Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester City. Supposedly an English team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm thinking the OP has been harshly treated. I think he was making the point that Citeh were "flying the flag" for English clubs in Europe but have little that is English about them apart from Joe Hart. This is a fact.

I asked myself who would I like to win more out of Barcelona or Citeh, given that Barca are a great team who play great football and it's a great city. Not only that but they still bring through their own kids through their academy and hold on to their footballing principles implanted in the modern era by Cruyff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm thinking the OP has been harshly treated. I think he was making the point that Citeh were "flying the flag" for English clubs in Europe but have little that is English about them apart from Joe Hart. This is a fact.

I asked myself who would I like to win more out of Barcelona or Citeh, given that Barca are a great team who play great football and it's a great city. Not only that but they still bring through their own kids through their academy and hold on to their footballing principles implanted in the modern era by Cruyff.
But it's hardly a situation that has just emerged is it.

Chelsea, Arsenal and recent Utd have hardly been a hotbed of Englishness.
Even when Utd was held up as English success the likes of Schmeichel, Vernon, Cantona, Stam, van Nistelrooy etc outnumbered David Beckham, et al.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here