Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcus Rashford

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Let me get this right
Marcus Rashford used his fame to highlight the need to subsidise children's free meals in school holidays ensuring ALL children could benefit from a decent hot meal once a day. In doing so, in some posters opinion, has undermined parental responsibilities & his good actions are twisted into a political attack against the present government.

Heaven help us all if a young man from a poor background, now famous & successful, cannot try to canvass the government in implementing a policy to help the poor & needy without the accusations of trying to be politically motivated.

Sad times IMHO

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Kids don’t choose to be born, they don’t choose their parents, they can’t tell their parents what to spend their money on. They can’t vote, they are dependent. It is sad if the above happens, but it’s not the kid’s fault.

A school meal is the way the state can ensure a child has a hot nutritious meal in their stomach without money going to the parents to squander. The proposal is simply to extend school meals for 1 week half term, 2.5 weeks over Xmas, 1 week half term, then 2 weeks Easter to get through the pandemic. It isn’t a huge change to any policy it just extends providing meals beyond term time and has happened before.

You do have to wonder what the reasons could possibly be, not to do the bleedin' obvious.

I have to admit, I really don't want to consider what those reasons are, because as a normal human being, I'm struggling :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You’re not going to get many friends on internet message boards with this sort of view. You aren’t allowed to have your views yet understand why the other side have their views that you can respect yet disagree with. Everyone you disagree with must be morons and you must have links to tweets to prove your point otherwise them likes ain’t coming your way.

Righties are nazi’s, lefties are snowflakes, if you voted for one candidate you therefore agree with every single thing they do, etc....

I am very centrist so neither left wing nor right wing, yet on this thread I have posted a tweet from Nigel Farage & pointed out a local Tory MP voted against the government, so your theory about this message board is completely wrong.

D

Deleted member 2719

Very true.

They're called The Conservative Party and they are currently raping the public purse to the tune of billions in contracts handed out to their friends and donors for the square root of **** all.

You should be angry. It's our money/debt and it's thousands of times more money than that which could keep poor kids fed properly.
Do you have any cast iron proof of this?

Kids don’t choose to be born, they don’t choose their parents, they can’t tell their parents what to spend their money on. They can’t vote, they are dependent. It is sad if the above happens, but it’s not the kid’s fault.

A school meal is the way the state can ensure a child has a hot nutritious meal in their stomach without money going to the parents to squander. The proposal is simply to extend school meals for 1 week half term, 2.5 weeks over Xmas, 1 week half term, then 2 weeks Easter to get through the pandemic. It isn’t a huge change to any policy it just extends providing meals beyond term time and has happened before.
I agree with most of what you are saying.
But how do you propose that these meals are issued out?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
**** sake nothing to be embarrassed about - it’s not us making the shit decisions and happens in all countries. Granted our political system is more corrupt than others. Proud to be English, proud of the English and England football Marcus Rashford. And ashamed of the idiots who have shot down the bill rashford was backing.

Does not have to be anti English or Political to make a point - but then this is NSC and that’s the norm for many :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I am very centrist so neither left wing nor right wing, yet on this thread I have posted a tweet from Nigel Farage & pointed out a local Tory MP voted against the government, so your theory about this message board is completely wrong.

I’m the same - I don’t feel the need to declare myself any ‘wing’ - I’d rather just say an opinion on something and take each situation as I find it than feel the need to agree with a whole set of opinions! Surely that’s just sheep following...?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting that all but one of the ****s sneering at Rashford on this thread I already had on ignore. NSC would be much more readable if the nasty thick morons would just stick with grubbing around in the bear pit. Very heartening to read so many nice sensible comments from the rest of you posting, however.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Let me get this right
Marcus Rashford used his fame to highlight the need to subsidise children's free meals in school holidays ensuring ALL children could benefit from a decent hot meal once a day. In doing so, in some posters opinion, has undermined parental responsibilities & his good actions are twisted into a political attack against the present government.

Heaven help us all if a young man from a poor background, now famous & successful, cannot try to canvass the government in implementing a policy to help the poor & needy without the accusations of trying to be politically motivated.

Sad times IMHO

Sadly the actual vote was politically motivated, virtually every Labour, SNP, and Plaid Cymru MP voted for supporting our children, a solid blue wall of Tories voted against. A bare few Tories actually voted For, I noticed that my MP, Tim Loughton, ex Children's minister did not vote, at least he showed a small level of remorse, about time.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I’m the same - I don’t feel the need to declare myself any ‘wing’ - I’d rather just say an opinion on something and take each situation as I find it than feel the need to agree with a whole set of opinions! Surely that’s just sheep following...?!
I'm exactly the same. But it's funny that by being a centrist and just dealing with facts, I always get accused of being "left wing" or a Labour supporter. I think this says a lot about the people who write such stuff....

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South

I wasn’t referring to you or specifically this message board. It was a generalized statement about internet message boards/social media. There’s hard data that the internet is actually making people more narrow in their views and not open or empathetic to opposing views. It’s also increasing suicides in young people, at least in the US. You can read several posts in this very thread to see my “theory” isn’t completely wrong (remainers are all morons, etc.).

I didn’t even think my post was controversial. Oh well, maybe that part was wrong from me. But since I’m new here (relatively), I’ve spent the past few months and I’ve scrolled back to 2017 to get to know people and I enjoy your posts, so I’ll bow out of this argumentative thread over politics I don’t fully understand and leave it at that. I don’t want to get into an argument with anybody on here, esp someone I know I respect. I just liked he understood other people come from other school of thoughts.

Rashford seems like an excellent representative of the game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Tories have tripled the National Debt. £12 billion given to Serco for a failed Track and Trace app, when the Irish offered us their version free of charge, which we turned down.

Let's be clear about one thing: no one has spent £12bn on an app regardless of what anti-government shit you have regurgitated that from.

Under the £12bn contract you refer to, Serco are managing a large number of the fixed and mobile testing sites, and they also operate some of the tracing call centres.

Serco have absolutely nothing to do with the NHS Covid app for iOS and Android - presumably the "Track and Trace app" you refer to. The app was developed by NHS and NHSx (the technology/innovation wing of the NHS) with some inputs from other organisations, none of which are Serco.

Don't get me wrong, I'm neither defending whatever process (or lack of) that led to Serco's appointment to do what they are doing, and neither am I defending how they are performing (or not) at what they do. But it doesn't help anyone to make up stuff like "We paid Serco £12bn to develop an app".

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sadly the actual vote was politically motivated, virtually every Labour, SNP, and Plaid Cymru MP voted for supporting our children, a solid blue wall of Tories voted against. A bare few Tories actually voted For, I noticed that my MP, Tim Loughton, ex Children's minister did not vote, at least he showed a small level of remorse, about time.

Agree, but i find the fact people imagine Rashford actions were politically motivated when its clear they are not hard to comprehend.....:blush:

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
also, how much do people think Child Benefit is?

I have a kid and get £82 a month. Fortunately we have an "alright" income, but if we were both on UC that £82 is going to do absolutely jack sh1t

Good grief. I didn't know

You've convinced me. There's few things better for society than making sure every single child has a good quality meal

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agree, but i find the fact people imagine Rashford actions were politically motivated when its clear they are not hard to comprehend.....:blush:

The response was totally political, a bare handful of Tories found a conscience. Marcus Rashford's actions are merely motivated by a social conscience, we need more people like him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Let's be clear about one thing: no one has spent £12bn on an app regardless of what anti-government shit you have regurgitated that from.

Under the £12bn contract you refer to, Serco are managing a large number of the fixed and mobile testing sites, and they also operate some of the tracing call centres.

Serco have absolutely nothing to do with the NHS Covid app for iOS and Android - presumably the "Track and Trace app" you refer to. The app was developed by NHS and NHSx (the technology/innovation wing of the NHS) with some inputs from other organisations, none of which are Serco.

Don't get me wrong, I'm neither defending whatever process (or lack of) that led to Serco's appointment to do what they are doing, and neither am I defending how they are performing (or not) at what they do. But it doesn't help anyone to make up stuff like "We paid Serco £12bn to develop an app".

Sorry, that all sounds a bit gggggrrrrrrrr.

I just really dislike this Chinese whispers-like made-up nonsense that dilutes rational discourse and debate. It pervades so much of our discussion now, with people quick to jump on facts that are not close to being true.

There's plenty to critique this government on without making stuff up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here