Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] March

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Albion Analytics put the stats up to show how much each player uses either foot to pass with, Alzate, Propper and Bissouma are more or less as one footed as March, but it's the right foot so it's OK.

It's more important to be two footed as a wide player, otherwise a full back can just show you onto your weaker foot, which happens a lot with March. Again, I am not saying that he's a bad player.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
You must’ve been waiting a long while to moan about March ehh?

I havent been waiting to moan about March.. Could have been anyone. At time I was wondering if would get another chance i was so pleased we got a corner let alone 2. I stand by what I said When you have 3 big players around penalty spot there is no excuse for a PL player to misdirect like that. We played so well in 2nd half and that really p....d me off

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He's had a good season and been our most consistent player.

He's got all the attributes of a very good footballer at this level except for one - I'm convinced there's a potato where his brain should be!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Robben is a great example because he is notoriously one footed, defenders knew what he was going to do every time yet they still couldn't stop him. Unless I am watching a different game, that doesn't happen with March...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's had a good season and been our most consistent player.

He's got all the attributes of a very good footballer at this level except for one - I'm convinced there's a potato where his brain should be!

:lolol::lolol:

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry but no b....y excuse. Professional footballer. 2 corners in last five minutes One not past first defender and next one out of play.

FFS we just lost to Man City 1-0

I bet you're a barrel of laughs down the pub afterwards.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It's more important to be two footed as a wide player, otherwise a full back can just show you onto your weaker foot, which happens a lot with March. Again, I am not saying that he's a bad player.
It’s a shame March can’t learn to show the opposition wide players onto their weaker foot.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Those two corners were shite but, Solly has grown in confidence and has become a leader on the pitch for us. When players these days are drafted in from every corner of the World to play in the Prem, I'm extremely proud of this Sussex lad that matches most for ability and goes beyond for temperament and effort.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Horrendous cameo.

He knows it was horrendous.

He also knows he will be about 4th on the team sheet for Leeds and most other games this season.

Absolutely tonnes of credit in the bank

I actually don't think we should make substitutions, they're never any good. Better off giving the players the full 90, then playing different players the following week

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Those two corners were shite but, Solly has grown in confidence and has become a leader on the pitch for us. When players these days are drafted in from every corner of the World to play in the Prem, I'm extremely proud of this Sussex lad that matches most for ability and goes beyond for temperament and effort.

My thoughts exactly.

So proud of any Sussex lad making it as an Albion first teamer, particularly in the top flight.

My first Albion team had Brighton lads Steve Piper (RIP) and Tony Towner in it. I loved that.

we should have different corner takers for the left and right. March should ONLY take from the right so he can use his left fott to curl the ball INTO play and bend back towards the goal!. We need a replacement for Gross who is probably our best corner taker.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Horrendous cameo.

He knows it was horrendous.

He also knows he will be about 4th on the team sheet for Leeds and most other games this season.

Absolutely tonnes of credit in the bank

I actually don't think we should make substitutions, they're never any good. Better off giving the players the full 90, then playing different players the following week

You are Mr Potter and I claim my prize.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He’s been great this year so I’m not sure I’d want to single him out.

That said I always find poor set piece delivery of pro players amazing! If I was a pro earning 5-10k+ a day to kick a ball, I’d get my mate, a youth player, coach etc. to sort the balls quickly..... stick someone in goal some of the time, and just spend half an hour every day taking corners and free kicks. I see 7 year olds who can consistently put the ball where it should be with pace and the right kind of height, whip, dip etc.

Set pieces inheritantly come with some consistency anyway as the ball is still and opponents have to be 10 yards away (generally). Should be simple and can be the margin that wins points.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

I'll have what he's smoking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here