Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille

JoeKidd

Mar 15, 2015
Here already. Irritatingly a number of African kids with Chelsea shirts around the Old Port. Good bit of advice, airport shuttle bus very efficient. Turn left leaving the airport to bus station, ticket machine card only. 10 Euro into town direct to rail station.
We're here too. Stayed at a airport hotel overnight. We bought a ticket for the airport bus at the ticket info desk at the bus stand at 10am today, 10 euros as you say, good value too. Nicely settled into to a nice hotel less than 5 minutes from the ticket pick up point & bus to stadium.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
It's all calm in the Vieux Port, no stabbings to report, just locals and tourists going about their daily lives, nice food, lots of vino, no stress which is what a trip abroad should be all about. Don't listen to all the rubbish on here about you risking your life if you step outside La Joilette, it's ridiculous.

Attachments

• IMG_20231003_195332184.jpg
    IMG_20231003_195332184.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20231003_193615602.jpg
    IMG_20231003_193615602.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20231003_193813472.jpg
    IMG_20231003_193813472.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 99

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
It's all calm in the Vieux Port, no stabbings to report, just locals and tourists going about their daily lives, nice food, lots of vino, no stress which is what a trip abroad should be all about. Don't listen to all the rubbish on here about you risking your life if you step outside La Joilette, it's ridiculous.
Yep club have done everything to worry fans ,when asked about it to police yesterday my mate asked they just laughed no different from most other big place's

morgand1987

Oct 2, 2023
On the 6.45 to Montpellier, have you pre booked your train?
Coming back on Saturday morning.
Red Lion at Gatwick might be busy.
I'm on the 7:15. I've booked the flixbus to marseille, arrives at 14:20. Hardest part seems to be getting to Gatwick 😂

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ridiculous and bizarre the way some are carrying on.

tigerbeesteve

tigerbeesteve
Jan 18, 2010
Bristol
We're here too. Stayed at a airport hotel overnight. We bought a ticket for the airport bus at the ticket info desk at the bus stand at 10am today, 10 euros as you say, good value too. Nicely settled into to a nice hotel less than 5 minutes from the ticket pick up point & bus to stadium.
thanks for the advice, does the airport bus go directly without any stops to saint charles station, and roughly how long does the journey take.

Excited now, arriving at 10.30am tomorrow.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm on the 7:15. I've booked the flixbus to marseille, arrives at 14:20. Hardest part seems to be getting to Gatwick 😂

I'm on that flight albeit in the Waitrose section of the plane having cashed my Avios points in. If someone sits next to you, takes their shoes off and snores like a bastard that'll be my mate. Just be thankful your not sharing a room with him for 2 nights.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
thanks for the advice, does the airport bus go directly without any stops to saint charles station, and roughly how long does the journey take.

Excited now, arriving at 10.30am tomorrow.
we got the shuttle bus from Marseille airport to Gare St Charles. I think the bus number is L91 and departed from bus stop 6. It’s all really easy. Took about half an hour and was 10 euros. Gare St Charles is about a 20 minute walk from the port.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Up in Cours Julien. Really good here. Lovely mix of people with an African vibe. Great dining and bar options, highly recommended.

VojFromMars

Sep 3, 2023
@Wallace : a ovo postaje prilicno zanimljivo...

L91 runs in 25-30 mins from airport to St-Charles, and is easily the best value to get there. 10€ one way (discounts for groups or return tickets) , quai 6, running every 15 minutes and you can't possibly miss it.

Like I stated earlier there are absolutely no reasons this match should be classified high risk. It was a surprise it was. When we played sensitive matchs in the years before ultras were already a bit of a problem (more on La Plaine/ Cours Ju than on the Vieux Port) on tuesday if the match was scheduled on a Thursday. Today ... nothing, nada, zilch. I don't expect anything tomorrow neither, but maybe safer not to wear colours, one never knows. On the other hand it's still late summer here and there's no buzz in the air. We had like a major crisis some fortnight ago, we have a new coach, and we're in very deep trouble. We're way better enjoying the nice weather huh...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
On my way!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here