Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Managing Expectations

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey, if you thought that about Uwe how did you feel about Goldson?

Did he pass to one of our players all evening?

I though Uwe was better generally than Goldson who improved as the game went on except for the last 15 minutes and his continual long diagonal balls to the front men which went straight to the keeper or to a defenders head nowhere near where they should have been aimed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Meridian have just shown the highlights and said the red card was for a foul on Oliver Norwood not Seb Pocognoli. which is what I thought at the time but havent mentioned because I thought perhaps I got mixed up with the players

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Meridian have just shown the highlights and said the red card was for a foul on Oliver Norwood not Seb Pocognoli. which is what I thought at the time but havent mentioned because I thought perhaps I got mixed up with the players

Meridian are wrong. The foul is on Pocognoli; Norwood is the player who throws his hands in the air and then moves towards the referee to complain about the tackle.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bizarrely both the official Reading account (who should know what Norwood looks like) and the official Albion account both made the same mistake last night.

It was not Norwood..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Goal scoring is all about confidence. I wish for one game Chris would take the shackles off give all the forward players a mandate to have three on target shots a game, even if that means being selfish at the expense of others from time to time, and see what that yields.

Our shots from all bar Knockaert are often powder puff and too loose to make an impact.

You make it sound like they don't try and get their shots on target!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My expectations are mid table given our strike force. Not too hard to manage just seriously pissed off that we have kept failing in the same department every season since we came to the Amex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bizarrely both the official Reading account (who should know what Norwood looks like) and the official Albion account both made the same mistake last night.

It was not Norwood..

It sounds as if they all got their info from one source. Someone who may be dyslexic and gets 21 reversed with 12.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks

Just wondered as I think perspective does influence how we see a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure it does. The person sitting next to me normally sits in the WSU, so can see the whole shape of the game, whereas last night, being so close to the pitch, he remarked how it gave him a different perspective on it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I normally sit in WSU, pretty much in line with the goal line at the south end. The view of the team's shape is superb up there. Last night I was in W1C and I can confirm from there that Goldson looked impressive after a shaky start (especially see Pocognoli's first injury), whereas it looked as though Uwe was having a shocker and was keen to cement his position as fourth choice central defender.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I normally sit in WSU, pretty much in line with the goal line at the south end. The view of the team's shape is superb up there. Last night I was in W1C and I can confirm from there that Goldson looked impressive after a shaky start (especially see Pocognoli's first injury), whereas it looked as though Uwe was having a shocker and was keen to cement his position as fourth choice central defender.

I'm in the middle tier and it looked like Uwe covered Goldson a number of times in first half, plus his distribution was a lot better.

All opinions......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here