Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Good feeling about this one.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Part of me is supremely optimistic but another part is very worried that we don’t have enough defenders to cope with the astonishing attacking power of manure. Sanchez, Dunk, White & Veltman have a got a challenge on their hands, whilst I’m sure Biss and Lallana will take control of centre midfield, it’s those fast breaks that terrify me.

Is it worth a punt on Welbeck scoring against his old team?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
BT Sport tonight right? Does anyone know if you can pause live BT, and unpause about 30 mins later without accidentally discovering the score? Timing isn’t good for me tonight with little one’s bedtime.

Yes you can. But don’t accidentally change the channel as I once did (also for my child’s bedtime), otherwise you lose the pause. Safer to record it.

scooter1

How soon is now?
It’s a bit bare bones for us at the back, and whilst 3 at the back with support from Moder and Gross worked against a poor Newcastle I can’t see it being strong enough to contain Man U.
I hope Ole goes a bit conservative, knowing what they have coming up. If that happens I think we have a chance. I hope Fred plays, because historically he’s been shite against us

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Is Pogba playing? Hope so, but hope the rubbish Pogba turns up. When I saw him v us when we beat them he was utter garbage. Oh no that's done it he will be world class now.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

One big factor in our favour is our away form which is excellent, we’re hitting a good patch, Leo, Maup and Welbeck have all scored lately. And GP has a real knack of picking the right team and right strategy for most games these days. Good luck to Ole trying to figure out our line up and system.

Genuinely feel we have it in our locker to get a result today. If chaos falls our way maybe all 3 points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am going to be drinking too much again tonight aren’t I ?

Win, lose or draw

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Which team will be most affected by the WBA result psychologically?
Newcastle, first 'in trouble' team playing today, will hope to get something better than Fulham.
Fulham, thinking a draw would be good at Villa, would be targeting 3pts and at least bettering Newcastle.
Brighton, last out of the traps, maybe will be relaxed knowing we cant lose a place in the league but any wrong results earlier could mean we will need every point we can get.
I reckon the four games today will be
Away win Burnley
Away win Spurs
Home win Villa
Draw at OT.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Can't see it being a 0-0 , really would like us to win 0-1 with the last kick of the game , and i mean the very last kick Mr Dean .

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Newcastle, first 'in trouble' team playing today, will hope to get something better than Fulham.
Fulham, thinking a draw would be good at Villa, would be targeting 3pts and at least bettering Newcastle.
Brighton, last out of the traps, maybe will be relaxed knowing we cant lose a place in the league but any wrong results earlier could mean we will need every point we can get.
Away win Burnley
Away win Spurs
Home win Villa
Draw at OT.

I'd take that.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
In the past I would have expected only a defeat but today I believe we can get something. Our form away is better and they are definitely inconsistent. I know that at their best they can trounce anybody, but will they?

Still 12 hours to kick off , (sigh) but I will spend Sunday in hope of at least one point .

Our away form is fairly decent, 4 wins and 4 draws, Man Utd. have lost 4 home games and drawn 3 so every chance tonight.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Away win Burnley
Away win Spurs
Home win Villa
Draw at OT.

Obviously Newcastle losing and us getting all 3 would be dreamland.

But most realistically, I think it’s important Newcastle don’t get a result today.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Away win Burnley
Away win Spurs
Home win Villa
Draw at OT.

No one. WBA remain dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here