Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Of course it would be. But not even chelsea are stupid enough for a deal like that. Who would even agree to a clause like that when drunk.

Sources from out board was a clue here I think
Same club that paid 25m for a disgruntled keeper that had effectively just been shunted to 3rd choice after we’d signed Bart.

At the time I genuinely thought Sanchez would fetch bo more than a nominal fee just to get him off the wage bill and out of the dressing room.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Same club that paid 25m for a disgruntled keeper that had effectively just been shunted to 3rd choice after we’d signed Bart.

At the time I genuinely thought Sanchez would fetch bo more than a nominal fee just to get him off the wage bill and out of the dressing room.
They got a good enough deal with sanchez. Great potential and a decent fee, as it was for us. Totally wrong club for him though, so he'll never fulfil his potential unfortunately. Such a waste.

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023
I doubt he’ll be headed back but his ability to play left back, left centre back plus he’s been playing right back for Chelsea could be quite handy

Especially if we keep the split CBs formation we’ve been playing recently

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Amazing how gullible Boehly & his ridiculous regime can be, if he thinks paying yet more crazy money on players will fix their current problems.
But this is the thing. Despite spending 1 BILLION POUNDS in the last three transfer windows, their squad and starting 11 is still not that good. It is probably good enough for about 12th in the league which is where they are. If they want to get higher, which they and their fans think they have a divine right to, they do need more, better calibre players. Which is incredible negligence after that spend.

Winstanley has well and truly f***ed them! I’d think he was undercover if he wasn’t such a slimy CJTC that we’re probably glad has f***ed off anyway.

scooter1

How soon is now?
But this is the thing. Despite spending 1 BILLION POUNDS in the last three transfer windows, their squad and starting 11 is still not that good. It is probably good enough for about 12th in the league which is where they are. If they want to get higher, which they and their fans think they have a divine right to, they do need more, better calibre players. Which is incredible negligence after that spend.

Winstanley has well and truly f***ed them! I’d think he was undercover if he wasn’t such a slimy CJTC that we’re probably glad has f***ed off anyway.
Is it a team of under achieving superstars, or are they simply not good enough to gel?

We don't have any superstars, but there is a cohesiveness about are team and how we play

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I’d have thought binning Poch and finding a manager who could get a tune out of a very talented squad would be a more sensible option. But Chelsea and sensible is not something you see in the same sentence these days.I

Sure they need to offload players but buying more at inflated prices is not a great route to go down imo. Trim the squad and use the rest they have available is a better starting point.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Lots of understandable vitriol on here towards Chelsea, but the truth is, they are a top striker away being a top 4 team.

Not a popular opinion, but if they sell some of their duds and buy a reliable striker they'll be in contention again next season.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I can’t see Chelsea selling Cucu yet….they’d surely only get £15m - £20m, which would result in a huge FFP hit. Most likely is a loan deal with someone paying most of his wages. I could see that as something we might be interested in, but would entirely depend on how Cucu left the club. Presumably he didn’t do a Trossard or Sanchez - and he was our player of the season before he left. Everyone seemed to like him then.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I can’t see Chelsea selling Cucu yet….they’d surely only get £15m - £20m, which would result in a huge FFP hit. Most likely is a loan deal with someone paying most of his wages. I could see that as something we might be interested in, but would entirely depend on how Cucu left the club. Presumably he didn’t do a Trossard or Sanchez - and he was our player of the season before he left. Everyone seemed to like him then.
"then" being the operative word methinks?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

The problem they have is they have invested massively in young talent, originally based around having a manager (Graham Potter) who has a reputation of developing young talent into better players.

What they have now is a higher profile manager with no noted track record of improving youngsters, but more of a reputation of working best with 'finished article' players at the big clubs. It's not a great mix. You only have to look at a few players, such as Mudryk & Caicedo to see that they are arguably less effective than they were before joining Chelsea. No wonder Moises is rumoured to be chasing a move away.

Also, these players are also on veeeery long contracts, leaving no room to recruit further without having to sell.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lots of understandable vitriol on here towards Chelsea, but the truth is, they are a top striker away being a top 4 team.

Not a popular opinion, but if they sell some of their duds and buy a reliable striker they'll be in contention again next season.
Chelsea have conceded 26 goals in 16 EPL matches this season, bottom half. It’s more than a top striker they need.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not if they sell to their Saudi contacts. All very fishy!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here