Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Good luck
To be honest I really think our stewards are going to have to be on their toes for disagreements amongst our own fans about how to react next week.

Personally I'm trying to work out how I can demonstrate indifference. Turn my back ' poznan' style if Potter claps us? I'm not going to apologise for still being a bit miffed about the whole episode and the wholesale clearing out of the back room staff. And all the logical arguments about ambition and wouldn't you for the money and prestige are not going to change my perhaps blind passion for the Albion.

I would never condone the extremity of booing but I wouldn't put it past a few people and that's where I can see it getting ill tempered in our own stands.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
To be honest I really think our stewards are going to have to be on their toes for disagreements amongst our own fans about how to react next week.

Personally I'm trying to work out how I can demonstrate indifference. Turn my back ' poznan' style if Potter claps us? I'm not going to apologise for still being a bit miffed about the whole episode and the wholesale clearing out of the back room staff. And all the logical arguments about ambition and wouldn't you for the money and prestige are not going to change my perhaps blind passion for the Albion.

I would never condone the extremity of booing but I wouldn't put it past a few people and that's where I can see it getting ill tempered in our own stands.
GP is one thing. 3 years is fairly average. Did well for the club but made some people disappointed when he left - understandable. A little boo or two aren't out of place.

Bruno on the other hand... shambolic if he gets a poor treatment. If you work - hard and successfully - 10 years for the club you have a right to move on without getting people on your back.

Jimmy Grimble

I didn't mention Caicedo. I mentioned Sanchez. Chelsea don't have a Potterball keeper and Roberts has gone there with GP. Funnily enough he's already dropped a couple of huge clangers since GP left.
But for Sanchez it’s nothing to do with Potter, it’s because Ben Roberts has left.

Ask Chelsea fans who their most improved player is since Potter and the rest turned up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Brilliant performance today against possibly the best team in the world… It’s going to be an excellent season

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
GP is one thing. 3 years is fairly average. Did well for the club but made some people disappointed when he left - understandable. A little boo or two aren't out of place.

Bruno on the other hand... shambolic if he gets a poor treatment. If you work - hard and successfully - 10 years for the club you have a right to move on without getting people on your back.
You need to go to more matches in this country to understand the pantomime of it all and not watch it all from the dispassionate area of your bedroom concerning a team you have yet to really support. It takes a while Swanny old chap…. when you become irrational we’ll know you’ve joined us.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Hav`nt read every page -sorry , but i want to say how fantastic we played today , i thought we looked the better team for 30% of the game and in the game for almost 100% . Don`t think we deserved to lose , thought a draw was fair .

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not sure if it’s been discussed on here already, but I hope Bruno gets a good reception next week. He was told his job wasn’t guaranteed when a new manager was appointed, so made the choice to leave to secure his and his family’s future. The rest of them were chasing chasing the $ but not El Capitane,
So you were there in the boardroom then? What else was said?

Because from my outside point of view, he handed in his notice and F'd off before any conversations happened like that.

The club could easily have guaranteed him a role, any incoming manager would know he's got a former player, captain and asst coach who knows Brighton thru and thru and part of the appointment was to have Bruno as one of the assistants. Why would a new manager turn that down? RDZ has Crofty who has a fraction of the experience of Bruno.

Bruno left for the experience and the wonga. Just another ex-player to me now.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

The extremity of booing? Wow.

Bet I know your favourite ice cream flavour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you're going to be so triggered, by the opposition fans, why position yourself right next too them?

So many City (and a fair few of ours) fans made West Ham's 'tracksuit from Matalan' seem rational and normal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But for Sanchez it’s nothing to do with Potter, it’s because Ben Roberts has left.

Ask Chelsea fans who their most improved player is since Potter and the rest turned up.
So Sanchez is making mistakes because Ben Roberts left? And that's nothing to do with Potter? Even though it was Potter who took Roberts to Chelsea???

That's some mind gymnastics.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In addition to the "Sanchez can't live without Roberts" and "Sanchez is making mistakes to earn a move to Chelsea" theories, I'd like to add the one where his self-confidence is not 100% on top right now and that makes him question his own decisions leading to more mistakes. Nothing a couple of good saves in a 1-0-victory couldn't change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here