Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our cast off - no good for the first team!
Is being chased by Napo-f**kin-li.

Come on people wake up to 21st century football finance and lil old Albion's place in that.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
This isn’t going to help us retain other waverers like Tross. Sad fact that this is the world of football we now compete in. Our recruitment team have done well in the past and will have to continue in that vein if we are to offer Potter the resources to maintain our progress. Cuc will be one of our biggest successes and our biggest loss since Lawrenson.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It does. The noise is getting deafening and not just on here.

Yeah. :( Bissouma I was resigned to, but losing Cucu as well will be a big blow. If I could be allowed to clutch at one straw he did admit that his family had had trouble settling, so maybe he won't want to uproot them again and move to yet another new place?

C'mon Mrs Cucu, talk some sense into him. Money isn't everything!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah. :( Bissouma I was resigned to, but losing Cucu as well will be a big blow. If I could be allowed to clutch at one straw he did admit that his family had had trouble settling, so maybe he won't want to uproot them again and move to yet another new place?

C'mon Mrs Cucu, talk some sense into him. Money isn't everything!

I doubt Pep in particular would have much trouble putting his mind at rest about another move (with the softening blow of probably tripling his salary), but the other straw to clutch is Tony refusing to pick up the phone until the number is ridiculous………even for City. If we sell it’ll easily be a club record fee I reckon.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
With 4 years left and his massive importance to the squad , I think it might even require a bid including add ins to reach £70 M , sounds crazy but I think it would . How far we have come .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not a chance he'll leave this season,City can spout any amount of dosh they like at Mr Bloom and the answer will still be nah your fine thanks,come back when you can afford his hair product bill.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I love fans’ optimism.
A move will not only massively enhance his wages it will also almost automatically promote him to the Spanish World Cup squad.
The fee will be reasonable but not astronomical because he will want to go and we won’t step in his way - that’s how we attract players of his calibre in the first place.
The only delay in my view will be how long it takes to sign a replacement before officially confirming a deal

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
£50m and Haaland and I think that could work.

Either that or do what West Ham are doing with Rice and state he won't be sold for less than £100m (however daft that sounds)

SuperSub1973

Jan 27, 2022
If Marc were to go, i wonder if we might consider Maxwel Cornet as a replacement. Id love Marc to stay with us of course but if he were to go then would this guy fit the bill?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I love fans’ optimism.
A move will not only massively enhance his wages it will also almost automatically promote him to the Spanish World Cup squad.
The fee will be reasonable but not astronomical because he will want to go and we won’t step in his way - that’s how we attract players of his calibre in the first place.
The only delay in my view will be how long it takes to sign a replacement before officially confirming a deal

I think you're probably right. We have a reputation for driving hard bargains in the transfer market, but have also made it clear that players can further their careers by coming to us and letting them go if the price is right. Bissouma is a case in point: Villa tried, didn't offer enough for him and (if I'm honest) I don't think we wanted to sell to them either. Then Spurs come in and now Biss will be plying his trade in the Champions League next season.

Yes, Cucurella will be a loss (and a big one), but if any one thinks that we'll stand in his way of going to the best team in the world, with the best manager in the world (bar Potter!), who also is a La Masia grad, and on double his wages is utterly insane. The only way he goes nowhere is if City don't pay whatever is deemed "the right price"

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
There’s a lot of bedwetting given this is all based on a twitter post by one person! ???

Sadly Romano is usually accurate about deals happening (maybe less so about the transfer fee). I’ve tended to see posts from him before anywhere else that do become reality. So in my opinion this deal will happen as long as City meet Tony’s valuation. If it does, I would like to think it will be subject to us having a replacement sorted first though - it will be interesting to see how we spend the money from Biss & Cucu, but I sure as hell hope it will be on genuine first team ready players and not players for the future that we immediately loan out !

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Should just base every transfer on the cost of Maguire.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not a chance he'll leave this season,City can spout any amount of dosh they like at Mr Bloom and the answer will still be nah your fine thanks,come back when you can afford his hair product bill.

Of course there's a chance. I'm not saying it's going to happen or it isn't, but there comes a point where you can't turn down the money that City would definitely find if they want him that much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here