[Politics] Maria Caulfield, Lewes MP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I really like the look of the New Zealand electoral system, it's proportional but you also get a local mp.

You can look closer to home - pretty much the same system is used in Scotland, Wales and the London Assembly.

Funny how no-one creating a new institution from scratch thinks FPTP is a good idea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unusually, I find myself disagreeing with you. I loathe Farage, Robinson, Fransen and all the other populist headbangers but if people vote for them in sufficient numbers then it should be reflected in seats in parliament.

As an old Liberal I don't see how I can think anything else.

I'm not a liberal. No, sir. :rolleyes:

The day I hand over access to a metaphorical knife to someone who would gladly stab me is the day I wheeze my last breath.

:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 22389

She is a bank nurse who works when called upon, so not full time. I wonder what the Royal College of Nursing makes of her Twitter conduct?

I couldn't really care what she says on twitter. Just putting herself forward regardless of Nursing status was a great thing to do in my book. That's what people will think about first.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I couldn't really care what she says on twitter. Just putting herself forward regardless of Nursing status was a great thing to do in my book, and that's what people think about first.

You may not care, but nurses have to abide by certain codes of conduct. The RCN may care very much.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was it not a good thing she did?
Yes you are absolutely correct sir.

Servants of the electorate who use doctored far right propaganda to attack an opposition MP because they don't like him asking difficult questions...

.. can also be nurses too.

If that's not depressing enough, there are people around to defend them.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
At least she put herself forward to go and work back in the NHS, good on her and thank you very much. She should be congratulated.

I emailed her last week and got a prompt response, I also thanked her for her work within the NHS , flakey LD's not required in Lewes
Regards
DF

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
sour grapes at Best ,after storming Norman got the boot the Lewes right ons /lentil lovers have had to fall in line with Democracy,thinks she's doing a good job personally along with her nursing role
regards
DF

You are the extreme right wing, anti Brighton and Hove Albion Nasty Lewes MP Maria Caulfield and I claim my £5

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Rathbone was one of the last of the old school Tories. Norman B love him or loathe him worked hard for constituents and their issues. Not sure about Caulfield but she has done some good in the district and I take my hat off to her for going back nursing.

Jan 30, 2008
Rathbone was one of the last of the old school Tories. Norman B love him or loathe him worked hard for constituents and their issues. Not sure about Caulfield but she has done some good in the district and I take my hat off to her for going back nursing.

She secured Government funding for a second crossing over the river cuckmere ,although some preliminary surveys have been completed no idea when the work will start
Regards
DF

Last edited:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I like her, had a nice chat with her and her husband at the Lewes raft race year before last.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports