Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Manchester United board decide to sack Solskjær

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thoughts and prayers for his next club.
Disappointed the ridicule of Man Utd might come to an end shortly..........i was enjoying that

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Damn! Was enjoying Man U performances this season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thoughts and prayers for his next club.
Disappointed the ridicule of Man Utd might come to an end shortly..........i was enjoying that

Thoughts and prayers for their next manager...

People are going to be surprised to see how little of Uniteds problems that are down to Ole.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

People are going to be surprised to see how little of Uniteds problems that are down to Ole.

Perhaps their next manager will get better results from players, of which quite a few, are clearly exceptionally talented and should on paper be performing better

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Perhaps their next manager will get better results from players, of which quite a few, are clearly exceptionally talented and should on paper be performing better

Plenty of them have failed under several managers and/or in several clubs. Obviously still should have done better this season, but I think they are very far from City, Chelsea and Liverpool in terms of quality.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Laughable.

They have Ronaldo, Fernandes, Rashford, Sancho, Pogba, De Gea, McGuire and a third the way into the season and they are 7th. Sorry, but that is dire. As for OGS, he's done nothing managerially and it is painfully obvious he doesn't have a clue how to influence games positively.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Laughable.

They have Ronaldo, Fernandes, Rashford, Sancho, Pogba, De Gea, McGuire and a third the way into the season and they are 7th. Sorry, but that is dire. As for OGS, he's done nothing managerially and it is painfully obvious he doesn't have a clue how to influence games positively.

Took them to 2nd place last season and turned around more games than any other team.

And sure that is some beautiful names on footballers but in reality its a bit more complicated than that. Ronaldo is great but causes as much as issues as he brings points to a team. Rashford is a little bit overrated. De Gea has been very average for a long while, even before OGS took over. Pogba was not particularly good under Mourinho and same goes under OGS. Clearly a player with a very high top capacity but I struggle to see anyone being able to keep him happy and motivated for more than short durations.

And then the big elephant in the room when it comes to Uniteds ambition: Luke Shaw, Harry Maguire, VNL and Obi-Wan Bissaka are not good enough for a club aiming to win the league at some point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No they haven't. Not yet anyway - thread title needs changing.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...-board-yet-to-decide-his-future-after-meeting

Ban for silly arsery?

Tweeted by Fabrizio Romano just 30 mins ago.

Manchester United board decision to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjær has been also approved by Glazer. It’s over. 🔴 #MUFC

Official statement in place, mutual agreement reached to respect Ole and part ways.

Fletcher-Carrick now ready as interim solution if no instant solution is found.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tweeted by Fabrizio Romano just 30 mins ago.

Manchester United board decision to sack Ole Gunnar Solskjær has been also approved by Glazer. It’s over. 🔴 #MUFC

Official statement in place, mutual agreement reached to respect Ole and part ways.

Fletcher-Carrick now ready as interim solution if no instant solution is found.
You better tell SSN and the BBC then .....................................

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Laughable.

Exactly. It wasn't the players' decision to go on the press against Liverpool and, if it was, and OGS allowed it that's a sackable offence anyway. They've been a team with stars and no tactics for a long while now and that's a couple of Man U STH mates of mine saying it, not just me.

However, whoever comes in will still have to deal with Great Uncle Alex micro managing everything they do and Roy Keane ranting about every mistake like the guy in the bus shelter with the White Lightning.

Some top 6am pedantry on this thread too, well done NSC!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not that it would have happened but I’d feel a little uneasy about GP going there if we’d been winning games we should have in the last seven games.

Just looking for a silver lining to my disappointment from yesterday :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not that it would have happened but I’d feel a little uneasy about GP going there if we’d been winning games we should have in the last seven games.

Just looking for a silver lining to my disappointment from yesterday :wink:

The silver lining being we're keeping him because we're now just as toothless away as we were under Hughton? Break out the champers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here