Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ManUre at home - our cup final?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm just pleased you've embraced the Sunday-before-Bank-Holiday-Monday thing and all but drowned yourself in the Faversham Wine Lake.

Well played sir!
Truth be told I was stone cold sober when I wrote that.

Should I be concerned?

:drool::bigwave:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Through to the next round lads, no excuses

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Generally we are Even moneys favourites in this game, with Utd around 11/4 with the bookies.
Utd won the League cup, are in the final of the FA cup, and are 4th in the league, 11 points above us, despite a horrible start to the season. They've also got 13 points from their last 5 PL games.

I can't see any logic for us being even money favourites.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Utd won the League cup, are in the final of the FA cup, and are 4th in the league, 11 points above us, despite a horrible start to the season. They've also got 13 points from their last 5 PL games.

I can't see any logic for us being even money favourites.
Because we've beaten them in 3 of our five premier league meetings at the Amex? Including beating them 4-0 the last time we played them at the Amex. Followed by the last time we played them in the league we beat them 2-1 at Old Trafford? Followed by them being second best for large parts of the semi final where they needed Solly to put the ball into orbit to sneak through?

Personally I'm expecting to beat them or at worse get a draw. I'll be disappointed if we lose. I've seen enough of both teams to consider ourselves at least the match of them in a one off game.

Also, they're not very good away from home.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was being understated :)
Fair enough.

I personally don't understand the odds though. 4-0 last season feels fairly irrelevant, they're a completely different team to that one, and the same goes for the 2-1 on the first day, before Ten Hag had got them playing his way. Them being second best for a lot of Sunday's game is more relevant, although they had chances too. Even money just looks off to me.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Fair enough.

I personally don't understand the odds though. 4-0 last season feels fairly irrelevant, they're a completely different team to that one, and the same goes for the 2-1 on the first day, before Ten Hag had got them playing his way. Them being second best for a lot of Sunday's game is more relevant, although they had chances too. Even money just looks off to me.
Actually I don't think Ten Hag has got them playing his way. His way is what got them beaten by us at Old Trafford and hammered 4-0 by Brentford the following week.

I think he learnt quite quickly he has to be pragmatic rather than idealistic with this current United team. He admitted as much in his pre match interview in the semi final and with how he set united up against us. Sit deep, protect the back four, don't play out from the back but get the ball forward as quickly as possible and try and get their front three to exploit the space behind us.

I don't really know how bookies come up with their odds. I'd guess their relatively poor away from coupled with our good form and recent history against them must play a part. I am confident that man utd won't win though. How that translates into the actual odds I don't know.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Dunky and the lads are going to be fired right up for this one. Ali, Moises and Kaoru well-rested, Fergie possibly back, Billy on the back of his best performance, Enciso getting better at a rapid rate etc etc……..

1-0 United after a controversial VAR decision incoming ? Nah, we’re going to ‘fvck em up’.
you got the last bit right! 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here