Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd & Moyes getting BOOED

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I feel the same about Tottingham/Arse/Man Utd/Chelsea shirts in and around Brighton. Thankfully, Brighton shirts now massively outnumber glory hunter shirts and long may that continue.

Yes, this.

No sympathy from me for plastic Tottingham gimps in Brighton with no real pull to north London. They can nick off as much as the plastic Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea muppets who are now happily in the minority.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
For all of my life Man U have been the dominant team in English football. Unfortunately my interest in football at the age of 8 tied in nicely with the start of their dominance. I have had enough of their plastic fans, laughing at me (im a spurs fan) and yet never having been to a game. I am loving their demise and their fans tantrums.

I do generally believe SAF was a good manager the endless list of titles and the very average team he won the league with last year was something special and proved this. However the magic has gone and teams are now no longer fearing them. The Old Trafford hoodoo has been lifted and teams are going for the win.

Long may they slide and hopefully get relegated so I won't have to endure the blight on the landscape of southern chavs in man u shirts that has been torturing my eyes for years 2 decades.

Thing is Brighton boy who supports a London Club, those plastic fans have tasted relegation before ( Denis Laws backheeled goal to help send them down) and what did those plastic fans do? Not desert them like a lot of plastic fans do.....they carried on supporting them. Man United v Sunderland in the second tier of English football attracted the largest Div 2 attendance ever over 60k.
I cant see their fans deserting them even if they go down. For all the hatred Man U Have created because of their success in recent years they have been well supported since the Munch Air crash and IMHO the majority of their fans don't deserve to be labelled "Plastic".
I do agree with you though on one thing.....the less Man U, Liverpool, Arse, your beloved Spuds shirts around This area the better!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Leeds still have a hardcore of support from all over the country thanks to their exploits in the 70's which is why they are still a ratings boost and shown a lot on SKY, same with Liverpool. Man U would still have a massive fan base even if they were in the Championship but I doubt very much that would ever happen

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Got the missus a Man utd bra for her birthday. She hates it,says the support is crap & it wont be long till the tits are out of both cups.

D1AX

Jun 20, 2013
The Manchester United Club was forged in tragedy and crisis. They have been down to rock bottom, experienced very dark days and have emerged victorious. It would be take a character of huge footballing ignorance who knows very little about the Club, its fans and its heritage that writes them off.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Manchester United Club was forged in tragedy and crisis. They have been down to rock bottom, experienced very dark days and have emerged victorious. It would be take a character of huge footballing ignorance who knows very little about the Club, its fans and its heritage that writes them off.

Really? Come on, in modern times this is just not the case. I don't think many people have a problem with man u fans who are from that area or who have supported them back in the day. But the new generation of fans knows only one thing, success. That's why Sussex, Surrey and all the home counties are full of arrogant man u 'fans' who have never been past the Watford gap, let alone up to old Trafford. Hardship? Never.

D1AX

Jun 20, 2013
Really? Come on, in modern times this is just not the case. I don't think many people have a problem with man u fans who are from that area or who have supported them back in the day. But the new generation of fans knows only one thing, success. That's why Sussex, Surrey and all the home counties are full of arrogant man u 'fans' who have never been past the Watford gap, let alone up to old Trafford. Hardship? Never.
Hardship? 6 February 1958

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Shouldn't your last sentence have ended with "writes us off". Come on, come clean, Sussex ManU plastic.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
If you can draw strength from something, it really doesn't matter how old it is...

True, but the "hardship" was 55 years ago. For many years they have been able to buy who they want and spend loads. They were spending well over 20M on players nearly 12 years ago......"hardship" not now eh.

D1AX

Jun 20, 2013
True, but the "hardship" was 55 years ago. For many years they have been able to buy who they want and spend loads. They were spending well over 20M on players nearly 12 years ago......"hardship" not now eh.
Class of 92, They didn't always buy big, they invested big in their youth. A policy driven by Sir Mat's, Busby Babes.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
24zeon6.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wouldn't write Man Utd off, they will bounce back and win a cup next season, probably the Europa though.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think there's a difference between the present Manchester United crowds and the 60,000 or so who stayed with them after they were relegated in 1974 (still one of the greatest days of my football-supporting life). A greater proportion now are tourists from other parts of the UK and other countries who go to watch the team win and be associated with victories and wear all the tat they've bought at the megastore. Many of them probably know little or nothing of Munich beyond the 1999 Champions League final. These people will be less ready to turn up when victory is no longer so certain, and would almost certainly not watch them in a lower division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here