Mark Lawrenson/Pointless

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Lawrenson (at a similar age) or Dunk?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Legend, I must be 'of that age'. Saw him play in the 70's and he was in a different class. But it does upset me that he says little about his time with us.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
A club legend but a shame he didn't do his Pointless research. If you're going on you must bone up on countries, U.S. presidents and the periodic table.

Solomon Islands was clearly the way to go.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I count myself fortunate to have seen him play in an Albion shirt.

If I'd never heard him speak a single word, I don't think my life would be any the poorer.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"Mark, you have medals for winning the European Cup, the FA Cup, the League Cup three times, and the first division five times, what the listeners/viewers really want to know is was your sending off in the League Cup first round at Prenton Park whilst playing for Brighton in September 1980 justified?"

Don't forget the Beazer Homes league (Midlands) runners up 1990-91 with Corby Town.

He was the best player I have ever seen for the Albion, although Vicente runs him a close second.

Re.PNE, I believe his father played for the club as a winger, and he has/had family connections on the Board (father-in-law?) so it's hardly surprising they remain 'his' team. Doesn't he live in Southport? Not too far away from Deepdale.

PG

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Probably THE best ever. Maybe Vicente could run him close.

Different times, but I still would have Lawrenson head and shoulders above anybody else who has played for the Albion in the modern era.

He left us for arguably one of the best clubs in the world at that time, and went straight into that side.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As Clint Eastwood pointed out opinions are like @resholes etc etc but in MY humble opinion Mark Lawrenson remains the best I have seen in an Albion shirt.

His pundit style is not everyone's cup of tea......but what a player.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
He always had time and space. He rarely seemed to tackle because his reading of the game was so good. Lawrenson was the best Albion player I have ever seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here