Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcus Rashford

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You only say that because you supported him.

We'll never know for sure but evidence suggests corbyn would've been worse. Look at the mess he was in just trying to appoint a shadow cabinet.
Corbyn proved to be a much worse party leader - labour was hugely divided for his entire time as leader.
Corbyn is a backbench MP, protest party rabble rouser who got the leadership through a quirk of the voting system.

And that's before you get to his policies that the majority don't want.

Corbyn is history :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It really is. And some on here, Tory MPs and the usual moronic trolls on Twitter should take a long hard look at themselves. He is the best of us and I have nothing but contempt for those who choose to attack him rather than support him.

This.

Mix 'tory till I die' with 'hate Manu' plus some 'old school' racism and there you are. Sadly these fools have no shame. :shrug:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Corbyn is history :shrug:

Cause and effect.

Plenty of people are constantly questioning how this government got a majority, how Boris is PM. Calling everyone who voted conservative idiots, selfish etc.

Corbyn is the answer to that question. If Labour had elected a half likable centrist leader with some remotely sensible policies then we'd have a Labour government now.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Cause and effect.

Plenty of people are constantly questioning how this government got a majority, how Boris is PM. Calling everyone who voted conservative idiots, selfish etc.

Corbyn is the answer to that question. If Labour had elected a half likable centrist leader with some remotely sensible policies then we'd have a Labour government now.

I just don't think being centrist is the easy quick fix, I did a lot of door step canvassing for Labour in Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Colne Valley when I was at university at the last election. The issues on the door step were Corbyn being 'linked to the IRA' and Brexit. Brexit resoundingly, Johnson and Tories capitalised on that as people who never voted tory in their lives voted for them to get Brexit done and policy went out of the window. You can partly blame this on Corbyn's reputation but also the more centrist elements from within the party pushing the Second Referendum policies.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
In terms of the school meals - for someone (me) who has not been following this story - is the argument that those who previously got free school meals in England should be given the equivalent of free school meals in the non-school times?

How does that work in practice? Who provides the meals? Not sure I understand how the system would work if the schools are shut? I thought it was a "voucher", but wouldn't that mean that parents have to get them to a place that would serve the meal - and then possibly pay for a meal for themselves? Is there a different way it works?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In terms of the school meals - for someone (me) who has not been following this story - is the argument that those who previously got free school meals in England should be given the equivalent of free school meals in the non-school times?

How does that work in practice? Who provides the meals? Not sure I understand how the system would work if the schools are shut? I thought it was a "voucher", but wouldn't that mean that parents have to get them to a place that would serve the meal - and then possibly pay for a meal for themselves? Is there a different way it works?

Even before the pandemic, certain local authorities have been offering free school meals to parents through school hubs, generally schools that maintain holiday clubs outside of term time. So in many cases if would be going into a school (might not be your child's normal school) and qualifying for a meal each day. During lockdown some schools were able to offer delivery of a school lunch. A friend of mine who is a head would deliver school meals and check on his pupils at the same time. The alternative was vouchers, the drawback being you've got not control over the nutritional value or what they're being used against.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Worth clicking on.

[tweet]1319590081544466432[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just don't think being centrist is the easy quick fix, I did a lot of door step canvassing for Labour in Huddersfield, Dewsbury and Colne Valley when I was at university at the last election. The issues on the door step were Corbyn being 'linked to the IRA' and Brexit. Brexit resoundingly, Johnson and Tories capitalised on that as people who never voted tory in their lives voted for them to get Brexit done and policy went out of the window. You can partly blame this on Corbyn's reputation but also the more centrist elements from within the party pushing the Second Referendum policies.

