Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March For England cancel Brighton event

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
to much time on their hands ,can you really say they are in touch with the real world, look no further than lucas and the green party WTF are they all about:shrug:
regards
DR
They haven't a clue about the real world and I get rather angry when i see them freaks blabbing crap...These are the types who blab shite and offer nothing to society as a whole.Its astonishing how brighton has so so many of these types and the green party says it all.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
And before anywhere decries the EDL just remember we will need then once those marauding Scots get there independence and come charging down here with the French again looking for revenge.
I have nothing but admiration for the EDL...They're growing very fast and the marches are getting bigger and better,very proud of them.

Jan 30, 2008
They haven't a clue about the real world and I get rather angry when i see them freaks blabbing crap...These are the types who blab shite and offer nothing to society as a whole.Its astonishing how brighton has so so many of these types and the green party says it all.
they offer an outlet to like minded lay abouts to feel needed in a world they find difficult to fit in with :wink:
regards
DR

Last edited:

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Thank God those racists aren't going to try and infect this city with their nasty agenda next year. Hope they never bloody come back, the scum.

I'm all for free speech but I'm fed up that it's us taxpayers who have to foot the policing when these racist knuckle-draggers decide to roll in to town.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
While I don't like them or agree with them, I dislike even more anyone who tries to stop a [peaceful*] protest/march/rally.

We live in a democratic society and should take pride in the fact that a few disillusioned racists are allowed to make their political statement freely and openly whether you agree with the statement or not.

Ultimately, what is more fascist... a bunch of fat racists marching through the city ranting and waving flags or the self-named "anti-fascist" organisations trying to remove the right of freedom of speech from anyone who doesn't say what they want them to say?
The irony of this seems to be lost on some of the far left.

* I am aware that this particular lot don't have the greatest track record when it comes to "peaceful" marches, but it is the job of the Police to control them, not counter-protestors to remove their rights.

Can't be asked to read through all the posts, but what this man says basically.
Surely the term fascist is at least equally applied to those who want to aggressively stop them.
I can't stand the EDL or MFE, for what it's worth, but the right to protest is a very worthy right to have, (however the government would like to find ways round it...)

Jan 30, 2008
Thank God those racists aren't going to try and infect this city with their nasty agenda next year. Hope they never bloody come back, the scum.

I'm all for free speech but I'm fed up that it's us taxpayers who have to foot the policing when these racist knuckle-draggers decide to roll in to town.
You could say that about any public marching in the city couldn't you, remember the trades union demo down the level a month or so ago, loads of OB milling about :wink:that's right you didn't even know that did you???
regards
DR

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I dont see it as 'ironic' at all.
When the racists make their violent intent known, it is bound to attract anti racists.
The MFE intent was not for a peaceful march, but to bring violence if possible to Brighton.
It was made quite clear on here by a representative. See my signature.

Didn't their first march pass without incident. It was only after the anti's turned up that anything violent happened. - Makes you think who are the group looking for trouble.

If people had or would just ignore them, they wouldn't even register to most people and would have continued to be insignificant but this counter protest has given them so much publicity and attracted the troublemakers looking for violence. (even if either side match their own views, any excuse for a punch up)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Dave, Dave Dave.......

We should not forget that the original early MFE days out in Brighton passed off as peaceful, family gatherings on the lawns outside the King & Queen pub in Brighton, attended mostly by a bunch of numpties, but peaceful numpties at least. At some point the radical left wing protest about anything brigade took offence and it turned into the pathetic bunfight that has occurred in town for the last 2 or 3 years.

Let's not also forget that you flew back specifically to the UK to confront the MFE/EDL protestors.

I went on one of those early marches. Myself and a chap who's father is from Lebanon (a devout muslim) and we got chatting to a women (about 50) and her mum. We walked down the street together and i believe a ghurka was just in front and quite a few kids, some in prams. A few songs but nothing to write home about, but plenty of abuse on route. I remember quite a few UAF/SWP or whoever swearing and running alongside like demented dogs. I reckon a few had been woken up from their slumber in the shop doorways.
Anyway, arrived at the King & Queen pub and a large contingent of students and rag tail and bob people opposite chanting away.
We ventured into the pub and had a chat and a pint. Some of the marchers with children went into the beer garden, until bottles and missiles came flying over.
I suspect this was the end of the peaceful march, and the years after have just got worse.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Tell me Soulman.
Why did Dave Smeeton, a well known member of the far-right, and resident of Portsmouth, and his cronies decide to hold their 'march' in Brighton, and not Portsmouth?
Why did Dave Smeeton, a well known member of the far-right, and resident of Portsmouth, invite people from outside Brighton for their 'march' ?
Your recollection of early 'marches' seems to have forgotten homophobic, and racist chants, which is what attracted the far left the following year.

Wellquickwoodie: I was travelling to Brighton in April, as I do every year. April, and October. Im fairly certain, my attendance didnt make a huge difference.

If it did, thank me. Violent, racist vermin, have given up on Brighton. They say they will come in 2016 but ill put money on that being bullshit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Tell me Soulman.
Why did Dave Smeeton, a well known member of the far-right, and resident of Portsmouth, and his cronies decide to hold their 'march' in Brighton, and not Portsmouth?
Why did Dave Smeeton, a well known member of the far-right, and resident of Portsmouth, invite people from outside Brighton for their 'march' ?
Your recollection of early 'marches' seems to have forgotten homophobic, and racist chants, which is what attracted the far left the following year.

Wellquickwoodie: I was travelling to Brighton in April, as I do every year. April, and October. Im fairly certain, my attendance didnt make a huge difference.

If it did, thank me. Violent, racist vermin, have given up on Brighton. They say they will come in 2016 but ill put money on that being bullshit.

So go on then, also condemn the violent left wing thugs as well ? It's noticeable you never have, instead you come up with excuses to excuse their violence.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What ive ALWAYS said Westdene, is....no violent, fascist, racists in the city. Then there will be no opposition. Violent or otherwise. For the people who would like you to believe that these are just people who 'love England', i believe, are either extremely naive, or apologists..They come for a fight. Nothing more. Nothing less.
The first march involved 'just' homophobic, and racist chants. Only an idiot would think that there would be no opposition the following year.
Ive no problem with people celebrating St Georges day. It was celebrated all over Sussex, and England. The only difference was that these events were not populated by violent, known fascists, intent on street violence, and strangely, none of them were opposed by anti fascists. Weird eh?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
What ive ALWAYS said Westdene, is....no violent, fascist, racists in the city. Then there will be no opposition. Violent or otherwise. For the people who would like you to believe that these are just people who 'love England', i believe, are either extremely naive, or apologists..They come for a fight. Nothing more. Nothing less.
The first march involved 'just' homophobic, and racist chants. Only an idiot would think that there would be no opposition the following year.
Ive no problem with people celebrating St Georges day. It was celebrated all over Sussex, and England. The only difference was that these events were not
populated by violent, known fascists, intent on street violence, and strangely, none of them were opposed by anti fascists. Weird eh?

So you support violence just as long as you support the cause ? Nice.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Much the same as England against Nazi Germany?

How many St Georges day fetes, parades, events were opposed by anti fascists this year?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Much the same as England against Nazi Germany?

Are you really comparing a bunch of right wing c**ts fighting a bunch of left wing c**ts and having a ruck in Brighton to Britain stepping in and trying to stop the Nazis slaughtering millions of innocents. Good grief :facepalm: Nothing like a deluded leftie !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Are you really comparing a bunch of right wing c**ts fighting a bunch of left wing c**ts and having a ruck in Brighton to Britain stepping in and trying to stop the Nazis slaughtering millions of innocents. Good grief :facepalm: Nothing like a deluded leftie !

Not at all. Nothing like a rightwing drama queen.
You asked if I would ' support violence just as long as you support the cause'.
I gave you an obvious comparison of somebody supporting violence as you support the cause.
You forgot to tell me how many St Georges day events in 2014 were disrupted by anti fascists, and if not, how could that be possible?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here