Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My biased observations

Moder must be cursed (edit, saw there was already a thread on this after I posted :lolol:)
McTominay is a thug and was lucky to still be on the pitch at the end
Trossard is not over Covid
The ref was a homer
Cracking goal from Ronaldo, so obvious that we’d be the team he broke his barren spell against

Unreasonably pissed off with that result

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The reason we had a sloppy first 10 in the 2nd half was because we assumed united were not going to press us as they hadnt up till then. As soon as we were put under pressure we panicked and were unable to move the ball quickly enough. Thats what cost us the game

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1 always has been for stopping a goal scoring chance unless dangerous

Yes, but this is Brighton against a 'big' club. Three games it is then ...............................

Lee Hendrie has been following the match on SSN - did very well I thought. Very positive about us, better team and all that, sending off changed the game, United were ruthless when they had half a chance (which, TBF they were). Lawro was far from being anti-Brighton on 5Live Extra too (BTW, did he actually predict a 2-0 win for United? Clueless, obvs.....)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
No he wasn’t.

But anyway, even if you do genuinely believe that Webster has super human powers to get back to him, it’s hardly a disgraceful decision is it when the majority of people and all neutrals think it’s a red?!

You must hang around a lot of Man U supporters, all the neutrals I know didn't think it was a red.

biiba

Nov 15, 2020
1st half was OK.
10 min of 2nd half = tragedy.
After that: match 10 against 12 = I was so proud
Red card? 'come on guys... Just coz ****ing Utd

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Dunk won't ever learn, he makes decisions based on calculations which have questionable results.

3 points from 2 games is better than 2.

Moder improving by the week.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
My biased observations

Moder must be cursed
McTominay is a thug and was lucky to still be on the pitch at the end
Trossard is not over Covid
The ref was a homer
Cracking goal from Ronaldo, so obvious the we’d be the team he broke his barren spell against

Unreasonably pissed off with that result

Not sure any Manure supporters can come away from that thinking 4th is secured tho

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Yes, but this is Brighton against a 'big' club. Three games it is then ...............................

Lee Hendrie has been following the match on SSN - did very well I thought. Very positive about us, better team and all that, sending off changed the game, United were ruthless when they had half a chance (which, TBF they were). Lawro was far from being anti-Brighton on 5Live Extra too (BTW, did he actually predict a 2-0 win for United? Clueless, obvs.....)

Remember when Lee Hendrie played for us? Ex England international,
We were in dreamland!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The fact that it's up for debate is enough to show its not a clear and obvious error. End of story

No it’s not. VAR didn’t overrule the ref - they suggested he might want to have a look at it again which he did and obviously he felt had made an error so changed his decision.

I hate VAR and wish it had never come in but the implementation there was absoutely fine and we can have no complaints. The correct decision was ultimately made in the end.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In this instance VAR only gives the ref an opportunity to take another look, its got nothing to do with the VAR or the official, totally a ref decision.

I think the last 10 times VAR has told the ref to check the screen he's reversed his decision. Make no mistake, VAR is still calling the shots.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
No it’s not. VAR didn’t overrule the ref - they suggested he might want to have a look at it again which he did and obviously he felt had made an error so changed his decision.

I hate VAR and wish it had never come in but the implementation there was absoutely fine and we can have no complaints. The correct decision was ultimately made in the end.

No, it wasn't. We were ****ed over by the officials again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here