Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille v Albion ticketing - allocation and priority windows etc

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Pretty sure ours is 6.40...

The more albion on the same flight the better. What an experience!

Makes my trips to Carlisle, darlington and halifax away seem a long way off...
Ahhh yes, Easyjet flight.
We're flying with British Airways.
London Gatwick is going to be buzzing with Seagulls on Thursday morning.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Can’t quite believe we’ve not sold/close to selling out. First ever European away game, everyone always moaning they can’t get to games and loyalty points unfair etc. Then get given an absolute gift with a top tier fixture and we struggle to sell out, genuinely baffled!
I for one cannot wait for this though! See you all in Marseille!
Its in the South of France. That's quite a long way away :) And you have to watch through a f***ing net!

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Ahhh yes, Easyjet flight.
We're flying with British Airways.
London Gatwick is going to be buzzing with Seagulls on Thursday morning.
British Airways for me too Wednesday evening from Heathrow. That's easy for me as there is a bus from Reading staion to Heathrow.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Flying out 06:50 Thursday morning from Heathrow with a connect in Brussels. Landing in Marseille @ 12:45 local time so hoping to have tickets and a beer in hand by about 2pm.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Can’t quite believe we’ve not sold/close to selling out. First ever European away game, everyone always moaning they can’t get to games and loyalty points unfair etc. Then get given an absolute gift with a top tier fixture and we struggle to sell out, genuinely baffled!

I dont think it's that baffling, fans are having to find the cash for extra European games already, add the fact its probably at least 500 quid with flights, hotels beer money, it's also not the most family friendly fixture with somewhat draconian measures in place.

Also most families would have seen their mortgage going up by hundreds in the middle of a cost of living crisis.

Saying all this I still think it will sell out, just a bit slower than anticipated.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I dont think it's that baffling, fans are having to find the cash for extra European games already, add the fact its probably at least 500 quid with flights, hotels beer money, it's also not the most family friendly fixture with somewhat draconian measures in place.

Also most families would have seen their mortgage going up by hundreds in the middle of a cost of living crisis.

Saying all this I still think it will sell out, just a bit slower than anticipated.
Agree - its bloody expensive and i think we'll do well to sellout all 3 away games - Ajax will be fine as its an easy one to get to but the other 2 arent

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Agree - its bloody expensive and i think we'll do well to sellout all 3 away games -
I think the surprise (certainly with me anyway) is we seem to sell out league games pretty quickly. I was in the third sale window and was umming and arring about asking to use a mates ticket. Glad I didn't now.

Still don't think I'll get a ticket for either of the other two if we only get the 5% but I'm slightly more confident after this sale. My concern is the club will note the small take up and not accept a bigger allocation for the other two should it be offered. I don't think it will be offered but you never know. I can't imagine little ol Brighton is much of a glamour tie for Ajax or AEK.

Ajax will be fine as its an easy one to get to but the other 2 arent
Out of interest what is more difficult getting to Marseille and Athens than Amsterdam? Only thing I can think of is driving is an option.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Out of interest what is more difficult getting to Marseille and Athens than Amsterdam? Only thing I can think of is driving is an option.
Amsterdam Schiphol is one of the biggest hub airports in the world with many more routes into the UK daily. Far better served via air than either of the other destinations, also ferry options too.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Amsterdam Schiphol is one of the biggest hub airports in the world with many more routes into the UK daily. Far better served via air than either of the other destinations, also ferry options too.
I'm fully aware of that but surely getting on a flight is getting on a flight? You've only got to look at this thread to look at the various routes people are going. But I guess you are correct. It is the easiest out of the three. The train comes into play as well which isn't really an option for Athens.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
I don't think it's about difficulty, as you say a flight is a flight. It's more availability. This coming Thursday there are 10 flights from Gatwick to Amsterdam but only 2 from Gatwick to Marseille. At 200 seats per plane, it's 2,000 seats per day versus 400. Therefore it's reasonable to think people are finding it harder to book a route to Marseille.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Agreed its a poor show

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here