Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manchester United board decide to sack Solskjær

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Tweeted by Fabrizio Romano just 30 mins ago.

Manchester United board decision to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjær has been also approved by Glazer. It’s over. [emoji837] #MUFC

Official statement in place, mutual agreement reached to respect Ole and part ways.

Fletcher-Carrick now ready as interim solution if no instant solution is found.
You better tell SSN and the BBC then .....................................
It appears Thunder Bolt didn't need to do unpaid work for the BBC and SSN and that their paid staff eventually caught up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Fully agree with this take:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...st-problem-for-next-manchester-united-manager

It was a very dumb signing. Does some goals really compensate for playing with 10 men?

thats a load of nonsense. if he wasnt scoring there might be a point. as he has been contributing and their problems are in defending, i cant really see why Ronaldo is the problem.

this has to be one of most ludicrous peices of football writing:
Suddenly it was no longer possible to sit deep and counter because there was a chugging goal-machine who had to be selected up front
i'd take that "problem" any day.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
thats a load of nonsense. if he wasnt scoring there might be a point. as he has been contributing and their problems are in defense, i cant really see why Ronaldo is the problem.

If football was only that easy that you could afford to have some bloke who does nothing but score goals without it affecting performance. Everyone else needing to work harder and covering more of the pitch has a negative impact. Bruno Fernandes scored 28 goals last season compared to the 4 in 17 this one, how much of that comes from needing to sacrifice energy and time covering up areas and applying pressure where Ronaldo cant be bothered to do it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
thats a load of nonsense. if he wasnt scoring there might be a point. as he has been contributing and their problems are in defending, i cant really see why Ronaldo is the problem.

this has to be one of most ludicrous peices of football writing:

i'd take that "problem" any day.

I just hope TB doesn't take that "problem" any day! (I think I'm on pretty safe ground with that hope, actually).

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
According to the Athletic Steve Bruce is keen on becoming interim manager, his odds have been tumbling all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here