[Football] Marseille fans are mental....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
@dwayne Wtf are you on about? You've properly twisted things there.
They're a bunch of nutters, criminals, wrong un's or whatever you want to call them. The gist is the same and I don't think anyone was 'actually' bringing 'real' mental health issues into the conversation. Turn of phrase and all that. More like herd mentality in this case.
I hope they have to get on the official coaches for the game. Ajax didn't & there was one minor scuffle at the train station that wasn't enough to fill The Argus front page. Less aggro than a match against Palace. AEK did have to get on the buses but I think they would've been fine to make their own way to the ground in all honesty.
This is the reason why I didn't buy tickets for the home match when they went on sale. Saw the arrangements for the AEK game & thought that's good. Saw arrangements for Ajax & thought at least their convoy isn't going to shut down half of Brighton. And have been looking for tickets to come up for the Marseille game, strangely enough I'm not going to bother now.
Disgusting behaviour from a load of dickheads. :mad:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
@dwayne Wtf are you on about? You've properly twisted things there.
They're a bunch of nutters, criminals, wrong un's or whatever you want to call them. The gist is the same and I don't think anyone was 'actually' bringing 'real' mental health issues into the conversation. Turn of phrase and all that. More like herd mentality in this case.
I hope they have to get on the official coaches for the game. Ajax didn't & there was one minor scuffle at the train station that wasn't enough to fill The Argus front page. Less aggro than a match against Palace. AEK did have to get on the buses but I think they would've been fine to make their own way to the ground in all honesty.
This is the reason why I didn't buy tickets for the home match when they went on sale. Saw the arrangements for the AEK game & thought that's good. Saw arrangements for Ajax & thought at least their convoy isn't going to shut down half of Brighton. And have been looking for tickets to come up for the Marseille game, strangely enough I'm not going to bother now.
Disgusting behaviour from a load of dickheads. :mad:
You do have a point, I may have to think twice about going with my daughter.
Sussex police will be sitting down right now, scratching their heads.
I can see a massive police presence in the ground if their fans are still allowed to come, students and a bit of tarpaulin will not keep that lot in check, if they win or lose.
possibly one of the worst nights at the Amex coming up, on what should be one of the best.
fingers crossed it goes off without too much trouble.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Please don’t let this put anybody from coming to the home fixture. Fear not we have a bunch of snotty nosed pre-pubesant knob heads who think they’re ard because they’ve got 7 pubes amongst them and the police stepping in means Ajax ran away.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I don't understand why for years British fans have been warned very specifically about Marseille fans, yet the attitude from authorities seems to be "ahh it's just the crazy Marseille lot, just don't go to this part of town, and by the way you have to get these specific buses for your own safety"

If a British club had fans like this they would have a multi-season European ban, complete with mandatory stadium closures etc...

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
You do have a point, I may have to think twice about going with my daughter.
Sussex police will be sitting down right now, scratching their heads.
I can see a massive police presence in the ground if their fans are still allowed to come, students and a bit of tarpaulin will not keep that lot in check, if they win or lose.
possibly one of the worst nights at the Amex coming up, on what should be one of the best.
fingers crossed it goes off without too much trouble.
It's one of those situations where if there's no trouble you're going to be gutted you missed it, but if there is trouble, thankful that you didn't go. A few STH I know didn't try to get tickets for Marseille away as they thought it would be a nightmare, but are now gutted. A good time was mostly had by all and the worst violence turned out to be one of our 'fans' headbutting another one of our fans in the stand.
I can 100% say I'm not going to attempt to buy tickets on the exchange unless they're going to be bussed in like the AEK fans were. When it turned out they had to be bussed in from the K&Q, I thought it was a bit overkill because as a whole, our fanbase is 'sensible'. We have a literal generational divide in our fanbase. Us old lot who've been there done that & realise it's stupid, and an upcoming group of youngsters who are wannabe football hooligans. (that's probably not just our fanbase to be fair).
I'm old, I want to go to a match without any grief with my Jnr who is old enough to go by himself (but I pay for the tickets so he has no choice:lolol: ). Seeing that lot on the train on Ronalds video made me want to say to Ronald to stop portraying that those our are general fanbase. No offence to the 'yoofs' but they need to calm down until their voices stop squeaking. I think I'm just getting old! 😂

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I don't understand why for years British fans have been warned very specifically about Marseille fans, yet the attitude from authorities seems to be "ahh it's just the crazy Marseille lot, just don't go to this part of town, and by the way you have to get these specific buses for your own safety"

If a British club had fans like this they would have a multi-season European ban, complete with mandatory stadium closures etc...

And massive club fines.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
Please don’t let this put anybody from coming to the home fixture. Fear not we have a bunch of snotty nosed pre-pubesant knob heads who think they’re ard because they’ve got 7 pubes amongst them and the police stepping in means Ajax ran away.
And I'm sure you'll be hiding behind them if any trouble does start

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s an odd reference but it’s Chamberlain pre-war, after abortive attempts to mollify Hitler over the Sudetenland. which he refers to as a "quarrel in a far away country, between people of whom we know nothing".
Apparently historical references are a challenge for the youngsters on here......and without sufficient contrition to do some research (wikipedia is our friend) they will give you nothing better back than what the Chameleons called 'snorting like horses'. I'll post the track at some point. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports