[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Men Vs boys.
City are taking the piss and we look so limp at the back. We look lost all over the pitch but there isn't too much you can do against a city team when they turn up.
Making our own problems at the back when we do get the ball.
Is it too optimistic to say we're going to win 3-2?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We look a bit shell shocked at the moment, RDZ has got a lot of sorting out to do at HT

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bench looks strong, someone said earlier. Perhaps it would have been better if some of them had been on the pitch!

Is it ever a god idea to start without Veltman? Last time we played Citeh JPVH (almost) had Haaland in his pocket ................. oh well, let's drop him for dos Santos de Paulo (as some idiot compiling the team sheets for the BBC insists on calling him). Yes, I'm grumpy today.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Can Webster play right back? It’s got to be worth a try, he can’t be any worse than Milner there and at least he’s got a bit of pace and strength.
I don’t see him being part of RDZ’s plans. I would like him to be given a fair chance of re- establishing himself at CB alongside Dunk, but he seems way down the pecking order. I bet he is a tad pissed off myself.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
RDZ has thrown this, just like he threw the Villa game. In many ways i don't blame him. We can play first choice XI, high tempo, really trying, and probably still lose. So throw it, retain energy for winnable games. Away at City, Pool, Newcastle, Villa - reckon they're the four hardest games in this league, maybe add Spurs - so yeah, chuck em, doesn't really impact our season

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Men Vs boys.
City are taking the piss and we look so limp at the back. We look lost all over the pitch but there isn't too much you can do against a city team when they turn up.
Making our own problems at the back when we do get the ball.
Is it too optimistic to say we're going to win 3-2?
Not optimistic. Just deranged. :)

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I wouldn't say we 'forced' Sanchez out. Steele replaced him for a few games - and he got the huff.

I am not sure I agree. Steel replaced him for a large amount of games last year, and RDZ was very vocal in saying how much he preferred him. Even when Steele has bad games I.e Everton at home, Sanchez doesn’t get a chance and when Sanchez did get a chance and played well v Man U, it didn’t get him a run in the team.

If you are a player, you need to see you have a chance at earning first team football, when you get shown that performance etc doesn’t matter and the manager doesn’t want to play you, you are always going to leave.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
I know. It was a joke
Christopher Reeve Reaction GIF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports