Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've no problem with the hearty breakfast but a pint of lager at 7 in the morning? Uugghhhh. Not for me Clive.
It’s the rules when you get on a plane - whatever the time - thought everyone knew that!?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Right, could you lot in Joilette Square go to bed now! I’ve got an early train to catch !

Last edited:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I keep fearing it’s like the Bobby Ewing shower scene in Dallas in the 80s and I’ll wake up to find it never happened.
View attachment 167404
You keep fearing? … you do realise Bobby Ewing was shagging Prescilla Presley…then got out of the shower and gave Victoria Principle one.
I’d have swapped my Marseille ticket for that.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Last night I got back to the square about 11.30
I was staying at an hotel out by the airport.
No trains no buses and no phone charge.
One of those jack booted nazi storm troopers that everyone was chastising took my phone and plugged it into his van whilst I went and had a quick beer.
I then called Uber and the cop made sure he was let thru the cordon. The foot soldiers don’t set the strategy, they just stand there and take the abuse.

Last edited:

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Still trapped in this urban hellscape. Please send thoughts and prayers.

Attachments

• 20231006_185035.jpg
    20231006_185035.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG-20231006-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20231006-WA0014.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 125

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Thought Marseille was a great city. I was here in 1998 for the World Cup game and barely saw any of it (through all the tear gas). Older and wiser now, and would love to come back and have a proper explore. Yes it's shabby in places, but what major city isn't? Reminded me of Lisbon at times, loads of really cool narrow streets full of great-looking restaurants and shops. Fantastic weather, superb food and drink, and we found all the locals that we spoke to really friendly.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
My flight was not until 21:50, so I had the day free to do a bit of sight seeing, loved it, everyone I met were nice and very friendly. I was so pleased I had that time, because of what happened after the game, being treated like animals had left me with a not so favourable impression.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My flight was not until 21:50, so I had the day free to do a bit of sight seeing, loved it, everyone I met were nice and very friendly. I was so pleased I had that time, because of what happened after the game, being treated like animals had left me with a not so favourable impression.
I wasn't there, but were you treated like animals? Or were the local police trying to ensure you didn't come to any harm from their known coterie of local football nutters?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It’s like loads of people had no idea French police are utter ****s.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
It’s like loads of people had no idea French police are utter ****s.
But the French police were fine on the match day?

They were friendly and didn't take the piss at all. They didn't know what the plan was either a lot of the time just to keep us behind. We were speaking to one of them who was constantly keeping us updated on any news.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I wasn't there, but were you treated like animals? Or were the local police trying to ensure you didn't come to any harm from their known coterie of local football nutters?
We were held for at least two hours after the game then crammed into busses so tight people were passing out and others were being sick and suffering from heat stroke. I not sure that constitutes as making sure our fans didn’t come to any harm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here