I know we are wandering off topic here, and I understand your points, but as a centrist who steadfastly refused to say 'Because I was on the wrong side in the referendum I now think we must Get Brexit Done - at any cost', I feel proud of my stance. I haven't gone on any marches, and the most I've done about Brexit since the referendum is shake my head sadly (and emote endlessly on NSC) but I'm buggered if I'm changing my spots so that thicky northern gammon might like me more, and neither should anyone else in labour. Brexit is a tory problem now (if it wasn't before, and always) and labour shoud keep well out of it. Invoking failure to back Brexit at any cost, as an alternative to blaming Corbyn, for labour's electoral failure is delusional. I'm not and will never 'back' Brexit. I 'lost', but I ain't changing sides as a consequence. You may as well say that because the tories won the last general election then we should all join their party and support their agenda. No thanks.

And being a centrist is certainly a fix for the labour party, now, in the minds of the all important swing voter. Corbyn was not centrist nor a Remain campaigner; he was a Bennite Euroskeptic who failed to offer anything to the Brexit debate (he certainly did not 'fight' against the Brexit 'process'); he also never shook off the stink from his historical displays of comradeship with anti-Israel Islamist antisemites, and with the Irish republican bombers. What more do you need to account for a lack of suppport?

Labour absolutely did not lose the last election primarily because centrist labour MPs were 'pushing' for a second referendum. I pay attention but I can't name one of these folk off the top of my head. I just looked them up and most of them buggered off out of labour long before the last general election, and formed a failure of a party to 'oppose' Brexit ("The group was founded by MPs Luciana Berger, Ann Coffey, Mike Gapes, Chris Leslie, Gavin Shuker, Angela Smith and Chuka Umunna, who simultaneously announced their resignations from the Labour Party on 18 February 2019"). If you think that lot leaving the labour party is why labour lost the general election you need to give your head a wobble. It's time that lazy trope of Corbyn-supporting Labour party members was flushed away. The greatest PM the UK never had was John Smith, not Jeremy Corbyn. Let it go! :lolol: :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Yeah £12 billion to your mates so they can biblically **** up track and trace. You’re ******* yourself stupid over Rashord pointing out that kids go hungry but haven’t called out the utter cretins who are robbing the tax payer. Just to remind you just in case, you missed it. That’s Boris and his cronies.
Oh, before you come up with the normally ‘typical lefty bollocks’. I’ve never voted labour and hold corbyn in as much contempt as I do Boris.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So you voted for Swinson and her ample friends then?

So how has Boris affected you? Public school education maybe???

But the shed out billions for the pile of shit HS2 rail and for other things.

Its good that a footballer has raised the issues as he is high profile, if it was a nobody like you or myself then there wouldn't be any publicity.

This government has been shit the for last 10 years and yet after Brexit I fear it will be worse.

All those unnecessary cuts over the years since 2010 yet we are more in debt and why, the money has probably gone back to the fat cat donators or to the useless Eton educated MP's who only care about there bank balance.

I am not a big believer in HS2, I think we should let the North do their thing, perhaps Burnham could build a wall. In fact I would go a step further and just fence out all the lefties and let them scream at one another until they realised that working together in a pandemic is the only way to get back to normal.

Then we could let them in give them a hot chocolate and send them to bed, I would probably plant a gentle kiss upon their foreheads and give them a hot water bottle, bless them.

If the government had not made those cuts, where would we be now?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have made the decision that my cafe will offer school age children, accompanied by an adult, a free child’s meal next week.
I’ve been moaning about this government’s disgraceful response to Markus Rashfords initiative, and it would be hypocritical of me not to do what I could.

I hope none of the kids get dependent on it.

Any Tory MP visiting my cafe however, will have a £100 standing charge.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have made the decision that my cafe will offer school age children, accompanied by an adult, a free child’s meal next week.
I’ve been moaning about this government’s disgraceful response to Markus Rashfords initiative, and it would be hypocritical of me not to do what I could.

I caught the tail end of a conversation on 5Live today with the owner of an Indian restaurant and he said during half term and the Christmas holidays he will be giving free meals to schoolkids aged 5-16 if they are hungry and if they come between 12 and 5... The interviewer asked him if he was worried that some people might try and take advantage of his generosity ? the reply was incredibly moving , he said " If people who are not genuine take advantage they will have to live with their conscience and the probability of bad Karma, I cannot stand by and do nothing as I will receive bad Karma for not doing what I can to support these children "... I was rather moved, and I am moved again by your pledge, it seems despite some politicians best efforts, there is still such a thing as " Society ", we still have hope.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
FC45A1A2-0E60-43F3-9E0C-9EB19C4C4791.jpeg

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION],I hope it’s okay to post this.

If not, please feel free to remove it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1319688572564312066[/TWEET]

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
So you voted for Swinson and her ample friends then?

So how has Boris affected you? Public school education maybe???

No. I spoilt my card.

Not sure what your point is about public school education. However, as I row I know a number of people who had fee paying education and who pay for there kids education. They are without fault very pleasant and I count a number of them as friends.
I have met also met a few who are absolute ********s and Boris would feel at home with them.
However, that’s not my issue with Boris. He’s an opportunist shit who would sell this country down the river if it suited him. The fact that you support him and would kiss his arse at any opportunity regardless of his ****wittery speaks volumes.

D

Deleted member 2719

No. I spoilt my card.

Not sure what your point is about public school education. However, as I row I know a number of people who had fee paying education and who pay for there kids education. They are without fault very pleasant and I count a number of them as friends.
I have met also met a few who are absolute ********s and Boris would feel at home with them.
However, that’s not my issue with Boris. He’s an opportunist shit who would sell this country down the river if it suited him. The fact that you support him and would kiss his arse at any opportunity regardless of his ****wittery speaks volumes.

It always appears to come across as sour grapes from anti Etonians, you need to get your head down and look for opportunity, and in the current climate I would suggest people learn this skill!

If there is an opportunity, you would be stupid not to want to grab it. Brexit will be all about opportunity, so we have the right man in the right place at present IMO.

Who would you like to see lead the country?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It always appears to come across as sour grapes from anti Etonians, you need to get your head down and look for opportunity, and in the current climate I would suggest people learn this skill!

If there is an opportunity, you would be stupid not to want to grab it. Brexit will be all about opportunity, so we have the right man in the right place at present IMO.

Who would you like to see lead the country?

Certainly not Boris as he couldn’t lead a bunch of alcoholics into a pub.

I don’t need to get my head down as arguably I’ve been busier now than for the last few years. Brexit will bring opportunity(Boris and his cronies have certainly been taking advantage) but for a significant number of people it will bring hardship for which they have no control over.
Saying people need to learn this skill is pretty offensive to be honest. Boris certainly doesn’t have it, he is a disrupter who feeds on the carnage that he leaves in his wake, trump is similar. He’s a bumbling idiot which he shows every time he opens his mouth. The sooner he joins corbyn in obscurity the better.

With Brexit it’s not about the party, just someone who can negotiate a hard bargain. The present cabinet is shocking so not exactly spoilt for choice, Sunak is the pick of a very bad bunch. Starmer would be my choice for his legal background if nothing else. He’s centre enough not to make me nervous and the added bonus is that he’s not a **** like Boris.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I caught the tail end of a conversation on 5Live today with the owner of an Indian restaurant and he said during half term and the Christmas holidays he will be giving free meals to schoolkids aged 5-16 if they are hungry and if they come between 12 and 5... The interviewer asked him if he was worried that some people might try and take advantage of his generosity ? the reply was incredibly moving , he said " If people who are not genuine take advantage they will have to live with their conscience and the probability of bad Karma, I cannot stand by and do nothing as I will receive bad Karma for not doing what I can to support these children "... I was rather moved, and I am moved again by your pledge, it seems despite some politicians best efforts, there is still such a thing as " Society ", we still have hope.

Well said. :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. I spoilt my card.

I admire your stamina, attempting to pursue a conversation with mouldy brains. You may as well talk to the cat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here