Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Does seem to lack laser focus sometimes, his mind seems prone to wandering. Then again, like with any decent keeper, nobody really remembers the worldies - of which he always seems to have at least one a game
He's a decent shot stopper (reactions not thinking) but I don't rate the rest of his skillset. Also missing Ben R as another poster suggested.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I know City have been all over us, but I am sick and tired of these "big team" decisions - blatant shove on Webster, how that is allowed is unbelievable.

Not the first time that sort of thing has happened against us (although I cannot recall the actual game).

With a more intrusive VAR they could have had a penalty though for the Sanchez touch on Haaland, so it was at least consistent. The logic of the system is slightly odd. Not judging the challenge but whether the ref has a made a massive mistake.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The more I watch that goal, the more I blame Dunk for it. Got totally sucked in by Haaland on halfway, really poor, naive defending
Didn't realise just how bad it was from Dunk until they showed that wide-angled shot. Awful defending letting Haaland go like that, Webster half asleep and dreadful decision from Sanchez to come. All three culpable to an extent.

Oh well, we've been looking ok last 10 mins.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
You could question Sanchez decision but you can also question how Haaland gets the entire half of the pitch to himself. Leave the goal line and this (or a red card) can happen, stay in it and there's pretty much a guaranteed goal. Silly defensive setup to allow a running duel between Dunk and Haaland.
All of this, the whole defence was wrong

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Brighton are battling hard but it will be infuriating if we gift City with unnecessary penalties and/or red cards today (or Dunky goals)

from Man City Evening News blog

37’ Brighton still threatening​

Brighton are by no means out of this. The visitors worked the ball well from defense and attack, but when Leandro Trossard received the ball at the left of the area he took too many touches and City managed to block his shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here