Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mancs in your stand 2023 edition

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
There were a lot of empty seats in the away end which surprised me. I assume you had sold out? Where were the no shows? Loyalty point collectors?
I saw the empty seats next to our bit in the south, but then it looked like some away sections - fairly central near the top in particular - were quite crowded, so wondered if they’d just piled in rows together.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
My spidey senses were tingling at the father and son combo behind me who have never been there before and the classic single middle aged male in neutral colours suddenly sitting on his own in front in a seat usually taken by an ST. As it turns out I reckon the two behind were local daytrippers chancing it as united were in town but were quite knowledgeable about Brighton, had the decency to try and lip sycnh to GOSbTS and genuinely enjoyed the dramatic finale.

Any concerns i had about genial, scholarly looking middle aged man were dispelled within the first minute when he suddenly leapt to his feet, face bright red and screamed 'FÙCK OFF FERNANDES YOU CHEATING C@NT' at terrifying volume.

And so the tone of the evening was set around me at entirely partisan heavily alcohol fuelled vitriol. Just the way I like it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I saw the empty seats next to our bit in the south, but then it looked like some away sections - fairly central near the top in particular - were quite crowded, so wondered if they’d just piled in rows together.
Possibly but there were an awful lot (probably nearly 100 I'd say) next to the south west. Also randomly a group (15 or) right at the front behind the goal.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
2 next to me in swc. seemed to be on a date. the bloke turned to those behind him and moaned at them for clapping and cheering. they didn't return for the second half

May 2, 2023
Yeah, it had sold out ages ago (all our away games go to a ballot) and we were crowded in the centre. I couldn't get to my seat so just stood behind the goal.

However, there were quite a few tickets knocking about before the game so presumably a few no shows too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The season ticket next to me was given up at the beginning of this season. I’d been getting very paranoid about the various visitors I had sitting next to me.

The Leicester game was the highlight. The fella next to me was filming the away end etc and whilst he kept quiet, I made sure he got a pat on the head or back each time we scored. He left early.

To my surprise he was back the next game. I felt extremely guilty at tagging him a Leicester fan. We got chatting and he was a really nice guy who had bought the season ticket for the remainder of the season.

He then told me he was indeed a Leicester fan but wanted to watch football locally and our brand of football was amazing. So I’ve ended up having a bit of a soft spot for Leicester now! 🤣

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Half & half scarves, you must be able to buy them in advance.

Standing in the Mill Road queue pre match a car pulls up and a family gets out all with them.

Then they were guided to the front of the long queue …. is that a thing, car users are given priority over the hoi polloi who’ve walked there?
I know if driving you need to get there at least 90 minutes before k.o. to get a parking spot but how late can you leave it if walking ?
Do the buses stop running once all the car spots have been taken ?
How long does the bus take to get to the ground ? Twenty minutes ?

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
I’ve since found a Spurs fan at work, who went with his Chelsea supporting brother - they went as neutrals.

I wonder how many people attend as neutrals? Might account for those who sit, don’t react to anything, look uninterested and leave early?
Like watching it on Sky, I guess.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
The season ticket next to me was given up at the beginning of this season. I’d been getting very paranoid about the various visitors I had sitting next to me.

The Leicester game was the highlight. The fella next to me was filming the away end etc and whilst he kept quiet, I made sure he got a pat on the head or back each time we scored. He left early.

To my surprise he was back the next game. I felt extremely guilty at tagging him a Leicester fan. We got chatting and he was a really nice guy who had bought the season ticket for the remainder of the season.

He then told me he was indeed a Leicester fan but wanted to watch football locally and our brand of football was amazing. So I’ve ended up having a bit of a soft spot for Leicester now! 🤣
Keep taking your meds and you'll recover soon 🤞

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
WSL - a Dad in 'plain clothes' and two little kids in Bright Red 'TeamViewer' tops.

I just don't understand it. Taking your kids (they looked about 8-9 years old) to a home match, to sit amongst Brighton in the home section, with Man Utd tops on...

It just baffles me.

I declare the Father a Twunt. Gavel banged.
There was a kid who couldn't have been more than 5 years old wearing the current United third strip sat near us in the upper tier at Wembley.

Weapons grade failure in the parenting stakes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know if driving you need to get there at least 90 minutes before k.o. to get a parking spot but how late can you leave it if walking ?
Do the buses stop running once all the car spots have been taken ?
How long does the bus take to get to the ground ? Twenty minutes ?
Some lucky last parkers were doing it at 6:45.

Yes, the buses run all the way up to KO or thereabouts and are all busy.

Depends whether day or evening KO’s, the whole process from arriving at the top of Mill Road (we walk) to getting to the North Stand:
- ManUre game 6:35 to 7:50 … 75 minutes. The main reason being stuck on the tedious A27 left lane jam.
- Saturday 3pm’s …. say an hour.

But the Albion are worth it!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sadly, the dad and the kid who cried at the 4-0 had left by the time of the penalty so I didn't get the full effect this time round. Although 1901 so allowed.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Some lucky last parkers were doing it at 6:45.

Yes, the buses run all the way up to KO or thereabouts and are all busy.

Depends whether day or evening KO’s, the whole process from arriving at the top of Mill Road (we walk) to getting to the North Stand:
- ManUre game 6:35 to 7:50 … 75 minutes. The main reason being stuck on the tedious A27 left lane jam.
- Saturday 3pm’s …. say an hour.

But the Albion are worth it!
Thanks, very helpful.
75 minutes does seem an inordinately long time though when it only it took around 30 minutes once on the bus travelling back from the Wolves game.
Would have thought it would be quicker going than coming back.
Is there generally a queue to get on at Mill Rd ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Any concerns i had about genial, scholarly looking middle aged man were dispelled within the first minute when he suddenly leapt to his feet, face bright red and screamed 'FÙCK OFF FERNANDES YOU CHEATING C@NT' at terrifying volume.

Sorry about that, had been on the sauce for a few hours. Six pints of Badger’s Elbow 6.8% with sambuca chasers to help get the vocal chords in good shape but can have a detrimental impact on discretion.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Have we discussed the kid in a Spurs shirt (no jacket/hoodie) at the open training day - when the Tottenham fiasco was still very, very raw?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here