Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manuel Locatelli - the BIG target for the summer

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fantastic player but we are not in a position to be paying this type of money, I am sure the next young South American has already been approached with a view to transfer talks.
If we flog Mac & Caicedo and TB has £140m+ in his pocket, I’m fairly confident he’ll spend up to half of it on the squad with, potentially big money going on the direct replacements.

How much was Mwepu? We’ve paid big fees before. To maintain our lofty position, we might have to spend a bit more.

This is the only scenario I can see us playing the big bucks in though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we flog Mac & Caicedo and TB has £140m+ in his pocket, I’m fairly confident he’ll spend up to half of it on the squad with, potentially big money going on the direct replacements.

How much was Mwepu? We’ve paid big fees before. To maintain our lofty position, we might have to spend a bit more.

Not sure what Mwepu cost but I would assume some form of insurance claim going through.

Webster I believe is currently the most expensive player at £25m.

Caicedo and Mac will obviously move on, however, I would see that staggered over two transfer windows minimum. NB the Chairman may also want to recoup some of his investment and add to that what are the accounts like or are we losing money stil, think the next set of figures include the Ben White transfer.

I'd like it to happen but just don't think we are quite there yet in terms of development.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Mwepu was £12m according to Naylor

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We are not spending 30-40 million
Maybe, maybe not.

But don't forget we knocked back £70m for Moises in January. If he leaves in the summer, then £40m for his replacement might be seen as good value.

It might even be an inevitability, just to keep De Zerbi happy.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
I think even if we make Europe we wouldn't be spending money and wages like this (an Italian international who recently signed a contract with Juve will be paid more than our highest earner). Obviously if we make Europe there's more chancing of us doing so but I still can't see it. De Zerbi's comments over Zanioli were something like, 'We didn't think about him because economically he's out of reach'. Put Locatelli in that bracket.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
In terms of De Zerbi signings, Naylor said to look out in the Summer for approaches to Matviienko and Maxime Lopez.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I think even if we make Europe we wouldn't be spending money and wages like this (an Italian international who recently signed a contract with Juve will be paid more than our highest earner). Obviously if we make Europe there's more chancing of us doing so but I still can't see it. De Zerbi's comments over Zanioli were something like, 'We didn't think about him because economically he's out of reach'. Put Locatelli in that bracket.

Another ‘Italian’ we should be looking at is Mateo Retegui. Strong, two footed and clinical striker who’s very good in the air.

On loan at Tigre from Boca. Would be an excellent addition to play alongside Evan.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
In terms of De Zerbi signings, Naylor said to look out in the Summer for approaches to Matviienko and Maxime Lopez.

Matviyenko, yes please. Good replacement for Colwill. (If we can't keep him)

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Maybe Maxime Lopez and Domenico Berardi would be more affordable if we are looking at a Sassuolo connection?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If the club sell both Caciedo and Mac and do not replace them I think we would lose De Zerbi as well.
He has probably identified transfer targets to replace both along with others and failure to land them could be costly

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Iirc correctly our Nunez interest was at about 28 million.
We will spend over £30 million one day. And it's most likely to be when we are most successful so I really wouldn't bet against it happening, maybe even more than once, over the next season or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here