Marijuana kills cancer cells, confirms US government.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Only if you don't think too much about it is it that easy. Let's play Legalise Cannabis.

Ok UK Parliament decriminalises cannabis unilaterally, in any quantity, for any use. What other checks and balances would you need to implement to make this work? What are the impacts on society, and other countries our trading partners and neighbours where it's still illegal? You get every pothead in Europe and beyond beating a path to the UK. How do you manage that? It's a massive massive proposition, no matter how innocuous the drug.

Not saying I don't think it should be proscribed (or prescribed) but let's hear from the pro lobby what the plan is. Simply saying 'tax it' don't cut it though.
I'm not sure the Dutch find the tourism a negative.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I'm not sure the Dutch find the tourism a negative.

Why are some places restricting sales to certain nationalities then?

Many brightonians benefit from people from London getting lagging in west street.

But my question is, what's the plan for this? If there isn't one and it's just tough luck if you aren't into armies of dickheads turning up like in Amsterdam, then we need to know.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
- Cannabis is currently unregulated - as a result it is becoming increasingly high in a chemical known as THC and low in another one called CBD, this change is believed to be the key factor in cannabis exacerbating mental health problems. Users don't currently have access to or a choice about these levels.

This is the one that really makes me laugh when you hear people who haven't got the first clue of what they are talking about blathering on pityfully about 'superskunk'

Stronger strains of cannabis are an unintended consequence of prohibition. It's actually an argument FOR legalisation and regulation.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
This is the one that really makes me laugh when you hear people who haven't got the first clue of what they are talking about blathering on pityfully about 'superskunk'

Stronger strains of cannabis are an unintended consequence of prohibition. It's actually an argument FOR legalisation and regulation.

It really makes me laugh when people don't understand that naturally the CBD and THC amount differs depending on the strain and how equatorial the plant is as well as how it's grown. Cannabis also comes in 3 forms, Indica, Sativa and ruderilla, all which can get you stoned in different ways, all with significance difference in strength. Not because of it being a 'super skunk'.
'Super skunk' is just one small indica strain of the cannabis family, there are many strains stronger. Depending on whether the plant receives the correct alumin, air flow and PH levels. There is no way anyone can claim Cannabis is not being grown any different in relation to what the plant would naturally be able to produce. The plant will just naturally die if it's conditions aren't matched to the specifics of the plants natural requirements. The cause of paranoia in the plant is actually argued. Many people believe that the noise and stress from the indoor equipment used to grow cannabis, creates a stressful life for the plant which will cause people to experience the plants paranoia when consumed.

If we had more research done into Cannabis, we'd all have a better understanding of it's dangers.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Many people believe that the noise and stress from the indoor equipment used to grow cannabis, creates a stressful life for the plant which will cause people to experience the plants paranoia when consumed.

After making that argument, it should be mandatory for the person to say maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan after it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes, agreed use for medicinal purposes.
No, to everyday casual use just to get high and thumbs down me as much as you like, DGAS.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Interestingly medicinal herbal cannabis is produced by the Dutch Government, and is available on prescription to patients throughout Europe. It's called Bedrocan.

http://www.bedrocan.nl/english/home.html.

Also, Cannabis is grown in the UK legally by GW Pharmaceuticals, to produce an oral spray called Sativex

http://www.gwpharm.com/sativex.aspx

The UK government and GW are in a bit of a pickle. They want to say that Sativex is legal and a medicine, but herbal cannabis is not. However what they don't want to admit is that Sativex is a whole plant extract. It's not synthetic, it's not an isolated compound from the plant. It's whole plant extract, i.e. it's cannabis.

The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs (ACMD) has recommended that Sativex be placed in schedule four of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 (MoDA). The chair, Professor Les Iversen, wrote to the Home Office on 14th January 2011 with this advice but nothing has been done. It is easy to understand why. As Professor Iversen wrote: "The ACMD is also aware that it will not be appropriate to refer to "Sativex", which is a proprietary name, in any amendment to the misuse of drugs regulations, and that a suitable description of the relevant component(s) of "Sativex" will have to be scheduled".

http://clear-uk.org/the-truth-about-sativex/

Therein lies the contradiction. The relevant components are, well, cannabis.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Here we go, another 'reason' to justify marijuana addicts usage.
Users lives end up being dictated by it's use, it takes control.

I've always related psychedelic drugs with personal perception.

When people start flipping out like raging lunatics on cannabis, that's their underlying ill mental health surfacing. Anyone blaming a plant for experiences in relation to Schizophrenia or anxiety issues must understand, cannabis is also raising your awareness of whatever illnesses you are, without knowing, dealing with hence why so many people believe it's medicinal.

Anyone who has suffered from panic attacks, symptoms of schizophrenia, paranoia etc would be very naive to go about their normal day assuming it was just the cannabis which triggered their psychological problems.

The biggest step in healing your problems, is being aware of them.

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It really makes me laugh when people don't understand that naturally the CBD and THC amount differs depending on the strain and how equatorial the plant is as well as how it's grown. Cannabis also comes in 3 forms, Indica, Sativa and ruderilla, all which can get you stoned in different ways, all with significance difference in strength. Not because of it being a 'super skunk'.
'Super skunk' is just one small indica strain of the cannabis family, there are many strains stronger. Depending on whether the plant receives the correct alumin, air flow and PH levels. There is no way anyone can claim Cannabis is not being grown any different in relation to what the plant would naturally be able to produce. The plant will just naturally die if it's conditions aren't matched to the specifics of the plants natural requirements. The cause of paranoia in the plant is actually argued. Many people believe that the noise and stress from the indoor equipment used to grow cannabis, creates a stressful life for the plant which will cause people to experience the plants paranoia when consumed.

If we had more research done into Cannabis, we'd all have a better understanding of it's dangers.

what the feck......just smoke it ffs or not..............ffs ...........do what ya whantyy..........id o .....:di do idooo
M

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I've always related psychedelic drugs with personal perception.

When people start flipping out like raging lunatics on cannabis, that's their underlying ill mental health surfacing. Anyone blaming a plant for experiences in relation to Schizophrenia or anxiety issues must understand, cannabis is also raising your awareness of whatever illnesses you are, without knowing, dealing with hence why so many people believe it's medicinal.

Anyone who has suffered from panic attacks, symptoms of schizophrenia, paranoia etc would be very naive to go about their normal day assuming it was just the cannabis which triggered their psychological problems.

The biggest step in healing your problems, is being aware of them.
there are some people who can
take psychotic expieriences and some who carnt .......you can get hooked on cigars....its up to you , dig a massive hole , jump in , and wait.....x

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The UK government and GW are in a bit of a pickle. They want to say that Sativex is legal and a medicine, but herbal cannabis is not. However what they don't want to admit is that Sativex is a whole plant extract. It's not synthetic, it's not an isolated compound from the plant. It's whole plant extract, i.e. it's cannabis.

the pickle isn't quite what is being portrayed. they are saying that its not appropriate to refer to Sativex as its a commercial name and they only want to have the generic compound name used. i'm not sure the source completely accurate anyway as schedule 4 lists the punishments for offenses, i'm pretty sure schedule 2, controlled drugs, is intended.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The cause of paranoia in the plant is actually argued. Many people believe that the noise and stress from the indoor equipment used to grow cannabis, creates a stressful life for the plant which will cause people to experience the plants paranoia when consumed.

Now that is high!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports