Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille fans

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Speaking as a relatively nervous Dad bringing my 8 year old to the game on Thursday - are there plans afoot to keep all Marseille fans together and then get them to the ground separately? AEK game no issues but slightly nervous after the Ajax issues at the station.
Obviously if I was on my own I'd be tooled up and steam right into them, but need to lead by example on this occasion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm pretty sure you will be fine. After all the horror stories being circulated before the campaign, all the games so far have passed with minimal issues from opposing fans. Just keep your wits about you, as you usually would, and enjoy the evening.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd imagine the King & Queen will be used and a stricter use of the shuttles from there will be deployed. I'd expect a Palace level of policing for this one which should minimise any potential disorder.

Head up to the stadium as early as possible if you are concerned

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Their fans are great. Literally the only good part about that shuttle between Joliette and Velodrome was zooming past all of them flipping the bird at us from their cars/mopeds - some very subtly and some ridiculously vociferously. It genuinely really made me chuckle and diverted my attention from the droning Sussex Whingebag behind me who was complaining about Marseilles Police and comparing it to his experience with England in '98.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Their fans are great. Literally the only good part about that shuttle between Joliette and Velodrome was zooming past all of them flipping the bird at us from their cars/mopeds - some very subtly and some ridiculously vociferously. It genuinely really made me chuckle and diverted my attention from the droning Sussex Whingebag behind me who was complaining about Marseilles Police and comparing it to his experience with England in '98.
Agreed. I think we should all line the sides of the A27 sticking our fingers up at their coaches all along their journey to the Amex tomorrow night. They'll shit themselves.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Having been to all 3 away games, Marseille was by far the most intimidating. But how many of those homes fans driving around on scooters with machetes are likely to be travelling to the away games? Not many I’d guess. Probably will be fine.
Was told at work 75% of the tickets have gone to UK based fans and 25% will travel, most of the Ultra groups like the 'commando ultras' are banned from travelling. They've been told the shuttle buses are optional but advised (much like us in Athens).

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Agreed. I think we should all line the sides of the A27 sticking our fingers up at their coaches all along their journey to the Amex tomorrow night. They'll shit themselves.
Why has mooneying gone out of fashion? orget 'the bird' - we should line up and do a mass moony. It's underated

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No just get Gully and his family out to greet them

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Was told at work 75% of the tickets have gone to UK based fans and 25% will travel, most of the Ultra groups like the 'commando ultras' are banned from travelling. They've been told the shuttle buses are optional but advised (much like us in Athens).
Banned from travelling or banned from buying tickets?

They had plenty of herberts travel to their game in Amsterdam.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here