Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ultimately, it is likely the right offer from City could force the issue.

But Albion would test their determination to take him north to the limit.

So we don’t plan to - but will it the right offer comes in. Which we knew all along

Going to take an offer that makes the Ben White fee look cheap imo

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
But you'd be in all sorts of trouble if it was reported you'd agreed a fee before the clubs agree as per here.

It will never happen directly between clubs, so there won’t be a paper trail, but guaranteed it happens for virtually every transfer, especially the higher up the leagues you go. When was the last tapping up case that you saw mentioned in the media? If the authorities strictly went after every transfer deal where it was happening to some degree, they’d never have time to do anything else.

If you take our own acquisition of MC last summer from Getafe. He was agitating for the move before a fee was agreed and that will have absolutely been based on discussions, informal or formal, about personal terms were he to make the move to us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m not quite sure why I’d make that up :shrug:

View attachment 149037

I’m not going to demand that we execute him, and I agree with a lot of the reasons both you and [MENTION=17447]Bakero[/MENTION] have pointed out. My problem is more with the club for being too lazy to properly look through his social media accounts and get that caption deleted when we signed him, rather than it being discovered 6 months ago and hastily deleted then.

Thankfully, for whatever reason it didn’t become the massive scandal that it could have been. But it could have been nipped in the bud if the club had bothered to get someone to spend a couple of hours trawling through his social media.

It needs application of context and intent.

I see nothing offensive in it. That being because offence wasn't intended.

Ill judged to write it though. Especially as there are some who would wish to deliberately place it into another context.

Odd world. Racism is in danger of becoming a meaningless word.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
But you'd be in all sorts of trouble if it was reported you'd agreed a fee before the clubs agree as per here.

No you wouldn’t. The club could have given permission for Marc to talk to City if he’s indicated he really wants to move. Also as [MENTION=3462]Springal[/MENTION] says, it also happens so clubs know they aren’t wasting their time chasing a player. Imagine doing all that work agreeing transfer fees and then finding out you aren’t in the same ball park re salary expectations or the player isn’t even interested in the move.

Manchester United were talking to Sancho and had agreed terms with him a year before they finally agreed the transfer fee with Dortmund. It was reported everywhere at the time.

Terms are agreed before transfer fees are way more than is reported. Tapping up is never mentioned.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1539685125537021953[/tweet]

[tweet]1539687134130487298[/tweet]

You realise what may well have happened here don't you?

Tweet #1 tweeted his news.
Tweet #2 read tweet #1 and repeated it.

The big question is:-

Where did Tweet #1 get his info?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
[tweet]1539685125537021953[/tweet]

[tweet]1539687134130487298[/tweet]
If Peter O’Rourke had the scoop on this, it’d literally be the first time in his career. He’s all guess work and has about as much inside info as you and me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Informal chat, probably chatting to the agent, "Would Marc be interested in coming to Citeh if we were to pay him £120K a week?" "I expect he would, yes, I'll ask him".

Attention seeking Facebook junky reports, "Personal terms agreed".

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
There eas a tweet yestetday about done deal between us and shitty, £23 million, it was by the guy that gets all the transfers correct, people even replied saying how cheap we let him go fir, the account had 5 followers unlike the real account that had thousands of followers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In all honesty he's gone isn't he.....let's just hope we get big money for him.

Perhaps Arsenal are saying the same about Tierney and Wolves about Ait Nouri?

If Arsenal want Jesus so badly, perhaps they’ll spill some scotch and we’ll get to keep our Cucu.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
In all honesty he's gone isn't he.....let's just hope we get big money for him.
I don't think he has gone.

I mean clearly he might still go, but none of the Internet rumour frenzy seems much more than guesswork with chancers taking punts to land a lucky guess in order to appear ITK. Nothing has much of a substantive feel just yet.

Tony would squeeze them until the pips squeak for a fee - and all the talk of us lowering our price ( as if we are actively seeking the deal ) is pure nonsense

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't think he has gone.

I mean clearly he might still go, but none of the Internet rumour frenzy seems much more than guesswork with chancers taking punts to land a lucky guess in order to appear ITK. Nothing has much of a substantive feel just yet.

Tony would squeeze them until the pips squeak for a fee - and all the talk of us lowering our price ( as if we are actively seeking the deal ) is pure nonsense

Indeed.

Pretty sure there is some substance to them being interested but I don't think it is time for tears quite yet.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
PB said yesterday or the day before that there had been no offer. Could easily just be paper (internet) talk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How I despise Man City and everything that repulsive club stands for.

Would loved for us to have kept him for one more season at least.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Means nothing does it, even if true?. Personal terms was always the easy bit - it's the fee that counts.

Well quite.
City: "How does treble your wages and trophies sound?"
Cucu "Sounds good"

Not exactly the difficult conversation in this particular "deal".

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Informal chat, probably chatting to the agent, "Would Marc be interested in coming to Citeh if we were to pay him £120K a week?" "I expect he would, yes, I'll ask him".

Attention seeking Facebook junky reports, "Personal terms agreed".

Yep….followed by

‘Hi Paul, Man City here. We’re interested in Cucurella and his agent has indicated we can easily agree personal terms (well, we’re tripling his wages after all). We’d like to put in a bid of 30m’

*line goes dead*

‘Paul ? Paul ? Are you still there ?’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here