Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marcos Painter recalled from Bournemouth loan

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Guess with Bruno going off injured against Barnsley, Calderon will fill in at right back and we will see Painter start on Sunday if Bridge is not fit.

Doesnt fill me with confidence.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Why can we never have a full strength team for Palace **** sake, it's a pisstake.

Jimmy Grimble

Why does it. He is a left back. We need a left back on the bench. It makes SENSE.

If we didn't call him back and had to play a midfielder there then everyone would say "why didn't we call Painter back? At least he is a left back".

This. As well as the fact he really isn't as bad as many of the divs on here make out. He's an average to decent Championship defender. Played 3 games for us this season and been reliable each time. He's no Bridge but we really can't expect to have a much better back-up player.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Why can we never have a full strength team for Palace **** sake, it's a pisstake.

It's like before every world cup, you can guarantee at least 3 of England's "star names" will break their metatarsals. Gets right on my swede.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Did well for us this season, so not the nightmare the hysterical look to make of it. I imagine he'll be on the bench too, so if anyone else got injured i would rather we have some sort of back-up than shove another midfielder in the backline and hope for the best.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hopefully it's just for the bench as Bruno will be out for a couple of weeks. If Bridge is injured I sincerely hope Gus isn't planning on starting him.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I understand that Painter has played very poorly for the Cherries. God help us on Sunday if, as it would seem, we have to rely on him at left back.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I understand that Painter has played very poorly for the Cherries. God help us on Sunday if, as it would seem, we have to rely on him at left back.
put calderon at left back and lopez at right back and leave painter as far away from the team as possible because hes crap and never fit

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I have nothing but respect for the bloke, after the job he did for us in the promotion campaign.

But, sadly, If he's our starting left back on Sunday against Zaha then it could be quite embarrassing. Maybe being outside the country isn't as bad as i first thought......

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sounds like Bridge certainly out then and Bruno I suspect. I would definetely play Lopez RB and Calde LB and hope that Painter is just cover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here