Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille v Albion ticketing - allocation and priority windows etc

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
We can't sell out our first European game lol 😆 unbelievable
I don't think it is that surprising honestly.
Firstly, many couldn't travel because of work, school, etc. and some who just realised they can head to Marseille can't, because they didn't pre-register previously.
Secondly, Marseille is known to be violent and we have seen recent incidents like the Rugby World Cup whereby fans have become disinterested in travelling to France.
Thirdly, there is still a lot of time to buy tickets so we will see more and more sold - such as the opportunity for MyAlbion+ Members tomorrow :)

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Sorry for starting this but i genuinely didn’t pre register as there was no way of getting there ( money wise but had a win on the football saturday) so I will wait in the coming days to see if it opens up

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
I think you might be surprised by how tickets get shifted to Albion+ members. A lot of these supporters don't live in the Sussex area so aren't reliant on Gatwick flights to get to Marseille. I paid £70 RTN Edinburgh to Marseille so for me cost isn't an issue, it's getting a ticket that is.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Why would you not pre register regardless? I’d rather pre register with no obligation knowing there’s a 99% chance I can’t go than not pre register knowing circumstances change? FWIW I pre registered and am going.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but didt have the money till 5.50pm on Saturday

RenboSlice

Sep 9, 2023
I think you might be surprised by how tickets get shifted to Albion+ members. A lot of these supporters don't live in the Sussex area so aren't reliant on Gatwick flights to get to Marseille. I paid £70 RTN Edinburgh to Marseille so for me cost isn't an issue, it's getting a ticket that is.
This is true. Most away games go to members and members take a fair few of the allocations. I know quite a few people up north who don't have season tickets but go to most aways (myself included)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I can’t believe how many people are shocked at how easy it was to get tickets, and I was genuinely surprised to see people with 200+ points worrying about whether they’d get one or not.

Maybe there’s a lot of people on here who are in a more privileged position than most, but the shock that 3,500 people out of a crowd of less than 30,000 haven’t stumped up £400+ plus days off work for a relatively last minute jaunt abroad does make this forum look slightly out of touch.

I could have probably scraped together the money for Marseille on top of ‘Dam but as I’m not a member it wasn’t as appealing to go without a ticket and chance it. There’s a cost of living crisis going on. A lot of people will only be able to make one trip, Ajax is going to be the biggest piss-up, Athens will give people another two pay days to spread the cost over.

I’m surprised it’s sold as well as it has :shrug:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I can’t believe how many people are shocked at how easy it was to get tickets, and I was genuinely surprised to see people with 200+ points worrying about whether they’d get one or not.

Maybe there’s a lot of people on here who are in a more privileged position than most, but the shock that 3,500 people out of a crowd of less than 30,000 haven’t stumped up £400+ plus days off work for a relatively last minute jaunt abroad does make this forum look slightly out of touch.

I could have probably scraped together the money for Marseille on top of ‘Dam but as I’m not a member it wasn’t as appealing to go without a ticket and chance it. There’s a cost of living crisis going on. A lot of people will only be able to make one trip, Ajax is going to be the biggest piss-up, Athens will give people another two pay days to spread the cost over.

I’m surprised it’s sold as well as it has :shrug:
For me the pre registration figure that was indicated by several people to be well over 5000 (and was strongly backed up by the points tiers) was what influenced my thinking regarding sales of these tickets. I never thought it would sell out first day but i did believe that the take up in that top two tiers would be greater than it turned out to be as i assumed that those who had registered, especially those with the highest points, would buy the vast majority of availability. As it turned out it was less than half so that has been a lesson for me and maybe the club as well, hindsight being a wonderful thing. I am fully aware that there was no obligation to buy having pre registered but the small take up still surprised me.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Why does it matter if you can get a ticket anyway? Surely we want to sell out?
Hang on - you'd be fuming now if a fellow Brighton fan had the opportunity to buy a ticket to a game that has no affect on you whatsoever? - strange take......

Maybe I wasn't clear, I wasn't advocating that at all. I was saying if it changed that anyone could get a ticket tomorrow before I had the chance to in my window, I wouldn't be happy. Of course I want it to sell out.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I don't have the time to take off work so didn't register and regretting it now as sure I could wangle something.. here's hoping it opens to all...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Maybe I wasn't clear, I wasn't advocating that at all. I was saying if it changed that anyone could get a ticket tomorrow before I had the chance to in my window, I wouldn't be happy. Of course I want it to sell out.
Ah right. Well I can't imagine the club will want there to be thousands of unsold tickets. If there are still 500 left in a few days then they will probably open it up again. I would suggest anyone who didn't pre-register should email or call the club asking them to do it- if these people become a big enough nuisance then they will do it.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
Morning all,

Any chance of a quick update and pictures of each section with how many are left?

Thanks in advance

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Morning all,

Any chance of a quick update and pictures of each section with how many are left?

Thanks in advance
tik.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here