Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcus Rashford

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
:lolol:
It has confused a lot of the right wingers.

Week 1, support a fascist seeking re-election in the USA
Week 2, go a mission to sell get rich quick schemes
Week 3, Marcus Rashfords best friend

I'm confused as well

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Dude, this thread clearly isn't specifically about his on-field abilities, but his off-field work. It's literally the first post.

His off-field work descended rather quickly into a political free-for-all.

It seems footballer/off-field work/politics all roll into one, when it suits the narrative.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
His off-field work descended rather quickly into a political free-for-all.

It seems footballer/off-field work/politics all roll into one, when it suits the narrative.

It didn't descend into anything. Read the very first post on the thread to see whether it is something that would upset you and try being a little less of a snowflake.

In fact here is the very first post

Is there an opposition player you've admired more than this guy?

Absolute class, on and off the pitch as demonstrated yesterday. World class finish for Man Utd to win them the game, but his heart is with more important things. I'm just sorry to see his campaign flounder at the hands of this incompetent, corrupt government and I hope he continues the good fight.

In case you're unaware, the fact is that the corrupt, incompetent party running the country voted down an amendment not to make school meals, free. Quite happy to give £12 BILLION to a company run by Tory donors (rather than opening it to tender) to build this shit track and trace app despite having no experience in the field, or £1 BILLION to Northern Irish bigots purely to prop up their majority, but a few million to ensure no school kid starves in this pandemic, and apparently they're not made of money.

This government makes me feel embarrassed and ashamed to be English.

Always here to help :thumbsup:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Good for him, it's exposing the selfish under current in society quite nicely. If a poor child getting a hot meal at school as opposed to going hungry upsets you, odds are you're a :wanker:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Credit where credit is due. Five Tory MPs voted against the motion, with Caroline Ansell (Eastbourne) resigning her government position.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-tory-mp-quits-caroline-ansell-b1221496.html

"Mims" didn't, but of course she sends her children to private school...

s465_mims-davies.png

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

That's neither bollocks or has anything to do with Marcus Rashford or free school meals.

Size of debt, is not the same as ability to pay debt or deficit. (The difference between output and income) trump owes at least 400 milion and he's not bankrupt, you could be bankrupt (inability to meet obligations) owing 20 grand.

You can double the debt no problem if you can increase ecomonic output or reduce expenditure.

I'm out as this is bear pit, circle jerk, done 4 million times before stuff.

Government were wrong (and I would t be surprised if they backtrack) and Rashford is a decent fella.

D

Deleted member 2719

Those poor MPs getting subsidised meals at Westminster. I'm sure Rishi will look after them too.

[tweet]1319206120993546240[/tweet]

Look I love football to death. However, pound for pound those MPs deserve every bit of it particular with what they are having to deal with via social media clueless twits.

Footballers basically have got it easier than anyone. Look at Lineker the most boring TV Personality ever, they need to chop the bloke and put Gary Hart in instead.

He voted to against free school meals...……..
I know but it doesn't mean he will let anyone starve, he can't just go shelling out millions because some high profile football demands it all of the time.

It’s already happening. Find any teacher in a poor area and they’ll have stories to tell

Ps - http://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1319246658966880256

About time too, I wonder if he will screenshot the amount he is actually giving?

The thing is we all hear stories, I have heard many who take the p&SS when claiming, spending hundreds on Fags and booze and satellite TV, then they claim they can't feed poor Tommy while they are stuffing themselves with their fourth Pizza from Domino's.

Believe you me some people are really trying to take the taxpayer to the cleaners at the moment, unnessarily.

But I will say Rishi will watch this space and adapt if needed like the government has all the way.
While captain hindsight and potty-mouthed Rayner, just keep hitting copy and paste.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The thing is we all hear stories, I have heard many who take the p&SS when claiming, spending hundreds on Fags and booze and satellite TV, then they claim they can't feed poor Tommy while they are stuffing themselves with their fourth Pizza from Domino's.

Believe you me some people are really trying to take the taxpayer to the cleaners at the moment, unnessarily.

Does someone want quote me to tell Mouldy (because apparently I'm on ignore - I know he'll peek) that if he hangs out with the same type of people in real life, that he hangs out with on NSC, it's hardly a f***ing surprise that he hears 'these stories' :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Does someone want to tell Mouldy (because apparently I'm on ignore !) that if he hangs out with the same type of people in real life, that he hangs out with on NSC, it's hardly a f***ing surprise that he hears 'these stories' [emoji38]ol:
It's beyond belief isn't it. Like a Daily Mail, lie regurgitating bot.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Very true.

They're called The Conservative Party and they are currently raping the public purse to the tune of billions in contracts handed out to their friends and donors for the square root of **** all.

You should be angry. It's our money/debt and it's thousands of times more money than that which could keep poor kids fed properly.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Politics, unnecessary?

You'll be a Tory then. Someone who voted this shower in, but doesn't want to acknowledge the truth about them.
There's a lot of them out there, like Trump supporters, quite, little brother.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I glazed over it on my Twitter feed last night, so I apologize if wrong.

But others were rallying against a Tory MP, who thinly veiled a dig a MR by demanding more parental responsibility.

Without even a hint of irony.

I certainly didn't have the energy to delve further into whether or not a sitting MP took against Rashford but much like any Fake News story from across the pond, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Still rumbling on:-

[tweet]1318972953447616512[/tweet]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boris_Johnson

Children At least 6[a]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Kids don’t choose to be born, they don’t choose their parents, they can’t tell their parents what to spend their money on. They can’t vote, they are dependent. It is sad if the above happens, but it’s not the kid’s fault.

A school meal is the way the state can ensure a child has a hot nutritious meal in their stomach without money going to the parents to squander. The proposal is simply to extend school meals for 1 week half term, 2.5 weeks over Xmas, 1 week half term, then 2 weeks Easter to get through the pandemic. It isn’t a huge change to any policy it just extends providing meals beyond term time and has happened before.

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Look I'm centrist and economically I honestly believe lower tax economies (inc corporation tax) are proven to add the most amount into the treasury after all associated taxation like VAT is added and what that does for business and employment. No ideology personally other than what system brings in the highest yield into the treasury for spending on social justice programs.

But you cant say that is is a monopoly fiscal position, or even a majority political opinion - most left or liberal parties will believe in a more centralised form of government and a higher tax economy with things like keynsian economics - its a different school of thought entirely. Many will argue for it, you cant state your own world view as definitive - I would personally argue against high corporation taxes or any ideological tax where the their is a negative net benefit to the treasury.

But there is a balance in the middle between sensible regulation and government involvement versus too much or too little of either. Which is often where the 2 main political parties sit imho.

You’re not going to get many friends on internet message boards with this sort of view. You aren’t allowed to have your views yet understand why the other side have their views that you can respect yet disagree with. Everyone you disagree with must be morons and you must have links to tweets to prove your point otherwise them likes ain’t coming your way.

Righties are nazi’s, lefties are snowflakes, if you voted for one candidate you therefore agree with every single thing they do, etc....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here