Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] March at LWB vs Bernardo

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What then happens to Bong and our full backs?

I actually think Bong is best suited to the left side of a 3 man defence as well. It would highlight his stout defensive capabilities but not overly expose his weakness in possession. Suttner is a natural left wing back, Bernardo and March are options there too. The defence is extremely well stocked with Burn left sided and I think Clarke is as well, based on the Crawley friendly.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Many people have been thinking that Solly would make a great WB, and he looked so at home yesterday there (albeit against weaker oppo). Seemed to have a great understanding with Trossard.
Bodes the question, what of Bernardo? He is too good not to start isn't he?

Personally i would play Bernardo ahead of Solly - much stronger and more pace

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I actually think Bong is best suited to the left side of a 3 man defence as well. It would highlight his stout defensive capabilities but not overly expose his weakness in possession. Suttner is a natural left wing back, Bernardo and March are options there too. The defence is extremely well stocked with Burn left sided and I think Clarke is as well, based on the Crawley friendly.

I don't agree with this. If you play as one of the sided CBs against a one man forward line (and most teams in the Prem play that system) then you're going to really struggle if you're as poor on the ball as Bong is.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
No. He bottles tackles and his crossing is bang average.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
His indecision when he has a moment to think.
It's almost as if when he gives himself just enough time to second guess he does and guesses wrong.
I seem to remember him running straight through about 3 or 4 Chelsea players, last season, get clear, then completely fluff it.

I'll hazard a guess he was the only player, in the entirety of last season, who ghosted past all those players.
That player ought not to have career stats of 11 goals & 19 assists from 159 appearances.

I still think it will click. Like you say, so much potential in those feet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here