Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Bright

Brighton Gull

Apr 14, 2011
Brighton
Be fair! If he does some coaching at Palace, they have to win or else he'd not be doing his job properly & then he'd lose it & then .........................Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Saw this on Twitter after our 3-0 win:
Kevin Hunter Day ‏@kevinhunterday 17 Mar

Blimey, I thought I was upset by that result, but I just bumped into Mark Bright at the BBC. He was so choked I nearly had to Heimlich him.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Is an A1 cretin !!!

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
"palace are the best attacking team in the division"

They have scored more goals at home than any other team BUT only Ipswich and Bristol City have scored fewer away goals! Also Watford have scored 85 goals to Palace's 73. So no, Mark Bright, Palace are not the best attacking team in the division.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember he played (and scored) in the ZDS cup against us, not sure if in the league?

I thought that was Ian Wright if you are talking about the evening game that we lost at the Goldstone to them

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I usually watch soccer Saturday, but I was flicking around and watched final score for a while. I missed the palace comments, but Bright was unwatchable, stupid comments, childish, made no sense, ridiculous smile, surely the BBC will not allow him near the playoffs due to his bias. I dont use twitter but cant somebody tell him what an idiot he is.
How on earth did the beautiful, full breasted Hattie from Eastenders marry that tool.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I usually watch soccer Saturday, but I was flicking around and watched final score for a while. I missed the palace comments, but Bright was unwatchable, stupid comments, childish, made no sense, ridiculous smile, surely the BBC will not allow him near the playoffs due to his bias. I dont use twitter but cant somebody tell him what an idiot he is.
How on earth did the beautiful, full breasted Hattie from Eastenders marry that tool.

I think it was [MENTION=26569]Leighgull[/MENTION] who pointed out that Mr. Bright AKA "Brighty" ( even his nickname is unimaginative and dull) is prepared to appear on national television wearing brown slip on loafers and blue socks in combination with slacks and a no - brand sweater. What more evidence of toolery do you need?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
They have scored more goals at home than any other team BUT only Ipswich and Bristol City have scored fewer away goals! Also Watford have scored 85 goals to Palace's 73. So no, Mark Bright, Palace are not the best attacking team in the division.

Using facts is cheating but no other team has failed to score more often than Palace this year (10 times in 21 games).

To be fair to Bright, statistics like that can be misleading. They're not that bad - only Derby, Leicester, Forest, Birmingham, Peterborough, Barnsley, Charlton, Watford, Bolton and ourselves have scored more than them in 2013 (21 games).

RAYONG TEL

May 5, 2013
My memory is they both scored and we lost 2-0. Long time ago though!

IMG_0041.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That tweet he did the other day about the crowds at Sheff Utd and Sheff Wed was pathetic, really stupid for someone who is supposed to be a neutral TV pundit. They are two proper clubs, one just has a few more fans. But the Blades could easily go up this year. He just comes over like a six-year-old.

He just doesn't make any pretence at being anything other than a partisan idiot in his professional work. I have had to cover Palace at Selhurst as a journalist and you just do it like any other game. As it happens, virtually every time I go there they play brilliantly and win and I have to eulogise about them. But that's manageable, and hopefully as with someone like Palace fan Neil Ashton covering Brighton (which he has done brilliantly in games like the Man City League Cup win), you should know stacks more about 'the other lot' than some reporter who usually does Premier League games.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Saw this on Twitter after our 3-0 win:
Kevin Hunter Day ‏@kevinhunterday 17 Mar

Blimey, I thought I was upset by that result, but I just bumped into Mark Bright at the BBC. He was so choked I nearly had to Heimlich him.

:lolol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just watched his latest useless contribution to Late Kick-Off. Marc Bircham was backing Watford - fair enough - as it seems to be based on some sense of reality but Bright was blathering as usual, as if Palace are by far the best team in the league. Bircham was laughing in his face when he said he thought Palace are favourites to win the whole thing.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This is going to sound very pedantic but I don't mean it to be; I do believe it will add weight to your assertion. You refer to him as a 'burk'. The correct spelling is 'berk'; a shortening of the word 'Berkshire' from the rhyming slang 'Berkshire Hunt'. No need to point out what the latter is rhyming with. :)

Berkeley Hunt, isn't it?

Dos this mean you should pronounce it 'BARK'?

Ask a cockney.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's by far the worst pundit on tv (even Andy Townsend is better) and that's before you take into account his totally biased analysis. Even Gary Neville manages to be impartial when commentating on Man Utd.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Mark Bright, he's a... Complete tosser

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here