Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Mankind. Time to CHANGE

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sceptical and extremely inaccurate. The. Bible bashers I know have been trying to look after the older people and food banks.
I'm not sure how you can say it is inaccurate with such authority. The last church service I attended, the sermon highlighted ten great plagues that God sent to earth, from locusts to the killing of all Egyptian first borns. We are supposed to believe that, and that God was jealous as to the reason why, so it isn't a great leap that some "bible bashers" conclude this has come from God.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure how you can say it is inaccurate with such authority. The last church service I attended, the sermon highlighted ten great plagues that God sent to earth, from locusts to the killing of all Egyptian first borns. We are supposed to believe that, and that God was jealous as to the reason why, so it isn't a great leap that some "bible bashers" conclude this has come from God.

You say some. NooBHA said all. There is a vast difference.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah fair enough. I presume if he had said "some" or "many" rather than "all", you'd have been fine with it? [emoji106]

Like any other walks of life, there are bad churchgoers and good churchgoers.
Actions and motives are accountable.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Like any other walks of life, there are bad churchgoers and good churchgoers.
I'd have to agree.

As for this idea of humankind needing to change, I'd say that is probably true - but it's got nothing to do with attitude towards animals and far more to do with attitudes towards the planet and each other. Reflecting on a world order that means Brazilians and Indonesians see no reason not to chop down precious forestry, is possibly the same reason that Chinese peasants felt obliged to eat bats or the same reason that the American rust belt keep voting in a short-termist moron like Donald Trump.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I really do not not care. Get rid. Asked many times. I am of the point now I do not care .Get rid of my post i do not care if anyone agrees or disagrees

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do not care. I asked for the post to be taken off

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Ignore the post, everyone knows that for a SMOOTH operator such as yourself it’s slip on Hush Puppies all the way #player

Your smooth is a lube with dwarfs, we have footage.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
AlI I would says it is he post heartfelt plea for what I believe in. It was de railed with people I knew sure would pipe up with negativity and shite. Just so predictable

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Pale_Blue_Dot.png

Can anyone see a tiny dot in this picture?

It's actually us lot, on planet earth, from about only 4 Billion miles away, which beleive me, is nothing.

It's as close to you and I tongueing it, and closer, universe wise.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I would like to hope we would change but I don't. We have been yelling and telling people about climate change for decades and still no body does anything. Most people are simply concerned about making money to ever look past their own short sighted immediate wants.
Lets face it, most humans are utter filth. But, I do hope they change. I am just rarely given any evidence they will.

I don’t know. Maybe I’m naive, but I think the impact of this pandemic could be profound. It’s going to affect just about everyone, rich, poor, and everything inbetween.

For many, and being totally honest I’ve only woken up to this myself very recently, climate change is one of those things that might never happen and if it does will probably only affect someone else. All of a sudden, that myth is categorically debunked. When shit goes wrong on a global scale, it goes wrong for us all.

Until now, most people alive today had no reference point. No context. No one knew what it felt to be part of a global catastrophe. We now have that context. If we can deduce that the climate change end game would be 10, 100 or 1,000 x worse than Covid-19 (and science must have a way of modelling that to some degree) then I honestly think the majority of people, having experienced this shit show, would rally to avoid such an eventuality.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I don’t know. Maybe I’m naive, but I think the impact of this pandemic could be profound. It’s going to affect just about everyone, rich, poor, and everything inbetween.

For many, and being totally honest I’ve only woken up to this myself very recently, climate change is one of those things that might never happen and if it does will probably only affect someone else. All of a sudden, that myth is categorically debunked. When shit goes wrong on a global scale, it goes wrong for us all.

Until now, most people alive today had no reference point. No context. No one knew what it felt to be part of a global catastrophe. We now have that context. If we can deduce that the climate change end game would be 10, 100 or 1,000 x worse than Covid-19 (and science must have a way of modelling that to some degree) then I honestly think the majority of people, having experienced this shit show, would rally to avoid such an eventuality.

You'd like to think so but realistically this situation is likely to make things worse and play right into the hands of ardent capitalism.

Multinationals, chains and wealthy individuals are best placed to come through this unscathed on a business and personal level. There'll be even greater gaps and less diversity. Those at the top will redress the balance and increase their security.

People have short memories. There'll be more live-for-the-day attitudes. Rampant spending on unsustainable travel, textiles etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here