[Albion] Marseille fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Football hooliganism in England is effectively over.
Absolute bollocks is it. There is trouble all over the country every weekend, and it's on the rise again. I think the lower leagues are much worse than the Premier League though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Assert your dominance. Walk into the away end wearing a PSG shirt and eyeball each and every one of them. They’ll respect your authority.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Football hooliganism in England is effectively over. The police will round up the Marseille fans and walk them to the ground. You will be 100% safe.
It's making a big comeback post covid. People are feeling increasingly disenfranchised within society I think. The subculture is a natural balm to those feelings. Football factory is not a great film but the "Tottenham away" monologue does sum up a lot of people's state of mind.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As the Night Tsar, I hope he enjoys it's wonderful nightlife, a trip to the Victoria should sort him right out.
I’m hoping he’s off to the Foghorn.

If he’s not licked to death by a pack of deceptively ferocious cockapoos he’ll throw himself in the sea once he sees the Rose.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Assert your dominance. Walk into the away end wearing a PSG shirt and eyeball each and every one of them. They’ll respect your authority.
Only if you paint your arse bright red.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Driving home on A27 and there was a French car driving erratically, caused me to swerve. Must have been Marseille ultras causing mayhem.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There will however be a replacement 'Hold Me Back' service operating at 30 minute intervals
We have a winner.

Calling at:

19.02 General Hand Gestures
19.04 Disco Bouncing Forward And Back
19.10 Pointy Offensive Chants
19.12 Bravado Behind A Police Line
19.15 Films Uploaded To Twitter

For memories sake, in 30 years time the next PPF will talk of how tasty it all was.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Football hooliganism in England is effectively over. The police will round up the Marseille fans and walk them to the ground. You will be 100% safe.
Proper fighting seems a thing of the past but anti-social behavior (aka people being twats) racism and homophobia is still rife unfortunately.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We have a winner.

Calling at:

For memories sake, in 30 years time the next PPF will talk of how tasty it all was.
Do you see us run Ajax has probably done the rounds already amongst the teens.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Pre Brexit they would have been able to travel on their ID cards, they now need to have a passport, which might restrict them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We have a winner.

Calling at:

Between you and me, it was exactly the same in the 'infamous' 70s, except luckily we didn't have the phones for evidence and 50+year memories aren't what they were

That first flush of teenage testosterone, supplemented by a little artificial enhancement and an excitable imagination really hasn't changed much :wink:

Last edited:

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I watched the AEK away game in the pub outside London Bridge and there was a group of London based Marseille fans watching our game before theirs against Ajax. They said they are part of a group of about 150 in London who gather to watch their games in pubs in London, travel away to Europe occasionally and especially to Uk matches as well as home matches when back in France. They were looking fwd to our match, thought they’d lose, said they are hopeless this season, and did not think there’d be any trouble. They said the trouble occurs when there’s been history with another club or if visiting fans to their city start acting up. They were very uncomplimentary about Dutch fans, and anyone who has half an eye on European football will know Holland has a problem at the moment.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Shouty shouting still exists, some of it being banter, some of it rather less so as mentioned above.
It’s not banter though is it? banter is something you have with an opposing fan in the work place.
“banter” at the station, in an away town pub, near the ground etc will inevitably result in punches being thrown

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
It's making a big comeback post covid. People are feeling increasingly disenfranchised within society I think. The subculture is a natural balm to those feelings. Football factory is not a great film but the "Tottenham away" monologue does sum up a lot of people's state of mind.
I need to read that series of books again. One of them has a description of following England abroad, I think Spain 86 maybe, and from memory the protagonist gets on a train to escape the police and ends up travelling away from the city and other fans and football. Not an experience I ever had but something in the way that was described and the way it changes the perspective of the bloke even if only temporarily really stuck with me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports