Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s that time of year again for all the b@llshit rumours

As if BHA and TB would let our POTS go for peanuts

It won’t happen.

Well, I think the price is crazy but he’s a very Pep type of player and wouldn’t be at all surprised if City briefed the journo.

You’d have to start at Ben White money and go up from there though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well, I think the price is crazy but he’s a very Pep type of player and wouldn’t be at all surprised if City briefed the journo.

You’d have to start at Ben White money and go up from there though.

I noticed that Mr Potter mentioned something about ‘one transfer per window’ but ‘we don’t have to sell anyone’ recently.

Assuming that the ‘one’ player we want to stay but will leave would be Bissouma or Trossard, I suspect Man City would be trying to work their way down from the initial £100m TB would ask for.

We had plenty of cover for White, his value to us was no where near as high as it is for Cucu where we have no like for like cover. £30m is insulting but the notion of the £17m Spurs were apparently going to thrust in to Tony’s hand for our PoTY was an utter disgrace.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I noticed that Mr Potter mentioned something about ‘one transfer per window’ but ‘we don’t have to sell anyone’ recently.

Assuming that the ‘one’ player we want to stay but will leave would be Bissouma or Trossard, I suspect Man City would be trying to work their way down from the initial £100m TB would ask for.

We had plenty of cover for White, his value to us was no where near as high as it is for Cucu where we have no like for like cover. £30m is insulting but the notion of the £17m Spurs were apparently going to thrust in to Tony’s hand for our PoTY was an utter disgrace.

I think Man City money blows all that out of the water.
TB is holding 5 aces regarding Cucu.
That deal this window (or in 12 months time) could cover at least one of Biss & Tross walking for free. :ohmy:

There's no way the club would stand in the way, hence it being easy to speculate this was allowed to be leaked from Manchester, in an exercise of 'run it up the flag pole'.
But if all 3 parties are happy to talk City are going to pay so far over the odds, which is completely meaningless to them.

(I can't believe I've been banned from finishing that with the obvious joke)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Absolutely no question that any player we sold to City would have to be more than White. Didn’t they pay about 50 million for Mendy for goodness sake?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely no question that any player we sold to City would have to be more than White. Didn’t they pay about 50 million for Mendy for goodness sake?

Transfer value and history really doesn't come into it.

Anyone saying 'well.hes just a left wing back, they are cheap' really doesn't understand sports washing!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Ben White had potential and, is English, but still had some obvious gaps and plays a position which has plenty of competition.
We sold him for £50m.

Cucurella has at least as much potential and no obvious gaps, playing in a position with less competition.
With City as a potential suitor, I would be genuinely surprised if Tony would listen to any offers lower than £70m

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ben White had potential and, is English, but still had some obvious gaps and plays a position which has plenty of competition.
We sold him for £50m.

Cucurella has at least as much potential and no obvious gaps, playing in a position with less competition.
With City as a potential suitor, I would be genuinely surprised if Tony would listen to any offers lower than £70m

Agreed. And if we sell him for that kind of money we could sign Cornet (if Burnley go down), a left back like Buchanan at Derby for peanuts, and City can chuck us that CB who replaced Ostigard at Stoke, and the midfielder we were linked with. Plus we’d have money for the striker fund left over. It would be gutting but I find it hard to get too disappointed about any player moving to a much bigger club for the kind of money TB is likely to demand.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm very confident we won't sell. There's every reason to think that the Marc will nail down the first choice LB spot for Spain by the time the world cup comes around. If he does and Spain go far, which they probably will, another £10 to 15m goes on the price tag

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I would be surprised if they do. Believe we paid the release clause in his contract with Getafe (all contracts in Spain have one), so there would be no need to work any clauses into the deal with them re future payments.

Good point [emoji1303]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm very confident we won't sell. There's every reason to think that the Marc will nail down the first choice LB spot for Spain by the time the world cup comes around. If he does and Spain go far, which they probably will, another £10 to 15m goes on the price tag

If he wants to be a regular Spanish international, and I'm sure he does, he'll stand no better chance than whipping in delightful crosses for Erling Haaland to power home, week in week out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Being a top six feeder club beats being a Reading and Norwich one I suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here