Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manuel Almunia among seven players to be released by Arsenal

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Alm is someone i wouldn't greatly trust in goal. He may have played for the Arse there for a while, but the keepers he was battling for a place with couldn't handle the big stage, so he was the cream of a slightly pooey crop. As soon as you have a keeper that tears off his line and into the corner of the pitch to chase or a ball or a conjoined pigeon then the defence begins to internally worry from then on, and are aware of potential mishaps of others rather than just remaining in the position they were meant to individually concentrate on.
And lest we forget:
daily+mail+gay+yorkie+miniature+yorkshire+terrier.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The simple question is he better than what we have answer Yes

Are there better keepers available that we can afford answer probably

If her hasnt signed for anybody and we havent signed a keeper by about mid July I can see Gus asking about him but it is still very early in the close season and he does not strike me as a player that Gus will rush to sign.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He is way past his best, and even that wasn't that great anyway. He played for West Ham at this level last season and completely failed to impress.

Don't be fooled by the fact he played for Arsenal: that doesn't make him a great keeper for a second. They've had a succession of poor keepers since Seaman retired. No, no, and thrice no from me.

PS: what about Gavin Hoyte? Comes from Arsenal so must be good? Oh...wait...he already played for us and was one of the worst defenders in a very decent history of bad Albion defenders.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If my memory serves me well and I cant be bothered to look it up, wasnt there a time on here when people were saying we should ask Arsenal about getting Rhys Murphy on loan.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
If my memory serves me well and I cant be bothered to look it up, wasnt there a time on here when people were saying we should ask Arsenal about getting Rhys Murphy on loan.

I think your correct, the question is do we need more fowards in the development squad and would Rhys want to do that instead of finding 1st team football? because I doubt he would 1st choice with CMS, Hoskins & Barnes ahead of him then Toby & Bergkamp in the Development.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here