut. All of which I wouldn't take back for different reasons.

Buckley and Bridcutt because I think Gus turned their heads probably stayed in contact and helped them force their moves through and because I don't think Bridcutt fits our model anymore, we have better options. Buckley because none of us know which Buckley we'll get back.

Noone - difficult one but apart from half a dozen electric performance in the Prem for Cardiff he really didn't pull any trees up last season.

Bennett - since the injury he's lost the pace and without pace wingers aren't wingers or any good.

No room for sentiment in searching out a successful formula for a winning team. Move on to pastures new.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bennett - since the injury he's lost the pace and without pace wingers aren't wingers or any good.

No room for sentiment in searching out a successful formula for a winning team. Move on to pastures new.

Not totally disagreeing at all but I instantly thought of Darren currie when I read this

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Murphy didn't feature in there squad this evening...they did change the side from last saturday..but the rest of there forward line either played or was on the bench....probably nothing in it

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally I would never go back. Zamora is the exception to this rule because his age means the expectation is lower than it would be for any of Noone, Buckley, Bennett or Bridcut. All of which I wouldn't take back for different reasons.

Buckley and Bridcutt because I think Gus turned their heads probably stayed in contact and helped them force their moves through and because I don't think Bridcutt fits our model anymore, we have better options. Buckley because none of us know which Buckley we'll get back.

Noone - difficult one but apart from half a dozen electric performance in the Prem for Cardiff he really didn't pull any trees up last season.

Highly debatable given the pace he showed at Fulham. Lets face it, he was just using us to get match sharpness, which by the time he'd finished with us he'd achieved, only trouble was that he tore his hamstring in that game at the end.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Highly debatable given the pace he showed at Fulham. Lets face it, he was just using us to get match sharpness, which by the time he'd finished with us he'd achieved, only trouble was that he tore his hamstring in that game at the end.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love that to be the case but something tells me he doesn't have the ability to glide past players the way he did. I love watching wingers beat their man with ease a la Paul Brooker. Maybe it was because we'd been fed off scraps for five years before with the likes of Westcott and an overcooked Stuart Storer (the Gillingham vintage not the Goldstone one...) but there's nothing more exhilarating to me in football than a searingly fast winger tearing a full back a new hole.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
According to twitterati Murphy is subject to two Championship bids, I presume we're one of them, maybe Leeds are the other?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to twitterati Murphy is subject to two Championship bids, I presume we're one of them, maybe Leeds are the other?
Leeds or Bristol City. Although Leeds signed a winger recently so maybe not them.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Go abroad! £3m turned down for Marshall, that would buy a lot from abroad.

3 to 4 from abroad and one from home. That's my prediction.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Has Lucas Perez actually gone to Deportivo yet, or is he still a right winger possibility ? ???

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In the search for a winger, news that Boro are sending Mustafa Carayole out on loan..........

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In the search for a winger, news that Boro are sending Mustafa Carayole out on loan..........

Not for me, I just hope we are moving away from loan players unless they are going to make a difference (e.g. Bridge, Ward, Upson).

I really didn't think Carayol was that good.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not for me, I just hope we are moving away from loan players unless they are going to make a difference (e.g. Bridge, Ward, Upson).

I really didn't think Carayol was that good.

Rather like Elliott Bennett he used us to regain fitness after injury.
A better player than he appeared

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports