Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hope the posts are jokes :lol: :facepalm:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Did last season pass you by? We literally missed open goals and a ton of one and ones. I don’t know what the club are doing right now all I know is we are weaker than last season.

Yeah, that's the "big chances missed" stat. The one that shows Bamford has missed twice as many as Maupay.
The rate at which we miss i.e. shots to goals, is probably worse than most as a team, but most of the teams that scored more than us, also missed more than us, I guess they are creating more chances to be able to do that.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/big_chance_missed?se=363

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Yeah, that's the "big chances missed" stat. The one that shows Bamford has missed twice as many as Maupay.
The rate at which we miss i.e. shots to goals, is probably worse than most as a team, but most of the teams that scored more than us, also missed more than us, I guess they are creating more chances to be able to do that.

That would be an interesting table if you could see it as %s. As it is, as you say, it doesn’t really tell you much other than which sides create the most chances.

Feb 9, 2012
perth
Having watched three of Spain's games in past couple of weeks (Oz, Argentina and Brazil) I am struggling to see what we like about this guy (if its true that we actually do).

To be fair, his defensive work was pretty solid and perhaps its just the role he's been asked to play for their team, but from what I saw he appears to offer virtually nothing going forward other than a quick turnover of the ball to whoever is nearest to him, I honeslty cant remember one run and cross. Might work in a back four in our 2017 team but as a wing back the way Potter wants to set up..seems like a very odd choice. Happy to be proved wrong if we do indeed get him

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Sorry. 5th in xG table says it all. We cannot score in a brothel. Did the same last night. Please get your head out of the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Having watched three of Spain's games in past couple of weeks (Oz, Argentina and Brazil) I am struggling to see what we like about this guy (if its true that we actually do).

To be fair, his defensive work was pretty solid and perhaps its just the role he's been asked to play for their team, but from what I saw he appears to offer virtually nothing going forward other than a quick turnover of the ball to whoever is nearest to him, I honeslty cant remember one run and cross. Might work in a back four in our 2017 team but as a wing back the way Potter wants to set up..seems like a very odd choice. Happy to be proved wrong if we do indeed get him

I've followed him (for various reasons!!) for a couple of years. He is very attacking and more than capable of doing a good job at LWB as well as LB.
If we get it over the line it would be a great signing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looks like it’s happening.

[TWEET]1424994071802699782[/TWEET]

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

Agreed. He doesn’t look better than March atm (even as a fullback) but obviously has a bit of potential. He looks a bit lightweight to me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agreed. He doesn’t look better than March atm (even as a fullback) but obviously has a bit of potential. He looks a bit lightweight to me.

Imagine we’d need to spend quite a bit more than £15m to get someone materially better than March…….he’d potentially be worth at least similar if we were looking to sell wouldn’t he ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best just mute the Fabrizio impersonator account. It is there to deceive.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here