[Albion] Manchester United a bit covid-y now [Brentford v Man Utd postponed]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
May work in my favour as I have a ticket for the game but cannot go because I’m stuck in one of Bono’s Covid prisons

Where the streets have no name?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I just got an email reminding students that they have to come in tomorrow to give presentations. The email says "Please take a lateral flow test if possible to keep you, your peers and staff safe ahead of the holiday season".

What the actual ****? What if they don't, won't, can't, shan't or get a positive test and decide the session is more important than 'keeping people safe'?

This country seems to have been brainwashed by the libertarian cult now 'running' the country. Everybody has the right to do what they want, when they want, it seems, and employers, governing bodies etc., are playing constant catch up with rules and requirements, like headless chickens in thrall to the mad pied piper at number 10.

If I were Potter now I would be taking a hard look at our injuries and thinking "I can tell the EPL we have as many players with Covid as Spuds did and I can get some games called off till we have fewer players out injured. The EPL can't do anything other than agree because player medical status is confidential."
We had a similar situation to the top of your message. We were required to have a mandatory face to face team meeting last week. My boss sent an email round asking "if possible " could people do a lateral flow test . I told her we shouldn't let people attend if they can't do lateral flow test but she'd already been told we weren't allowed to tell staff that. Of course someone tested positive the day after

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
United close down first team operations for 24 hrs, so no training.
They are in discussions with Premier League to see if game goes ahead tomorrow (Tues) against Brentford.

United have delayed travelling to London.

Game not expected to go ahead.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
United close down first team operations for 24 hrs, so no training.
They are in discussions with Premier League to see if game goes ahead tomorrow (Tues) against Brentford.

United have delayed travelling to London.

Game not expected to go ahead.
Not sure why the game can't go ahead, they managed without any proper training the whole time Solksaer was in charge

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brentford v Man Utd has been postponed....

Manchester United's Premier League match against Brentford on Tuesday has been postponed after a Covid-19 outbreak at the Old Trafford club.

The league says the decision was made "following guidance from medical advisers due to the exceptional circumstances" of the outbreak.

Earlier, United shut down operations at their Carrington training ground to minimise the risk of infection.​

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
All getting very messy now. Fixture congestion is going to be a nightmare if this continues, which it seems like it will do...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Doesn't bode well for our game.

It’s really all up to Utd.

They might well want to get our match out of the way to avoid a fixture pile up later in the season. Their U23s are in a different bubble. The EPL will essentially let them decide so don’t rule it out just yet.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
All getting very messy now. Fixture congestion is going to be a nightmare if this continues, which it seems like it will do...
I would imagine that a season extension would be the obvious solution if this gets any worse.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I would imagine that a season extension would be the obvious solution if this gets any worse.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not going to be possible, next season already begins a week earlier and is back to back with midweek games because of the Qatar WC.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not going to be possible, next season already begins a week earlier and is back to back with midweek games because of the Qatar WC.

Isn't it? We only had a 7 week gap between the end of 19/20 and the beginning of 20/21. They currently have an 11 week gap programmed, so we can eat into this by a couple of weeks at least.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Isn't it? We only had a 7 week gap between the end of 19/20 and the beginning of 20/21. They currently have an 11 week gap programmed, so we can eat into this by a couple of weeks at least.

No, it's only a 7 week gap between the end of this season and the beginning of next season (6 weeks for football league). The first two weeks in June are international window so international sides will still be playing into midweek of w/c 13th June. New season kicks off on 6th August, next season is already going to be absolutely manic with pretty much every midweek utilised for European games or PL games to catch up on the missing weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports