[Albion] Marseille fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Lots of Marseille fans in Churchill Square - I got eyeballed by one. There was also about 20+ of them outside The Victory 15 minutes ago. I then walked into The Bath Arms to get out of the drizzle and a lone guy in a Marseille shirt sat by the door proceded to get his phone out and start messaging whilst looking over at me as I went up the bar. I walked out.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Lots of Marseille fans in Churchill Square - I got eyeballed by one. There was also about 20+ of them outside The Victory 15 minutes ago. I then walked into The Bath Arms to get out of the drizzle and a lone guy in a Marseille shirt sat by the door proceded to get his phone out and start messaging whilst looking over at me as I went up the bar. I walked out.
I thought you wunt be druv?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Loads of Filth by Brighton Station. I didn't know that shop on the corner of Surrey
Street was still there.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh come on, paranoia at it's height, give ya head a wobble.

You shouda gone ambling up to him, slapped his phone out of his hands and shouted "Oi Froggie NO" "You will not be telling your ultras to get down here pronto to sort me out" "Because this is Brighton, if anyone is texting anyone it is me" "Save on your roaming charge, would you like a pint of mild, my good friend"

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Oh come on, paranoia at it's height, give ya head a wobble.

You shouda gone ambling up to him, slapped his phone out of his hands and shouted "Oi Froggie NO" "You will not be telling your ultras to get down here pronto to sort me out" "Because this is Brighton, if anyone is texting anyone it is me" "Save on your roaming charge, would you like a pint of mild, my good friend"
It may well have been paranoia, but I wasn't taking any chances. I wanted a quiet, slow pint not a nervy one looking over my shoulder.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
they're organising a march from town to train station apparently
Which is pretty standard practice for a lot of European ultras / supporters. I hope they enjoy the freedom we were not allowed in Marseille.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
they're organising a march from town to train station apparently
In the rain. Alone. Cold. Wet. :lolol:

Honestly, I hope Sussex police don't do for them what they do for Palace. Just let the twats stand in the rain until we're all on the trains and in the stadium.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Are the Marseille fans not being directed to the king and Queen as previous games andif yes where’s the usual little video of them singing and drinking in the courtyard behind the iron bars.

Unless they are not beer drinkers and the choice of NewZealand Zinderfell or an Chilian Shiraz not hitting the mark and have wondered off

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Well, that's 6' 4", soft, 55-year-old me warned, then. I'll be taking the bus at Old Steine, but  sans my Euro tee, which I'll only slip on once I'm at fhe Amex.

I'll take it off on the way back, too, since I've heard French spoken outside my hotel room.

This is such weird behaviour from a North American point of view... Boston and Philadelphia excepted, of course, lol.

Bloody hell, small world Gatineau! I lived in Ottawa across the river wayyy back in 1978/79. I have a claim to fame, I played for West Ottawa U18s against Gatineau, a big cross border English v French crunch match, it was broadcast on local television K-something public service broadcasting. Although I like to hide my light under a bushel, I did score the winning goal in a 1-0 victory. It was a filth game, Canadians play footie like ice hockey stylee. There was only one TV camera, on a temporary gantry at the half way line, when the ball hit the net I had a 55 yard run to get to the gantry for a proper goal celebration, I was bolloxed. Anyway, stay safe and enjoy the game tonight. I can’t attend because I’m very unwell with covid and other problems. UTA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports