Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March For England cancel Brighton event

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What ive ALWAYS said Westdene, is....no violent, fascist, racists in the city. Then there will be no opposition. Violent or otherwise. For the people who would like you to believe that these are just people who 'love England', i believe, are either extremely naive, or apologists..They come for a fight. Nothing more. Nothing less.
The first march involved 'just' homophobic, and racist chants. Only an idiot would think that there would be no opposition the following year.
Ive no problem with people celebrating St Georges day. It was celebrated all over Sussex, and England. The only difference was that these events were not populated by violent, known fascists, intent on street violence, and strangely, none of them were opposed by anti fascists. Weird eh?

Just admit Dave.....you like a tear up!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not at all. Nothing like a rightwing drama queen.
You asked if I would ' support violence just as long as you support the cause'.
I gave you an obvious comparison of somebody supporting violence as you support the cause.
You forgot to tell me how many St Georges day events in 2014 were disrupted by anti fascists, and if not, how could that be possible?

You still do a good job of not condemning violence !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Just admit Dave.....you like a tear up!

Its not something that bothers me to be honest. Never has, apart from being a young teen at Albion matches, which is why I object to scumbags arriving in Brighton for that explicit reason.
Finding myself in the middle of a brawl every week isnt unusual, but its really something I could do without, its just something that comes
with trying to keep the peace in a club full of drunk Ukrainians, but generally, its not my cup of tea. I actually prefer the cup of tea, and a smoke

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Youre doing a great job in telling me about the other St Georges events up and down the country that were affected by Anti Fascists?

I've no idea if there have been or not. What I care about is that amongst others we get a bunch of violent left wing thugs coming to the city and sympathisers like you don't condemn them as you condemn the right wing thugs ( and correctly so ). You view is so unbalanced I'm surprised you don't fall over.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Tell me Soulman.
Why did Dave Smeeton, a well known member of the far-right, and resident of Portsmouth, and his cronies decide to hold their 'march' in Brighton, and not Portsmouth?
Why did Dave Smeeton, a well known member of the far-right, and resident of Portsmouth, invite people from outside Brighton for their 'march' ?
Your recollection of early 'marches' seems to have forgotten homophobic, and racist chants, which is what attracted the far left the following year.

Wellquickwoodie: I was travelling to Brighton in April, as I do every year. April, and October. Im fairly certain, my attendance didnt make a huge difference.

If it did, thank me. Violent, racist vermin, have given up on Brighton. They say they will come in 2016 but ill put money on that being bullshit.
You travelled on the exact weekend of the MFE march, you attended an Albion game if I recall correctly, and you ensured that you were in or around the route of the MFE protest, even down to being around the boozer (Gloucester?) where it all kicked off?

This after being seen on every thread on NSC with any kind of right wing bias denouncing the 'racists and facists' that just might think that the EDL/MFE had a right to fly their English flags in England. Have you been a hunt sab/IRA sympathiser/animal rights activist/poll tax rioter at any time in your past? Or anything that others might resemble the actions of a serial leftie protestor?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No more Nazi's any more...... etc.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
“It has been decided to now to alternate our St Georges Parade between Brighton and other venues, 2015 will be in the North at a Sea front location in talks now on location. 2016 will be back in welcoming seaside resort of Brighton.”

Why is it always a seafront? (I think I know the answer to that one)

When was Brighton last welcoming to the march?

Why march at all? There are plenty of more exciting family days to be had than a tour of Queens Road and the rest of the ugly streets.

Great news though. The town will not be overtaken by marauding thugs from either side.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
You travelled on the exact weekend of the MFE march, you attended an Albion game if I recall correctly, and you ensured that you were in or around the route of the MFE protest, even down to being around the boozer (Gloucester?) where it all kicked off?

This after being seen on every thread on NSC with any kind of right wing bias denouncing the 'racists and facists' that just might think that the EDL/MFE had a right to fly their English flags in England. Have you been a hunt sab/IRA sympathiser/animal rights activist/poll tax rioter at any time in your past? Or anything that others might resemble the actions of a serial leftie protestor?

I travel every April at it covers more than one family birthday, and I travel every October for my mothers birthday.
Did I choose the weekend when that vermin were in the city. Yes. I went to oppose their presence, quite vocally.
I was nowhere near the pub where it kicked off, however, I recognised the same people on the video on youtube that I saw attacking people in Dukes Street. The skinny ginger prat in particular. The right to fly their English flags? Yeah, thats what it was about, despite other events up and down the country flying English flags, and not attracting violent opposition. Im not sure that English flags daubed with EDL/SEA/MFE graffiti are English flags anyway.
Keep blaming the opposition to violent racists coming to Brighton with the sole purpose of causing mayhem. Something they have advertised quite openly for the last couple of years.
Oh, and Ive not rioted anywhere.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
MFE is just an excuse to get pissed up and fight and that goes for both the right and left wing supporters. I'm glad it's not in Brighton next year.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What ive ALWAYS said Westdene, is....no violent, fascist, racists in the city. Then there will be no opposition. Violent or otherwise. For the people who would like you to believe that these are just people who 'love England', i believe, are either extremely naive, or apologists..They come for a fight. Nothing more. Nothing less.
The first march involved 'just' homophobic, and racist chants. Only an idiot would think that there would be no opposition the following year.
Ive no problem with people celebrating St Georges day. It was celebrated all over Sussex, and England. The only difference was that these events were not populated by violent, known fascists, intent on street violence, and strangely, none of them were opposed by anti fascists. Weird eh?

And if there were no Islamic extremists in Britain, shouting vile abuse at soldiers returning home, there would be no EDL. Why not attack the root of the problem Dave and turn up with your masked mates to fight a bigger threat to diversity, Islamic extremists? If you can stop them encouraging Jihad and preaching hate, you will finish EDL at the same time.
Or is it only white racists that get up your nose?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm not sure I get the reason for jumping on Daveinprague's posts in these threads. His point is valid. No march, no counter protest. Simple.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
And if there were no Islamic extremists in Britain, shouting vile abuse at soldiers returning home, there would be no EDL. Why not attack the root of the problem Dave and turn up with your masked mates to fight a bigger threat to diversity, Islamic extremists? If you can stop them encouraging Jihad and preaching hate, you will finish EDL at the same time.

Huh? So why are these guys marching in Brighton then? What's Brighton got to do with Islamic extremism?

D

Deleted member 22389

They even turned up to the UKIP event in Hove. :facepalm: If these are the same people we are talking about.
There is absolutely no balance to the arguments. Like you say why don't they ever face these extremists, they are just as bad if not worse.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I do.get what daveinprague is saying. However the anti fascist mob on that day in brighton included plenty of faces I'd seen previously at the anti tracking protests, the arms factory protests, the protests against tuition fees, the occupation at Sussex uni. Basically anywhere they can have a tear up with authority figures.
Plenty of them as well travel long distances to join in such protests in brighton

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Probably none as most like you don't live or indeed are welcome here, Your actions suggest an "eye for an eye" attitude.

But the Portsmouth based MFE attracted massive support from the Brighton area? My actions? What were my actions? Seems like they work. Ill have to investigate. Maybe you can help me understand what my actions were on the day? Im not welcome in Brighton because I oppose fascists coming to the city? Brilliant. The wankers are not coming back. Right wing supporters and apologists have the hump. What a shame.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Tell me Soulman.
Why did Dave Smeeton, a well known member of the far-right, and resident of Portsmouth, and his cronies decide to hold their 'march' in Brighton, and not Portsmouth?
Why did Dave Smeeton, a well known member of the far-right, and resident of Portsmouth, invite people from outside Brighton for their 'march' ?
Your recollection of early 'marches' seems to have forgotten homophobic, and racist chants, which is what attracted the far left the following year.

Wellquickwoodie: I was travelling to Brighton in April, as I do every year. April, and October. Im fairly certain, my attendance didnt make a huge difference.

If it did, thank me. Violent, racist vermin, have given up on Brighton. They say they will come in 2016 but ill put money on that being bullshit.
Dave, a believer in his own bullshit:facepalm:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
???
I do.get what daveinprague is saying. However the anti fascist mob on that day in brighton included plenty of faces I'd seen previously at the anti tracking protests, the arms factory protests, the protests against tuition fees, the occupation at Sussex uni. Basically anywhere they can have a tear up with authority figures.
Plenty of them as well travel long distances to join in such protests in brighton
rent a mob , no more no less , if only they made that ammount of effort finding a job
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here